List of New Thought writers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part of a series of articles on|
This is a list of New Thought writers, who have written significant works related to New Thought.
This literature-related list is incomplete; you can help by .
- James Allen - Above Life's Turmoil, As A Man Thinketh, Byways to Blessedness.
- U.S. Andersen[verification needed] - Happiness is the Secret of Secrets, Three Magic Words
- William Walker Atkinson - Thought Vibration, or The Law of Attraction in the Thought World, The Mastery of Being, Your Mind and How to Use It, Personal Power Series (12 Volumes), and other 100 books.
- Heather McCloskey Beck - "Take the Leap" (2013) Conari Press
- Frederick Bailes - "Hidden Power for Human Problems" (1957), "Your Mind Can Heal You"
- Raymond Charles Barker - Treat Yourself to Life, Money is God in Action
- Michael Beckwith - Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
- Genevieve Behrend  - Attaining Your Heart's Desire (1929), Your Invisible Power (1921)
- Clara Beranger - Peace Begins At Home
- Kate Atkinson Boehme - The Attainment of Happiness, The Radiant Path to Achievement, Mental Healing Made Plain.
- Dorothea Brande - Wake Up and Live
- Claude Bristol - The Magic of Believing
- Nona Lovell Brooks - Short Lessons in Divine Science, Mysteries, Divine Science and the Truth
- Eric Butterworth "The Word Is Unity" Unity New York (1971), "Unity: A Quest For Truth" Robert Speller & Sons (1965), "Discover The Power Within You" Harper and Row (1968), "Unity Of All Life" DeVorss and Company (1969), "Life Is For Living" Unity New York (1974), "In The Flow Of Life" Harper & Row (1975), "How To Break The Ten Commandments" Harper and Row (1977), "Spiritual Economics" Unity School of Christianity (1983), "Celebrate Yourself" Unity School of Christianity (1984), "You Make The Difference" Harper And Row (1984), "The Concentric Perspective" Unity School of Christianity (1984), "The Universe Is Calling" HarperCollins (1993), "PosiTrends Or Negatrends" Devorss & Co. (1998), "The Creative Life" Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam (2001). "Eric Butterworth: His Life and Teaching, Neal Vahle author, Open View Press, San Francisco (2012)
- Rhonda Byrne - The Secret, The Power, The Magic, " The Hero".
- H. Emilie Cady - Lessons in Truth, Finding The Christ in Ourselves, How I Used the Truth, God A Present Help
- Robert Collier - The Life Magnet
- Sonia Choquette - The Answer is Simple
- Malinda Cramer - Divine Science & Healing.
- Terry Cole-Whittaker - Live Your Bliss, What You Think of Me is None of My Business
- Russell Conwell
- David Friedman (2012) - "The Thought Exchange"
- Alexzandra de la Iglesia (2011) - "Choosing Your Destiny"
- Mike Dooley - Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams, Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life’s Magic, Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier, The Top 10 Things Dead People Want to Tell You
- Horatio Dresser - The Quimby Manuscripts, The Power of Silence, Spiritual Health and Healing
- Henry Drummond - The Greatest Thing in the World
- Tamara Lee Dorris - "The Law of Distraction & Art of Intending"
- Richard Dotts - Allowing Divine Intervention, Dollars flow to me, It is done
- Dr Wayne Dyer  - Power of Intention, You'll See It When You Believe It
- Warren Felt Evans - The Mental-Cure, Illustrating the Influence of the Mind on the Body, The Divine Law of Cure
- Frank Eckert - "The Winner's Circle"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson "Essays: First and Second Seeries.￼
- Charles Fillmore - Metaphysical Bible Dictionary, The Twelve Powers of Man
- Myrtle Fillmore - Healing Letters
- Emmet Fox - The Sermon on the Mount: The Key to Success in Life, The Golden Key (pamphlet)
- James Dillet Freeman - Be!, The Story of Unity
- Shakti Gawain - Creative Visualization
- Walter M. Germain - The Magic Power of Your Mind (1956)
- Neville Goddard - Feeling Is The Secret, Your Faith is Your Fortune, The Neville Reader, The Law & the Promise, At Your Command, Awakened Imagination, Prayer: The Art of Believing, Resurrection, Awakened Imagination/The Search, Seedtime & Harvest, Out of This World: Thinking Fourth-Dimensionally
- Thaddeus Golas - The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment (1971)
- Joel S. Goldsmith - The Infinite Way, The Art of Spiritual Healing, Thunder of Silence, Practicing the Presence
- Dr. Kenneth D Gordon  - Mind and Manifestation
- Stuart Grayson - Spiritual Healing: A Simple Guide for the Healing of Body, Mind, and Spirit.
- Joseph Perry Green
- Charles F. Haanel - The Master Key System
- Frank Channing Haddock - Power of Will: A Practical Companion Book for the Unfoldment of the Powers of Mind
- Henry Thomas Hamblin - Dynamic Thought: Harmony, Health, Success, Achievement; Within You is the Power; Science of Thought; The Message of a Flower; The Open Door
- Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks - Laws of Attraction, Ask and it is given: Learning to manifest your desires., The Vortex, The Astonishing Power of Emotions (2007)
- Louise Hay - You Can Heal Your Life (1984)
- Napoleon Hill - Think and Grow Rich (1937)
- Ernest Holmes - The Science of Mind
- Fenwicke Holmes - The Science of Faith, The Law of Mind in Action, Ernest Holmes: His Life and Times
- Emma Curtis Hopkins - High Mysticism, Scientific Christian Mental Practice
- William Hornaday
- Jean Houston
- Walter C. Lanyon - It Is Wonderful, Ask
- Christian D. Larson - Your Forces and How To Use Them, The Ideal Made Real or Metaphysics for Beginners
- Morris Lichtenstein - Jewish Science and Health
- Max Freedom Long - Self-Suggestion and the New Huna Theory of Mesmerism and Hypnosis.
- Mildred Mann - Become What You Believe
- Orison Swett Marden - Peace, Power, and Plenty, Every Man A King, or, Might in Mind-Mastery
- Art Maxin- Love Your Neighbor
- May McCarthy - The Path to Wealth, Seven Spiritual Steps for Financial Abundance
- Jed McKenna - Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing, Spiritually Incorrect Enlightenment, Spiritual Warfare, Theory of Everything, Play, Dreamstate: A Conspiracy Theory
- Kevin L. Michel - Moving Through Parallel Worlds To Achieve Your Dreams
- Annie Rix Militz - Concentration
- Kenneth G. Mills - The Key: Identity; Change Your Standpoint, Change Your World
- Edward Morrissey
- Mary Manin Morrissey
- Alfred G. Moses - Jewish Science: Divine Healing in Judaism (Main text)
- A. K. Mozumdar
- Prentice Mulford - Thoughts Are Things
- Joseph Murphy - The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind, 1963
- Michael Murphy - Powerful Attitudes
- Caroline Myss
- Alfred G. Moses
- Joel Osteen - The Power of I Am
- Charles Brodie Patterson - New Thought: A 21st Century Awakening
- Norman Vincent Peale - The Power of Positive Thinking (1952)
- Catherine Ponder
- Della Reese
- Rachel Naomi Remen - Kitchen Table Wisdom
- Jane Roberts -Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul
- Frank B. Robinson
- J. Herman Randall - A New Philosophy of Life
- Steven Redhead - Creating Your Reality
- John Selby
- Tosha Silver - Outrageous Openness - Letting the Divine take the lead, Change me Prayers
- Florence Scovel Shinn - The Game of Life and How to Play it
- Alethea Brooks Small
- Samuel Smiles
- Masaharu Taniguchi - The Science of Faith
- Elizabeth Towne - Experiences in Self-Healing
- Thomas Troward - The Creative Process In The Individual, The Edinburgh & Dore Lectures on Mental Science (1917), The Hidden Power
- Three Initiates - The Kybalion
- Ralph Waldo Trine - In Tune With the Infinite (1897), The Greatest Thing Ever Known
- Neale Donald Walsch - Conversations with God
- Wallace Wattles - The Science of Getting Rich
- Lilian Whiting - The Outlook Beautiful
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox - The Heart of the New Thought, New Thought Common Sense
- Stuart Wilde - Grace, Gaia, and the End of Days: An Alternative Way for the Advanced Soul
- Henry Wood - The New Thought Simplified: How to Gain Harmony and Health
- Marianne Williamson
- Tom Zender - God Goes to Work
- Gary Zukav - The Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics, The Seat of the Soul
This article lacks ISBNs for the books listed in it. (June 2011)
- Brown, H.H. (1903) New thought primer, origin, history and principles of the movement: S lesson in soul culture. Now Folk. p 51.
- (1978) American book publishing record cumulative, 1950-1977: An American national bibliography, Volumes 9-15. R.R. Bowker Company. p 80.
- Butler-Bowden, T. (2008) 50 Prosperity Classics: Attract It, Create It, Manage It, Share It: Wisdom from the Best Books on Wealth Creation and Abundance. Brealey Publishing. p 302.
- Hill, N., Murphy, J., and Wattles, W.D. (2010) How to Be Rich: Compact Wisdom from the World's Greatest Wealth-builders. Penguin. p 194.
- Holmes, E. (1941) Mind remakes your world. Chicago: Dodd, Mead and Company. p 17. Note: Barker was an ordained Religious Science minister.
- House, J.M. (2008) Peak Vitality: Raising the Threshold of Abundance in Our Material, Spiritual and Emotional Lives. Elite Books. p 471.
- Published exclusively by Unity Church, which in turn exclusively publishes only New Thought works.
- Boehme, K.A. (1902) Mental healing made plain. National Publishing Company. p 76.
- Gallagher, E.V. and Ashcraft, W.M. (2006) Introduction to new and alternative religions. Greewood Press. p 214.
- Lofton, K. (2011) Oprah: The Gospel of an Icon. University of California Press. p 43.
- Talbot, E.A. (1921) Lessons in meditation. E.P. Dutton & Company. p. 101.
- Byrne, R. (2010) The Power. Simon & Schuster. p 72.
- Mirage (2008) "The Answer is Simple". Hay House Publishing.
- Cramer, M.E. (1905) Divine science and healing. Home College of Divine Science. p 242.
- O'Shea, D. (March 2005) "When the spirit moves us", San Diego magazine. Vol. 57, No. 5. p 118. ISSN 0036-4045.
- Ellwood, R.S. (1997) The fifties spiritual marketplace: American religion in a decade of conflict. Rutgers University Press, p 225.
- Satter, B. (2001) Each Mind a Kingdom: American Women, Sexual Purity, and the New Thought Movement, 1875-1920. University of California Press. p 198.
- Larson, M.A. (1985) New Thought, or, A modern religious approach: The philosophy of health, happiness, and prosperity. Philosophical Library. p 224.
- "The Power of Intention".
- Mosley, G. (2006) New Thought, Ancient Wisdom: The History and Future of the New Thought Movement. Templeton Foundation Press. p. 132. ISBN 978-1-59947-089-4.
- Mosley, G. (2006) New Thought, Ancient Wisdom: The History and Future of the New Thought Movement. Templeton Foundation Press. p. 134. ISBN 978-1-59947-089-4.
- Mosley, G. (2006) New Thought, Ancient Wisdom: The History and Future of the New Thought Movement. Templeton Foundation Press. p. 136. ISBN 978-1-59947-089-4.
- Griffith, R.M. (2004) Born again bodies: Flesh and spirit in American Christianity. University of California Press. p. 268.
- Goddard, N. and Vitale, J. (2005) At Your Command. Morgan James Publishing. p. 11.
- York, M. (1995) The emerging network: A sociology of the New Age and neo-pagan movements. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 54.
- Goldsmith, J.S. (1994) The Invisible Supply: Finding the Gifts of the Spirit Within. HarperCollins. p 69.
- Ellwood, R.S. and Alles, G.D. (2007) The encyclopedia of world religions. Infobase Publishing, 2007. p. 323.
- (2010) Mind and Manifestation CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 1-450-55654-X. p 124.
- (1997) Spiritual Healing: A Simple Guide for the Healing of Body, Mind, and Spirit. Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0-684-82365-9. p 256.
- Lofton, K. (2011) Oprah: The gospel of an icon. University of California Press. p 42.
- Rodgers, D.T. (1979) The work ethic in industrial America, 1850-1920. University of Chicago Press. p 110.
- Jones, D. and Woodbridge, R. (2011) Health, Wealth & Happiness: Has the Prosperity Gospel Overshadowed the Gospel of Christ? Kregel Publications. p 43.
- Hicks, Esther; Hicks, Jerry (2004). Ask and it is given: learning to manifest your desires. Hay House.
- Satter, B. (2001) Each Mind a Kingdom: American Women, Sexual Purity, and the New Thought Movement, 1875-1920. University of California Press. p 252.
- Mosley, G. (2006) New Thought, Ancient Wisdom: The History and Future of the New Thought Movement. Templeton Foundation Press. p. 137. ISBN 978-1-59947-089-4.
- Braden, C.S. (1963) Spirits in rebellion: The rise and development of new thought. Southern Methodist University Press. p 493.
- Harley, G.M. (2002) Emma Curtis Hopkins: Forgotten founder of New Thought. Syracuse University Press. - Note: The whole book is about her being a founder of the New Thought movement.
- Garraty, J.A. and Carnes, M.C. for the American Council of Learned Societies. (1999) American National Biography: Hofstadter-Jepson. Oxford University Press. p 81.
- Rosemary Skinner Keller, Rosemary Radford Ruether, Marie Cantlon (2006) Encyclopedia of women and religion in North America, Volume 2. Indiana University Press. p 758.
- James, G.W. (1916) Quit Your Worrying!. Public Domain.
- Katie, B. Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life, with Stephen Mitchell, Harmony Books, 2002. I Need Your Love—Is That True? How to Stop Seeking Love, Appreciation, and Approval and Start Finding Them Instead, with Michael Katz, Harmony Books, 2005. A Thousand Names for Joy: Living in Harmony with the Way Things Are, with Stephen Mitchell, Harmony Books, 2007. Question Your Thinking, Change the World: Quotations from Byron Katie, edited by Stephen Mitchell, Hay House, 2007. Who Would You Be Without Your Story?: Dialogues with Byron Katie, edited by Carol Williams, Hay House, 2008. Tiger-Tiger, Is It True?, illustrated by Hans Wilhelm, Hay House, 2009. Peace in the Present Moment, with Eckhart Tolle, Hampton Roads Pub Co Inc 2010, Newburyport, MA 2010. The Four Questions: For Henny Penny and Anybody with Stressful Thoughts, by Byron Katie, Illustrated by Hans Wilhelm, TarcherPerigee 2016. A Mind at Home with Itself: How Asking Four Questions Can Free Your Mind, Open Your Heart, and Turn Your World Around, by Byron Katie with Stephen Mitchell, HarperOne 2017.
- Kendrick, Jason (2009) It's Not Your Life, IT'S YOU. A Layman's Guide to the Power of Perspective Copyright: It's You Publishing 2009. Printed by: Lightning Surce Inc. www.JasonKendrickBooks.com
- Mosley, G. (2006) New Thought, Ancient Wisdom: The History and Future of the New Thought Movement. Templeton Foundation Press, 2006. p 136.
- Gardner, M. (1957) Fads and fallacies in the name of science. Courier Dover Publications, 1957. p 196.
- Long, M.F. (2006) Self-Suggestion and the New Huna Theory of Mesmerism and Hypnosis. Kessinger Publishing. p 86.
- Starker, S. (2002) Oracle at the supermarket: The American preoccupation with self-help books. Transaction Publishers. p 22.
- (2010) Creating Your Reality: A book about life and the indispensable ways to improve it. Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781453555514. p 256.
- Braden, C.S. (1963) Spirits in rebellion: the rise and development of new thought. Southern Methodist University Press. p 493.
- Vanzant, I. (2008) Tapping the Power Within: A Path to Self-Empowerment for Women. Hay House, Inc. p 283.
- Lynch, G. (2007) The new spirituality: An introduction to progressive belief in the twenty-first century. I.B.Tauris. 69.
- (2007) The Prosperity Bible. Penguin. p. 1272.
- Tumber, C. (2002) American feminism and the birth of new age spirituality: Searching for the higher self, 1875-1915. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 110.
- Gardner, M. (2010) When You Were a Tadpole and I Was a Fish: And Other Speculations About This and That. Macmillan. p. 49.
- Brown, H.H. (1903) New thought primer, origin, history and principles of the movement: A lesson in soul culture. Now Folk, 1903. p 51.
- Goldwag, A. (2007) Isms and Ologies: All the Movements, Ideologies and Doctrines That Have Shaped Our World. Random House Digital, Inc.. p 303.
- Williamson, M. (1996) A return to love: Reflections on the principles of a Course in miracles. HarperCollins. p 309.
- Goldberg, P. (2010) American Veda: From Emerson and the Beatles to Yoga and Meditation How Indian Spirituality Changed the West. Random House Digital, Inc.
- Tom Zender and James Cummins (2010). God Goes to Work: New Thought Paths to Prosperity and Profits. John Wiley & Sons.