List of aircraft of the Army Air Corps (United Kingdom)
(Redirected from List of aircraft of the AAC)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of aircraft of the Army Air Corps of the United Kingdom.
From its founding in 1942:
- Airspeed Horsa
- Auster AOP.6
- General Aircraft Hamilcar
- General Aircraft Hotspur
- Taylorcraft Auster
- Waco Hadrian
- Waco YKC and ZGC-7 - Two civil aircraft purchased by the British Army in Egypt and used by the Long Range Desert Group.
- Agusta A109 - Retired
- AgustaWestland AW159 Wildcat
- Bell 212
- Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin
- Eurocopter Squirrel - Retired
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter - Retired
- Sud Aviation Alouette II - Retired
- Westland Apache
- Westland Gazelle
- Westland Lynx - Retired
- Westland Scout - Retired
- Westland Sioux - Retired
- Auster AOP.9 - Retired
- Britten-Norman Islander/Defender
- de Havilland Canada Beaver - Retired
- de Havilland Canada Chipmunk - Retired
- Grob Tutor light fixed wing trainer (at 674 Squadron, DEFTS and Army flying Grading)
- Slingsby Firefly T-67M260 (at 674 Squadron, DEFTS) - Retired, withdrawn December 2010.
- Slingsby Firefly 160 (at Army Flying Grading) - Retired, withdrawn December 2010.
Weapons and munitions
- SS.11 - Obsolete air-to-surface, wire-guided anti-tank missile.
- AGM-114 Hellfire - Air-to-surface, laser-guided anti-tank missile.
- BGM-71 TOW - Air-to-surface, anti-tank guided missile.
Notes and references
- licence built Bell design by both Westland and Agusta