Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport
Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional de Puerto Vallarta Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz
|Operator||Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico|
|Serves||Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit|
|Location||Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||23 ft / 7 m|
Source: Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico
Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (sometimes abbreviated as Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport) (IATA: PVR, ICAO: MMPR) is an international airport located at Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco in Mexico. The airport is named after President Gustavo Díaz Ordaz (1964–70). It handled 4,522,600 passengers in 2017 and 4,627,800 passengers in 2018.
Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport is mainly a tourist airport, with most passengers visiting the airport in the winter, spring and early summer, just before the rainy season hits the area. The airport serves multiple destinations in North America, and the British tourist airline TUI Airways serves the airport with two weekly year-round flights to both London-Gatwick and Manchester using their Boeing 787 aircraft. Los Angeles, Dallas, and Houston are the busiest international routes from the airport, serving more that than 100 thousand passengers annually. Among all airlines that serve the airport, WestJet serves the greatest number of international destinations, connecting 12 different Canadian cities with Puerto Vallarta during the high season. Free Wifi is available throughout the airport, and food services and shopping are both abundant after clearing security.
Expansion and growth
Puerto Vallarta has seen growth and expansion due to higher demand. In the 21st century, multiple airlines have expanded at the airport, along with new airlines and aircraft upgrades.
Airlines and destinations
|1||Mexico City, Mexico City||483,205||Aeromar, Aeroméxico, Aeroméxico Connect, Interjet, Magni, VivaAerobus, Volaris|
|2||Nuevo León, Monterrey||122,740||Magni, VivaAerobus, Volaris|
|3||Baja California, Tijuana||65,642||Volaris|
|4||Jalisco, Guadalajara||52,530||Aeromar, Calafia Airlines, Interjet, TAR, VivaAerobus|
|5||México (state), Toluca||29,505||Interjet|
|7||Guanajuato, León||16,133||1||Interjet, TAR, Volaris|
|10||San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí||3,270||2||TAR|
|15||Baja California, Mexicali||180|
|1||United States, Los Angeles||216,833||Alaska Airlines, American Eagle, Delta Air Lines, Interjet, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines|
|2||United States, Dallas||125,971||1||American Airlines|
|3||United States, Houston (airports George Bush & Hobby)[Note 1]||120,357||1||Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, United Express|
|4||United States, San Francisco||117,885||2||Alaska Airlines, United Airlines|
|5||Canada, Calgary||87,836||3||Air Canada, Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines, WestJet|
|6||United States, Denver||84,590||Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines|
|7||Canada, Vancouver||80,255||2||Air Canada, Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines, WestJet|
|8||United States, Phoenix||79,899||1||American Airlines|
|9||United States, Chicago||76,287||4||American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, United Airlines|
|10||Canada, Toronto||65,292||Air Canada Rouge, Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines, WestJet|
|11||United States, Atlanta||48,009||Delta Air Lines|
|12||United States, Minneapolis||43,962||Delta Air Lines, Sun Country Airlines|
|13||United States, Seattle||39,279||Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines|
|14||United States, Oakland||37,599||Southwest Airlines|
|15||Canada, Edmonton||32,860||2||Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines, WestJet|
- Official statistics include airports George Bush and Hobby.
- "GAP Traffic Report". Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Air Canada / Air Canada rouge W19 Sun Destinations service changes as of 16JUL19". RoutesOnline. 16 July 2019. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Alaska Airlines discontinues Orange County – Mexico service in August 2019". Routes Online. May 2019. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Swoop schedules new routes in W19". Routesonline.
- "Where we fly", Swoop, 27 March 2019 Retrieved on 01 April 2019.
- "Traffic Statistics by Airline" (in Spanish). Secretaría de Comunicaciones y Transportes. January 2019. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport.|
- Puerto Vallarta International Airport
- http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/MMPR.html Current weather at MMPR from NOAA
- TripAdvisor page on arrival at PVR, including warning about the Shark Tank.
- Airport information for MMPR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.