Lake Tawakoni State Park
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Lake Tawakoni State Park|
Woodland hiking area, Lake Tawakoni State Park, May 2007
|Location||Hunt County, Texas|
|Nearest city||Wills Point|
|Area||376.3 acres (152.3 ha)|
|Elevation||430 feet (130 m)|
|Governing body||Texas Parks and Wildlife Department|
On January 22, 2009, a fire swept through the park, burning approximately 125 acres (51 ha) of park property.
- "Lake Tawakoni State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 11 February 2004. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Park History of Lake Tawakoni State Park". Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Nature of Lake Tawakoni State Park". Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Scientists Debate Massive Spider Web Blanketing 200 Yards of Texas Park". Fox News. August 31, 2007.
- "Fire Sweeps Through Tawakoni State Park". Herald Banner. January 24, 2009.
|This article related to a protected area in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|