Labiodental ejective fricative
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Labiodental ejective fricative|
Features of the labiodental ejective fricative:
- Its manner of articulation is fricative, which means it is produced by constricting air flow through a narrow channel at the place of articulation, causing turbulence.
- Its place of articulation is labiodental, which means it is articulated with the lower lip and the upper teeth.
- Its phonation is voiceless, which means it is produced without vibrations of the vocal cords.
- It is an oral consonant, which means air is allowed to escape through the mouth only.
- The airstream mechanism is ejective (glottalic egressive), which means the air is forced out by pumping the glottis upward.
|Kabardian||фӏыцӏэ||[fʼət͡sʼa] (help·info)||'black'||Corresponds to [ʃʷʼ] in Adyghe.|
|Yapese||f'aang||[fʼaːŋ]||'type of eel'|
- Colarusso, John. 1992. A Grammar of the Kabardian Language.
- Colarusso, John. 1992. A Grammar of the Kabardian Language. University of Calgary Press.
- List of languages with [fʼ] on PHOIBLE
|This linguistics article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|