Lewisham Southwark College
|Local authority||London Borough of Lewisham|
|Department for Education URN||130415 Tables|
Lewisham College is a further education college in Lewisham and Deptford, south-east London. It was established in 1990, having previously been known as SELTEC (South East London College of Technology) since the early 1970s, which had campuses at Lewisham Way, Deptford and was run by ILEA[circular reference] (The Inner London Education Authority).
Lewisham College and Southwark College merged in 2012, having previously existed as separate institutions. Between 2013 and 2014 the college was branded as LeSoCo, before this was dropped. It was then known as Lewisham Southwark College between 2014 and 2018, becoming part of Newcastle College Group in 2017.
In October 2018 it was announced by Newcastle College Group (NCG) that Lewisham Southwark College would return to being branded as two institutions: Lewisham College and Southwark College.
Lewisham College is located in the London Borough of Lewisham in south-east London. The college has campuses in Lewisham Way, Deptford Church Street and in Deptford Church Street. The college mainly serves students living in the local communities of Lewisham, Greenwich and Southwark,
- 39% study full-time
- 61% part-time
- Average age 29
- 57% from ethnic minorities
- 41% from Lewisham
- 13% from Southwark
- 11% from Greenwich
- 59% male 41% female
- 644 full-time equivalent staff
- 5 campuses
- Duwayne Brooks, Liberal Democrat politician
- Thomas Caterer, pioneer schoolteacher
- Max Gradel, footballer
- Keeley Hazell, model and actress
- Leon Lai, Hong Kong actor and singer
- Shakira Martin, President of NUS
- Suzanne May, actress
- Novelist, grime MC
- Shaun Parkes, actor
- Daniel Bedingfield, musician
- Freddie Annobil-Dodoo, actor
- Sandra, Bauer. Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_London_Education_Authority. Retrieved 2018-11-22. Missing or empty
- team, London SE1 website. "Southwark College takeover by Lewisham College takes effect". London SE1. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- Banks, Tom (2014-10-01). "LeSoCo identity dropped by Lewisham Southwark College". Design Week. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- "NCG Welcomes Lewisham Southwark College into the Group | News". NCG. 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- "NCG Announces Changes to Lewisham Southwark College". NCG. 2018-09-24. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- Ofsted report 2006 Archived 2011-01-10 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 29 July 2010
- 157 Group Archived 2010-09-02 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 29 July 2010
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|