Leith Citadel railway station
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The station building today
|Original company||Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway|
|Pre-grouping||North British Railway|
|Post-grouping||London and North Eastern Railway|
|10 May 1846||Opened as North Leith|
|16 June 1947||Closed to passengers|
|1952||renamed Leith Citadel|
|1970s||closed for freight|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
The Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway constructed a branch to North Leith (Leith Citadel) which was opened on 10 May 1846.
- "Citadel Youth Centre". Citadel Youth Centre. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Leith Citadel Station, Now Citadel Youth Centre (photos)". Edinphoto. 25 May 2006. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- Crawford, Ewan. "RAILSCOT on Edinburgh Leith and Newhaven Railway". railscot. Retrieved 18 January 2015.