|Municipality of Lemery|
Map of Iloilo with Lemery highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|District||5th district of Iloilo|
|Barangays||31 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Oscar C. Villegas Jr.|
|• Vice Mayor||Ligaya P. Apura|
|• Congressman||Raul C. Tupas|
|• Electorate||18,182 voters (2016)|
|• Total||119.90 km2 (46.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||260/km2 (670/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)33|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||80.9 million (2016)|
Lemery is 87 kilometres (54 mi) from Iloilo City.
Lemery was created from the barrios of Lemery, Tabunan, Tuburan, Nagsulang, Daga, Tuguis, Singcua, Agpipili, Pacuan, Milan, Alagiñgay, Tuga, Bajo, San Antonio, Capeñahan, Bankal, Geroñgan, Omio, Nasapahan, Abuac-Dalipe, San Jose, Cabangtohan, Dapdapan, Butuan, Anabo, and Buenavista from the municipality of Sara by virtue of Republic Act No. 197, enacted June 22, 1947. It was named after Spanish governor-general José Lemery e Ibarrola Ney.
- Almeñana (aka Tuguis)
- Poblacion NW Zone
- Poblacion SE Zone
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Jose Moto
|Population census of Lemery|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Lemery, Iloilo, was 30,851 people, with a density of 260 inhabitants per square kilometre or 670 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An act creating the municipality of Lemery in the province of Iloilo". LawPH.com. n.d. Retrieved 2011-04-08.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Iloilo". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Western Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|