Lamotte Township, Crawford County, Illinois
The Stoner Site, an important archaeological site in the township
Location in Crawford County
Crawford County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 5, 1867|
|• Total||51.41 sq mi (133.2 km2)|
|• Land||50.81 sq mi (131.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.59 sq mi (1.5 km2) 1.15%|
|Elevation||440 ft (134 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||40.3/sq mi (15.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Lamotte Township is one of ten townships in Crawford County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,046 and it contained 995 housing units. Its name changed from Palestine Township sometime before 1921.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 51.41 square miles (133.2 km2), of which 50.81 square miles (131.6 km2) (or 98.83%) is land and 0.59 square miles (1.5 km2) (or 1.15%) is water. The Wabash River defines its eastern border.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Barbee, East Union, Green, Higgins, Kitchell, Neathery and Oak Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- Robinson Municipal Airport
- Leaverton Park
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Hutsonville Community Unit School District 1
- Palestine Community Unit School District 3
- Robinson Community Unit School District 2
- Oblong Community Unit School District 4
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Lamotte Township, Crawford County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.