Kyra LeMoyne Kennedy (born 1995) is an American socialite and model.
Early life and family
Kyra Kennedy was born in Massachusetts in 1995. She is a member of the Kennedy family. She is the daughter of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and his second wife, Mary Kathleen Richardson. She is the granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Kennedy and the great-niece of U.S. President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jacqueline Lee Bouvier. Her father filed for divorce from her mother on May 12, 2010. On May 16, 2012 her mother was found dead on the grounds of her Mount Kisco home, having committed suicide by hanging. Her father later remarried to Cheryl Hines.
Kennedy played basketball in high school. In December 2013 she was presented to society at le Bal des Débutantes at the Hôtel de Crillon in Paris. She danced the opening dance at le Bal des Débutantes with her father.
Kennedy made her modelling debut in 2016 when she walked the runway for Just Drew, a fashion label created by designer Andrew Warren, during New York Fashion Week. Later that year she modeled in an editorial campaign for Just Drew shot by photographer Alana O'Herlihy.
Kennedy is part of the Snap Pack and the Rich Kids of Instagram, social groups of privileged teenagers and young adults including Andrew Warren, Tiffany Trump, EJ Johnson, Gaïa Jacquet-Matisse, Ezra J. William, and Peter Brant II. In 2016 she was involved in a cyber-bullying incident against New York Magazine blogger Allie Jones and was reportedly banned from Instagram and Snapchat by her father.
- "Kyra Kennedy – Wildchild and scion of the Kennedy dynasty". 7 August 2018.
- Hallemann, Caroline (18 July 2018). "The Young Kennedys You Need to Know". Town & Country.
- Hall, Christine. (May 17, 2012). "Police: Mary Kennedy Committed Suicide". The Bedford Daily Voice.
- "Mary Richardson Kennedy Remembered At Funeral Three Days After Apparent Suicide". 19 May 2012.
- Team, Page Six (30 November 2013). "Kyra Kennedy belle of Paris ball".
- "The glamorous and exclusive world of the modern-day debutantes". Evening Standard. 23 November 2018.
- Colacello, Bob. "Inside Paris's 25th Annual le Bal des Débutantes". Vanities.
- "RFK Jr.'s Daughter Kyra Kennedy Makes Formal Debut at Debutante Ball". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- "Kyra Kennedy, great niece of John F Kennedy, opens Paris debutantes ball". NewsComAu. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- "PHOTOS: Kyra Kennedy, Great-Niece Of JFK, Debuts At Glam Deb Ball". HuffPost. 1 December 2013.
- "Kyra Kennedy Just Made Her Modeling Debut—And We've Got Exclusive Photos". Harper's BAZAAR. 25 May 2016.
- Reporter, Mark Shanahan-Reporter and Meredith Goldstein-. "A Kennedy debuts at a debutante ball - The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com.
- Frivolette.com. "The niece of John F. Kennedy Kyra Kennedy became a model". www.frivolette.com.
- Rosman, Katherine (6 April 2016). "Move Over, Rat Pack and Brat Pack: Here Comes the Snap Pack" – via NYTimes.com.
- Petrarca, Emilia. "A Guide to the Very Large, Very Beautiful Kennedy Family". W Magazine.
- Doughty, Eleanor. "Meet the new Kennedys". Tatler.
- Deitz, Bibi (8 April 2016). "Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Shuts Down Daughter Kyra's Instagram and Snapchat After She Trolls 'New York' Mag Writer".
- Petty, Amber. "The Kennedy grandchildren have grown up to be gorgeous". TheList.com.
- "Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Bans His Daughter, 20, From Social Media For Cyberbullying". 11 April 2016.