List of airports in West Bengal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This list contains the following information:
- City served - The city generally associated with the airport. This is not always the actual location since some airports are located in smaller towns outside the city they serve.
- ICAO - The location indicator assigned by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- IATA - The airport code assigned by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Airport name - The official airport name. Those shown in bold indicate the airport has scheduled service on commercial airlines.
- Note - Specific information related to the airport
|City served||IATA||Airport name||Note|
|Kolkata (Calcutta)||CCU||Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport||International and Domestic Commercial|
|Siliguri||IXB||Bagdogra Airport||International and Domestic Commercial, also known as Bagdogra Air Force station|
|Balurghat||RGH||Balurghat Airport||Non Operational Airport|
|Cooch Behar||COH||Cooch Behar Airport||Chartered flights only|
|Kolkata||—||Behala Airport||Flying Club|
|Malda||LDA||Malda Airport||under construction|
|Durgapur||RDP||Kazi Nazrul Islam Airport||India's first Aerotropolis and first privately managed airport.|
|Asansol||—||Burnpur Airport||IISCO's private airstrip|
|Durgapur||Durgapur Steel Plant Airport/SAIL Airstrip||DSP's initiative to make a private airport for its officers but project failed due to lack of funds|
|Barrackpore||—||Barrackpore Air Force Station||Indian Air Force|
|Hasimara / Jalpaiguri||Hasimara Air Force Station||Indian Air Force|
|Kalaikunda||—||Kalaikunda Air Force Station||Indian Air Force|
|Panagarh||—||Panagarh Air Force Station||Indian Air Force located in Durgapur Urban Agglomeration|
|Salua||—||Air Force Station Salua||Indian Air Force|
|Asansol||—||Asansol Airfield||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Hijli||—||Hijli Airfield||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Chakulia||—||Chakulia Airfield||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Piardoba||Piardoba Airfield||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Dhubulia||—||Dhubulia Airstrip||No. 99 Squadron RAF during World War II|
|Garhbeta||—||Digri Airfield||World War II RAF 159 Squadron|
|Guskara||—||Guskhara Airfield||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Jhargram||—||Dudhkundi Airfield||World War II USAAF 444th Bombardment Group|
|Kalyani, West Bengal||—||Kalyani air field||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Pandaveswar||—||Pandaveswar Airfield||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Purulia||—||Charra Airfield||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Salboni||—||Salboni Airfield||World War II USAAF Airstrip|
|Tarakeswar||—||Non-directional beacon TK 390 kHz|
- List of airports by ICAO code: V#VA VE VI VO - India
- List of airports in India
- List of airports in the Kolkata metropolitan area
- List of Indian Air Force bases
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Aviation/Airline destination lists: Asia#India
- "Licensed Aerodromes in India" (PDF). Directorate General of Civil Aviation of India. 2008-11-10.
- Airports Authority of India website: AirportsIndia.org.in or AAI.aero
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 2006-01-12.
- "UN Location Codes: India". UN/LOCODE 2009-1. UNECE. 2009-09-23. - includes IATA codes
- Great Circle Mapper - IATA and ICAO codes
- List of Indian Air Force Stations at GlobalSecurity.org
- -AAI NOTAM summary January 2013
-  - Old airfields of Midnapore