List of airports in Albania
A number of regional airports have been renovated but cannot become functional for civil flights because of the 20 year monopoly held by Tirana International Airport's shareholder company over Albanian airspace that started in 2005. Following intensive negotiations to revise the contract terms to open airports for both domestic and external flights earlier, the Albanian government managed to reduce the concession period by 5 years, until 2020. After reaching the agreement with the Albanian Government to end its monopoly on international flights from Albania, Hochtief AirPort sold the operation of TIA to China Everbright Limited,
Airports, airfields and aerodromes
Airport names shown in bold indicate the airport has scheduled service on commercial airlines.
|Rinas||LATI||TIA||Tirana International Airport|
|Novoselë||LAVL||Vlorë International Airport (Approved for construction)|
- Transport in Albania
- Albanian Air Force
- List of airports by ICAO code: L#LA – Albania
- Wikipedia: WikiProject Aviation/Airline destination lists: Europe#Albania
- "Shqiptarja.com - Aeroporti i Rinasit kalon 100% tek kompania kineze". Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 17 September 2010.
- "IATA Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association.
- "UN Location Codes: Albania". UN/LOCODE 2012-1. UNECE. 14 September 2012. – includes IATA codes
- "Airports in Albania". Great Circle Mapper. – IATA codes, ICAO codes and coordinates
- "Airports in Albania". World Aero Data. – ICAO codes and coordinates
- "Korça Airport, a € 25 million project". Oculus News.