Linton Township, Vigo County, Indiana
Location in Vigo County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.43 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Land||34.97 sq mi (90.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.46 sq mi (1.2 km2) 1.30%|
|Elevation||574 ft (175 m)|
|• Density||37.8/sq mi (14.6/km2)|
47802, 47850, 47866
|GNIS feature ID||453575|
Linton Township High School and Community Building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.43 square miles (91.8 km2), of which 34.97 square miles (90.6 km2) (or 98.70%) is land and 0.46 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 1.30%) is water.
- Honey Creek Township (north)
- Riley Township (northeast)
- Pierson Township (east)
- Jackson Township, Sullivan County (southeast)
- Curry Township, Sullivan County (south)
- Fairbanks Township, Sullivan County (southwest)
- Prairie Creek Township (west)
- Prairieton Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Kester Family Cemetery, Brown, and Union.
Airports and landing strips
- Kester Fly Inn Airport
- Fowler Lake
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 39
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.