Lake Erie State Park
|Lake Erie State Park|
|Location||5838 Lake Road |
Brocton, New York
|Area||355 acres (1.44 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||97,565 (in 2014)|
|Website||Lake Erie State Park|
Lake Erie State Park is a 355-acre (1.44 km2) state park located in the Town of Portland in Chautauqua County, New York, United States, northeast of the village of Brocton. Its major attraction is its Lake Erie beach, in addition to its campsites and other recreational facilities.
The park includes facilities and trails for hiking, cross-country skiing, birdwatching, fishing, boating and camping at one of its 97 campsites or 10 cabins. Swimming is available on scheduled days and times at the beach. An 18-hole disc golf course named "Shipwreck Bluff DGC" was constructed at the park in 2015. The park sells discs and clothing related to the course.
- "Lake Erie State Park - Getting There". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 673. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Lake Erie State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- "Shipwreck Bluff DGC in Brocton, NY". Disc Golf Course Review. August 10, 2015. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
|This article about a location in Chautauqua County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|