Farm to Market Road 3502 is located in Bexar County. It runs from FM 1516 northeast to FM 78.
FM 3502 was designated on December 30, 1988 from FM 78 northeast of Converse southwest to FM 1516 as a replacement of a spur of FM 1976. On June 30, 1995 the entire route was transferred to UR 3502.
Looking northward along FM 3504 from its southern terminus at SH 121 Business
FM 3504 began at an intersection with Business State Highway 121-H (Bus. SH 121-H), the former routing of SH 121 through Lewisville, just north of the Interstate 35E (I-35E) freeway. The short route traveled north along Mill Street (a four-lane undivided highway for all but a small stretch near the southern terminus), past a variety of older businesses and a school, before state maintenance ended just north of Main Street at an intersection with Church Street. Mill Street continued north under local jurisdiction toward Lewisville Lake.
FM 3504 was originally a spur route of FM 1171 designated in 1971; the mileage was transferred to the current route number in 1990. FM 1171 currently ends at I-35E, but historically continued along Main and Church Streets (a pair of one-way streets) through eastern Lewisville to SH 121 (now the business route). That section of FM 1171 was removed from the state highway system in 2003, leaving FM 3504 with a northern terminus that no longer connected to the state highway system.
In 1995, the designation of the route was internally changed to UR 3504; as with other urban roads, TxDOT continued to sign the route using the Farm Road marker. On July 10, 2012, the roadway was removed from the state highway system; however, FM 3504 is still signed.
Farm to Market Road 3506, or FM 3506, runs about 4.2 miles (6.8 km) from Coffee City, Texas west, then northwest, to an intersection at FM 315. This road replaced the local presence of 2 narrow county roads. The addition of the FM 3506 intersection along FM 315 changed the arrangement and flow of FM 315 in the immediate area. Where once FM 315 gracefully curved toward the Lake Palestine area's west side, construction of FM 3506 created a new "T"-shaped intersection where those on FM 315 north must turn left to continue north, while southbound FM 315 traffic must turn right to continue south.
FM 3506 has no local street names. Semi-rural for the most part, the landscape along the road includes tree-lined rolling hills to the west and mostly views of lakeside homes to the east. The west shore of Lake Palestine can be seen at times to the east of the road.
Even though the road was commissioned by Minute Order in 1989, it wasn't until 2004 that construction started on FM 3506. By October 2006, FM 3506 was finished and opened to traffic. The road serves the town of Coffee City as well as the west shore of Lake Palestine, all in the eastern part of Henderson County. FM 3506 has since served as an important connection between Chandler and Brownsboro to the north, and Coffee City, Berryville, and Frankston to the south.
Farm to Market Road 3507 was a designation applied to a highway in Brazoria County. There is no highway currently using the FM 3507 designation.
FM 3507 was designated on August 29, 1989 from SH 288 northwest of Angleton south and west 2.6 miles to FM 521. By district request, FM 3507 was cancelled on September 29, 1992 and transferred to FM 523.
Farm to Market Road 3511 was a designation proposed for a highway in Bee County. There is no highway currently using the FM 3511 designation.
FM 3511 was designated on August 29, 1989 from FM 1349 southwest of Beeville southeast 2.6 miles vis Central Avenue to FM 888. FM 3511 was cancelled on November 29, 1990 by request of Bee County officials.
Farm to Market Road 3518 was a designation applied to a highway in Brazos County. There is no highway currently using the FM 3518 designation.
FM 3518 was designated on December 14, 1989 from FM 60 in Bryan/College Station north to FM 1179. By district request, FM 3518 was cancelled on February 1, 1991 and transferred to FM 2154. However, the minute order designating was repealed, as neither the city of Bryan nor College Station accepted the provisions of the minute order designating FM 3518, meaning the extension of FM 2154 was cancelled.
Farm to Market Road 3527 (FM 3527) is located in Texarkana. The highway is known locally as Leopard Drive.
FM 3527 begins at an intersection with FM 989 just outside of the Texarkana city limits. The highway briefly travels in an east direction before turning north at Stipp Road. The highway enters into Texarkana just south of a junction with Loop 151. FM 3527 travels through a rural area of the city's southwest side before ending at an intersection with SH 93.
FM 3527 was designated on March 26, 1991 along the current route. The entire highway was internally re-designated as Urban Road 3527 by TxDOT on June 27, 1995.
Farm to Market Road 3537 (FM 3537) is a farm to market road in Collin County, Texas, that is entirely within the city of Frisco. It is a redesignated remnant of what used to be FM 720. FM 3537 is a suburban road that begins at SH 289 (Preston Road) in the center of Frisco. It travels eastward to its terminus at FM 2478 (Custer Road) on the border between Frisco and McKinney. The road is entirely contained within Frisco and is designated as "Main Street."
FM 3537 was originally part of FM 720, which was designated in Collin County in 1947. FM 720 replaced an old alignment of SH 24 between SH 289 and US 75, connecting Frisco and McKinney. In 1955, FM 720 was extended westward through downtown Frisco and into Denton County, to the new alignment of SH 24 (which would become US 380 in 1977), replacing FM 388 and portions of FM 423. FM 720 was truncated in 2001, when the portion from Frisco to US 75 was mostly removed from the state highway system. The segment of FM 720 in east Frisco between SH 289 and FM 2478 was retained on the system and redesignated as FM 3537.
Farm to Market Road 3539 was a proposed designation for the new road from SH 20 to the Mexico border. When FM 3539 was opened, FM 1109 would be cancelled. On May 27, 2010, FM 1109 was cancelled for real. FM 3380 was extended southwest over the road on February 23, 2012, as FM 3380's proposed routing was modified. TXDOT does not have a designation file for FM 3539.
Farm to Market Road 3540, or FM 3540, in eastern Texas, is a road designation that will run about 2.1 miles (3.4 km) from an intersection with SH 135 in Tecula, east to the vicinity of a future lake, Lake Columbia. There are no local street names along the path of the future road. Rural for all its length, the landscape along the road includes rolling hills of alternating open pastures and trees. The entire road has two lanes and no shoulders. All of FM 3540 will be in north-northeast Cherokee County.
The Minute Order for this future road was commissioned in 2005, the path of which will follow the southern end of the current FM 2064. It is unclear as to when FM 2064 was completed. The road will serve no towns other than a small community, Tecula, at its western terminus. The road will connect the rural area to SH 135, which leads southwest to Jacksonville) and northeast to Troup; there will be only intersections with local county roads from FM 3540 otherwise.
Plans have been in the works for many years for Lake Columbia to be built along Mud Creek, which FM 2064 crosses. In advance of construction, a new Minute Order was commissioned in 2005, to reduce the mileage of FM 2064 to 5.6 miles (9.0 km). This change will affect the road by splitting it in two, and its intersection at the current southern terminus at SH 135 in Tecula, will not connect to the shortened FM 2064 afterward. Therefore, the future installation of the separate FM 3540. Construction on the lake has not yet commenced, so signage and length of FM 2064 has not yet changed to reflect the 2005 Order for FM 3540.
Farm to Market Road 3541 (FM 3541) is a short farm to market road entirely within Culberson County in West Texas. The southern terminus of FM 3541 is at Rustler Springs Road in unincorporated Culberson County. The route travels north for approximately 6.2 miles before ending at RM 652.
The current FM 3541 was added to the state highway system as a part of FM 2185 in 1968. In 1991, the central portion of FM 2185 was returned to county maintenance, leaving a gap in FM 2185. At the request of the district, in 2006, this northern stretch of FM 2185 was renumbered FM 3541.
Farm to Market Road 4000 (FM 4000) is a 4.8 miles (7.7 km) highway that is located near Mount Pleasant.
FM 4000 begins at a junction with US 271 in southern Mount Pleasant. The highway runs in a northeast direction and turns east near Bus. US 271 (Jefferson Avenue). FM 4000 intersects Bus. US 271 near a retail center in the southern part of the city and passes by a subdivision before leaving the city. The highway travels in a mostly eastern direction and ends at an intersection with FM 1735. The section of FM 4000 between US 271 and Jefferson Avenue is locally known as Marvin Priefert Highway, while the section between Jefferson Avenue and the Mount Pleasant city limits is known as Jerry Boatner Parkway.
FM 4000 was designated on March 28, 2013 along the current route.