FM 2503 starts at a stop sign on SH 71 in Ellinger. At this point, SH 71 runs to the northwest and since FM 2503 meets it at right angles, the highway heads to the northeast. Hruska's Store and Bakery stands on the northwest side of FM 2503 at the intersection. In Ellinger, FM 2503 is also called Ross Street. After going eight blocks to the northwest the highway leaves Ellinger. At a distance of 2.2 miles (3.5 km) from its beginning, FM 2503 intersects with Saint Mary's Church Road coming from the southeast. From there to the junction with Brushy Road and Ross Prairie Church Road is another 1.9 miles (3.1 km). From Ross Prairie Church Road to the stop sign at FM 1291 is 2.1 miles (3.4 km). The junction is 2.6 miles (4.2 km) southeast of Fayetteville. FM 2503 is approximately parallel with FM 955, which is about 2 miles (3.2 km) to the northwest.
FM 2503 was first designated on October 31, 1957, to start from SH 71 at Ellinger and head northeast for about 6.3 miles (10.1 km) to FM 1291. The route has not been altered since the original authorization.
Farm to Market Road 2513 (FM 2513) is a former highway that was located in Brazos County. No highway currently uses the FM 2513 designation.
FM 2513 was designated on October 31, 1957, traveling from the intersection of Carson Street and Turkey Creek Road in Bryan southward to FM 60 west of College Station at a distance of 3.6 miles (5.8 km). The section of highway between FM 2818 and FM 60 was transferred to FM 2818 on October 8, 1965, decreasing the route's length by 2.6 miles (4.2 km). FM 2513 was cancelled and removed from the state highway system on December 14, 1989, with maintenance being turned over to the city of Bryan.
FM 2519 was designated on October 31, 1957 along its current route. On June 27, 1995, the official designation was changed to Urban Road 2519 (UR 2519); the official designation was changed back to FM 2519 on November 15, 2018.
Ranch to Market Road 2523 (RM 2523') is located in Val Verde, Kinney and Edwards counties.
RM 2523 begins at an intersection with US 90 in eastern Del Rio. Just north of the intersection with US 90, the highway travels through Val Verde Park and leaves the town right before an intersection with Loop 79. Outside of the Del Rio area, RM 2523 travels through largely rural areas, with the terrain becoming more hilly the farther north the highway travels. RM 2523 ends at an intersection with US 377 northeast of Carta Valley.
RM 2523 was designated on October 31, 1957, traveling from US 90 northeastward at a distance of 5.5 miles (8.9 km). The highway was extended 18.0 miles (29.0 km) northeastward on October 31, 1958. RM 2523 was extended 6.6 miles (10.6 km) northeastward on November 24, 1959. The highway was extended 4.0 miles (6.4 km) northward on September 27, 1960. RM 2523 was extended 6.5 miles (10.5 km) to US 377 on June 20, 1961.
Farm to Market Road 2526 (FM 2526) is located entirely in Eastland County.
FM 2526 begins at an intersection with FM 569 at Nimrod. The highway travels in an eastern direction and intersects SH 206 and has a brief overlap with US 183. After the overlap, FM 2526 continues to travel in an eastern direction and enters the town of Carbon, where it intersects SH 6. The highway ends at an intersection with FM 2689.
FM 2526 was designated on October 31, 1957, running from US 183 near Pleasant Hill eastward to SH 6 (now Loop 389) at Carbon, at a distance of 8.7 miles (14.0 km). The highway was extended 5.3 miles (8.5 km) westward to FM 569 on October 31, 1958. FM 2526 was extended 7.6 miles (12.2 km) eastward to FM 2689 on May 6, 1964.
Farm to Market Road 2527 (FM 2527) is located entirely in Lampasas County.
FM 2527 begins at an intersection with FM 580 near Rumley. The highway runs in a slight northwest direction and runs parallel to the Lampasas River for its entire route. FM 2527 ends at an intersection with FM 1690.
FM 2527 was designated on October 31, 1957, running from FM 580 northwestward at a distance of 4.0 miles (6.4 km). The highway was extended to FM 1690 on October 31, 1958.
FM 2528 begins at Loop 289 in west Lubbock. The highway runs north along Frankford Avenue and has an intersection with FM 2255 (4th Street) near a major retail center. Development along the highway begins to lower after an intersection with Erskine Street before leaving the city limits of Lubbock. Shortly after leaving Lubbock, FM 2528 has an intersection with US 84 and FM 2641 shortly after that. The highway travels through sparsely populated areas of Lubbock County and overlaps with FM 597 between Anton and Abernathy. After leaving FM 597, FM 2528 enters Lamb County and ends at an intersection with FM 54 southeast of Spade.
FM 2528 was first designated on October 31, 1958, from FM 597 south to FM 1729 west of New Deal. On June 28, 1963, the highway was extended south to Loop 289 in Lubbock. On November 5, 1971, FM 2528 was extended north to FM 54, overlapping with FM 597 in the process. The highway was internally designated as Urban Road 2528 by TxDOT from Loop 289 to US 84 from June 27, 1995 until November 15, 2018, when this section was changed back to FM 2528.
Farm to Market Road 2529 (FM 2529) is located entirely in El Paso County within the city of El Paso.
FM 2529 begins at an intersection with Bus. US 54 (Dyer Street) near Fort Bliss. The highway travels in a northern direction along McCombs Street through an area of the city with a mix of residential and commercial development. North of US 54, FM 2529 travels through more rural areas of the city's northside. The highway turns west onto Stan Roberts Sr. Avenue, running one mile south of the New Mexico state line, before ending at an intersection with FM 3255 (Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard).
FM 2529 was designated on October 31, 1957, traveling from US 54 (now Bus. US 54) northward to the El Paso Natural Gas Company compressor station at a distance of 6.6 miles (10.6 km). The highway was extended 2.0 miles (3.2 km) westward to Dona Ana Target Range Road on October 31, 1958. The section of FM 2529 between FM 2637 and FM 3255 was relocated on November 29, 1982 (the old route is now State Line Drive). The entire highway was internally re-designated as Urban Road 2529 by TxDOT from June 27, 1995 until November 15, 2018, when it was changed back to FM 2529.
Farm to Market Road 2536 (FM 2536) is located entirely in Bexar County.
FM 2536 begins at an intersection with Loop 1604 southwest of San Antonio. The highway travels in a northeast direction through more rural areas of the county and enters San Antonio near an intersection with Nelson Road. FM 2536 continues to travel through less developed areas and runs near a large residential area of the city after a junction with I-410 / SH 16. The highway travels along the edge of Pearsall Park before ending at an intersection with Loop 13 near Lackland AFB. FM 2536 in San Antonio is known locally as Old Pearsall Road.
FM 2536 was designated on April 24, 1958, traveling from Loop 13 southwestward to FM 2173 (which has since been discontinued). The highway's northern terminus was re-located to I-410 on July 26, 1960, with the southern terminus being re-located to a point 2.6 miles (4.2 km) southwest of I-410; FM 2536 was restored to its previous routing two months later on September 26. The highway was extended to FM 1604 (now Loop 1604) on November 3, 1972 (FM 2173 became part of Loop 1604 around that time). The section of FM 2536 between I-410 and Loop 13 was internally re-designated as Urban Road 2536 by TxDOT on June 27, 1995 until November 15, 2018, when it was changed back to FM 2536.
Farm to Market Road 2537 (FM 2537) is located entirely in Bexar County.
FM 2537 begins at an intersection with Pleasanton Road south of San Antonio. The highway travels in a southeast direction through rural farm areas before ending at an intersection with US 281 near Southside High School.
FM 2537 was designated on April 24, 1958 along the current route.
Farm to Market Road 2538 (FM 2538) is located in Bexar and Guadalupe counties.
FM 2538 begins at a junction with I-10 / US 90 / SH 130 near Zuehl. The highway travels in a southeast direction near Cibolo Creek and the Zuehl city limits until an intersection with Real Rock Road, running near several farms and guest ranches. FM 2538 crosses the creek and enters New Berlin, where it ends at an intersection with FM 775.
FM 2538 was designated on April 24, 1958, running from US 90 0.7 miles (1.1 km) west of the Bexar-Guadalupe county line southeastward to Cibolo Creek at a distance of 6.7 miles (10.8 km). The highway was extended 1.6 miles (2.6 km) from Cibolo Creek to FM 775 later that year on October 31.
Farm to Market Road 2546 (FM 2546) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Texas that stays within Wharton County. The two-lane road starts at Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church and goes directly west past FM 1160 and State Highway 71 (SH 71). East of SH 71, the highway turns sharply to the southwest and ends at SH 71 north of El Campo.
FM 2546 starts at a rural intersection in front of Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church. The paved highway ends at this location. From here, gravel-topped County Road 394 continues west and another gravel road goes north. From the church east to FM 1160 at the site of Hahn is 3.3 miles (5.3 km). The distance from FM 1160 eastward to SH 71 is 4.2 miles (6.8 km). The Hahn Cemetery is on the south side of the road along this stretch of FM 2546. Continuing east of SH 71, the highway passes through the tiny community of Jones Creek. At a distance of 2.3 miles (3.7 km) east of SH 71, FM 2546 turns sharply to the southwest. After going southwest an additional 2.3 miles (3.7 km) the highway comes to the intersection with FM 2765. Continuing to the southwest for 1.0 mile (1.6 km), FM 2546 ends at a stop sign on SH 71. The continuation of the road on the west side of SH 71 is called Sandy Corners Road.
FM 2546 was originally designated on October 31, 1958 to start at FM 1160 and run approximately 4.3 miles (6.9 km) eastward to a point on SH 71 which was 1.7 miles (2.7 km) southeast of New Taiton in Wharton County. On May 2, 1962 the highway was extended west from FM 1160 about 3.5 miles (5.6 km), making a total distance of approximately 7.7 miles (12.4 km). On May 5, 1966, FM 2546 was extended east from SH 71 a distance of about 2.4 miles (3.9 km). From this point, the highway followed 3.3 miles (5.3 km) of the former right-of-way of FM 2923 to end at SH 71 at a location 2.2 miles (3.5 km) north of the El Campo city limit. FM 2923 was canceled on May 18, 1966.
Mt Pilgrim Baptist Church is at the western end of FM 2546 where the pavement ends.
FM 2551 begins at FM 544 in Murphy. It travels north along Murphy Road into Parker, where it intersects FM 2514. The two routes are briefly concurrent along Parker Road before FM 2551 turns to the north along Dillehay Drive. The route enters Allen, where it is known as Angel Parkway, before ending at FM 2170 near the Lucas city limits.
FM 2551 was designated on December 16, 1958, traveling from FM 2170 east of Allen southward to a road intersection near Parker at a distance of 3.2 miles (5.1 km). The highway was extended 3.5 miles (5.6 km) to FM 544 in Murphy on June 25, 1962. All of FM 2551 was internally re-designated as Urban Road 2551 by TxDOT from June 27, 1995 until November 15, 2018, when it was changed back to FM 2551.On February 28, 2019, the section of FM 2551 from FM 544 to the Murphy city limits border was cancelled and given to the city of Murphy.
Farm to Market Road 2552 (FM 2552) is located entirely in Parker County in Weatherford.
FM 2552 begins at a junction with I-20 and Clear Lake Road. The highway travels briefly along Clear Lake Road before traveling along Santa Fe Drive in a northwestern direction before turning west near Briarhaven Boulevard, then turns north near Park Avenue. FM 2552 turns off of Santa Fe Drive onto Jack Borden Way at an intersection. The highway travels along Jack Borden Way through the Town Creek greenbelt before ending at an intersection with US 180.
The current FM 2552 was designated on February 29, 1968, traveling from US 80 (now US 180) southeastward to I-20. The highway was re-routed onto to Jack Borden Way near the town square in 2016 as part of the city's plan to alleviate vehicle traffic in the area.
FM 2552 was originally designated on October 31, 1958, running from US 82 west of New Boston southward to SH 98 at a distance of 3.0 miles (4.8 km). The highway was cancelled on October 3, 1966 when SH 98 was rerouted.
Farm to Market Road 2553 (FM 2553) is located entirely in Harris County in southeastern Houston.
FM 2553 begins at I-45 near the Sam Houston Tollway. The highway travels in a northeastern direction as a mostly two-lane undivided highway along Scarsdale Road. FM 2553 travels through a rural, undeveloped area of the city, before traveling near a subdivision and ending at an intersection with SH 3.
The current FM 2553 was designated on July 29, 1965, running from I-45 northeastward to SH 3. The entire highway was internally re-designated as Urban Road 2553 by TxDOT from June 27, 1995 until November 15, 2018, when it was changed back to FM 2553.
The original FM 2553 was designated on October 31, 1958, running from FM 1840 near DeKalb southeastward to a road intersection at a distance of 6.7 miles (10.8 km). The highway was cancelled and combined with FM 990 on June 10, 1965.
Farm to Market Road 2555 (FM 2555) is located entirely in Navarro County.
FM 2555 begins at an intersection with FM 709 in the town of Retreat. The highway travels in a northwestern direction, then turns in a more northern direction at Oak Valley. FM 2555 enters Corsicana near an intersection with Oak Valley Road then intersects SH 31 near a commercial area. The highway intersects FM 744 near Corsicana High School before ending at an intersection with SH 22. The section of FM 2555 within Corsicana is known locally as 45th Street.
The current FM 2555 was designated in 1960, running from SH 31 northwestward to SH 22 at a distance of 1.7 miles (2.7 km). The highway was extended 3.4 miles (5.5 km) southward to FM 709 in 1981.
The original FM 2555 was designated in 1958, running from SH 146 northeast of Liberty, northward to a county road at a distance of 5.3 miles (8.5 km). The highway was cancelled in 1959, with the mileage being transferred to FM 1011.
The southern terminus of FM 2576 is at an intersection with FM 40 near the unincorporated community of Savage. The northern terminus is 5.210 miles (8.385 km) to the north, at an intersection with US 62 / US 82 / SH 114 west of Ralls.
The current designation was established on May 2, 1962.
A previous route designed FM 2576 was designated in Jasper County on December 19, 1958, southward 3.5 miles from an intersection with FM 105. On November 24, 1959, the route was extended southward 2.4 miles. This route became a part of FM 1131 on October 16, 1961.
Farm to Market Road 2588 (FM 2588) was previously designated to a route in Lipscomb County. No highway currently uses the FM 2588 designation.
FM 2588 was designated on November 24, 1959, traveling from SH 305 near Lipscomb, westward at a distance of 3.5 miles (5.6 km). The highway was cancelled in 1960, with the mileage being transferred to FM 1920.
State maintenance and the RM 2588 designation begins in southeastern Henderson County, just north of the Anderson county line. The roadway travels north to near Larue to an intersection with US 175.
The rural route has no street names, as it enters no incorporated communities, and is two-lane and shoulderless for its entire length.
The Ranch to Market designation for this road is an exception to TxDOT's designation preferences, as roads east of US 281 are generally signed as Farm to Market routes. RM 2588 lies approximately 130 miles (210 km) east of US 281. Another exception is RM 2970.
The current RM 2588 was designated on January 12, 1961.
The southern terminus of FM 2591 is at an intersection with US 82 / SH 114 approximately 3.4 mi (5.5 km) east of Crosbyton. The northern terminus is 5.7 miles (9.2 km) to the north, at an intersection with County Road 140.
FM 2591 was designated on November 24, 1959 on its current route
The 5.4-mile (8.7 km) two-lane road begins along FM 1450 approximately 3.3 miles (5.3 km) east of SH 18. The road proceeds to the north following the eastern shore of Imperial Reservoir. The road curves to the northwest along the northern shore of the reservoir and continues on a path parallel to the nearby Pecos River. The road ends at SH 18 approximately 0.7 miles (1.1 km) south of the river.
RM 2593 was designated along its entire current alignment on November 24, 1959.