Lawrence J. Fitzgerald
He was born in Ireland and came to the United States as a boy with his parents. The family settled at Skaneateles, N.Y. Later he moved to Cortland, New York and in 1869, he established the Cortland Wagon Company which manufactured carriages, wagons and bicycles.
He was a vice president of the National Bank of Cortland, and a director of the Madison Square Bank and the Columbia Bank, both in New York City.
- The Political Graveyard: Index to Politicians: Fitzgerald at politicalgraveyard.com Political Graveyard
- Past and Present - Cortland - Part 2 - Its Manufacturing Interests. at www.usgennet.org History of the Cortland Wagon Co., at USGenNet
-  About the Treasurer's office, in NYT on February 3, 1887
-  Gubernatorial campaign, in NYT on October 6, 1906
-  Obit in NYT on July 13, 1918
Robert A. Maxwell
| New York State Treasurer