|Full name||Liang Chong|
|Born||January 29, 1980|
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
|FIDE rating||2489 (October 2019)|
|Peak rating||2588 (October 2000)|
In 2004, he became China's 16th Grandmaster.
He achieved his first GM norm at the 3rd S.T. Lee Cup Open Tournament in September 1996 scoring 6/10. His second GM norm wasn't achieved until another 5 years in April 2001 at the World Championship Zonal 3.3 in Handan with a score 8/13. His third norm was achieved in September 2003 at the Chinese Team Chess Championship in Tianjin with a score of 6.5/10.
He participated for the China national chess team at the 34th Chess Olympiad (2000) with an overall record of 3 games played (+1, =1, -1); one World Men's Team Chess Championship (2005) with an overall record of 1 game played (+1, =0, -0); and one Men's Asian Team Chess Championships (1999) with an overall record of 5 games played (+2, =2, -1) for the China B team.
In 1999 he managed to qualify for the FIDE World Chess Championship Knockout Tournament in Las Vegas, but was beaten in the first round by Goran Dizdar. At the 2001-2 WCC Knockout Tournament in Moscow, he was again defeated in the first round (by Alexander Motylev).
China Chess League
- "中国国际象棋运动员等级分数据库". Chessinchina.net. Archived from the original on 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "FIDE title application". Fide.com. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "World Chess Federation". FIDE. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- Wojciech Bartelski. "Men's Chess Olympiads :: Liang Chong". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- Wojciech Bartelski. "World Men's Team Chess Championship :: Liang Chong". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- Wojciech Bartelski. "Men's Asian Team Chess Championship :: Liang Chong". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "1999 FIDE Knockout Matches". Mark-weeks.com. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "2001-02 FIDE Knockout Matches". Mark-weeks.com. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "The Week in Chess 697". The Week In Chess. Mark Crowther. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "雅戈尔杯中国国际象棋甲级联赛官方网站". Ccl.sports.cn. Archived from the original on 2011-10-28. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- Liang Chong - New In Chess. NICBase Online.
- FIDE Chess Player card - Individual Calculations
- Liang, Chong player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Chessmetrics Career Ratings for Liang Chong
- Elo rating with world rankings and historical development since 1990 (benoni.de/schach/elo) for Liang Chong