List of child bridegrooms
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains a list of child bridegrooms or child husbands wherein notable or historically significant examples have been singled out.
- Tutankhamun, an Egyptian pharaoh got married before the age of nine years to his step sister Ankhesnamun.
- Sanele Masilela, a nine year old South African boy married 62-year-old Helen Shabangu.
- Jose Griggs, at the age of seven, married nine-year-old Jayla Cooper
- Zaki, Mey (2008). Legacy of Tutankhamun: Art and History. p. 19.
- "Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time". The Independent.
- ABC News. "Dying Wishes: Weddings to Helping Homeless". ABC News.