La Castellana, Negros Occidental
|Municipality of La Castellana|
Map of Negros Occidental with La Castellana highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|District||5th district of Negros Occidental|
|Barangays||13 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Rhumyla Nicor-Mangilimutan|
|• Electorate||38,632 voters (2016)|
|• Total||185.22 km2 (71.51 sq mi)|
|• Density||400/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)34|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||152.8 million (2016)|
La Castellana, officially the Municipality of La Castellana, is a 1st class municipality in the province of Negros Occidental, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 74,855 people.
La Castellana is a rural town situated at the base of Kanlaon Volcano, known for its natural springs, water falls and scenic spots. It is named after the famous "Paseo de la Castellana" in Madrid, Spain. It is an agricultural town engaged in sugarcane, rice and banana farming. It is home of many festivals namely Bailes de Luces, Banana Festival and Senior San Vicente Ferrer Feast Day where devotees far and near attend to for healing.
La Castellana is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
- Robles (Poblacion)
|Population census of La Castellana|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province:". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Negros Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|