List of current heads of government in the United Kingdom and dependencies
In the United Kingdom, various titles are used for the head of government of each of the countries of the United Kingdom, Crown dependencies, and Overseas Territories. Following elections to the assembly or parliament, the party (or coalition) with a majority of seats is invited to form a government. The Monarch (in the United Kingdom) or governor / lieutenant governor (in the Overseas Territories and Crown dependencies) appoints the head of government, whose council of ministers are collectively responsible to the assembly.
The head of the British government is referred to as the Prime Minister, the leader of one of the constituent countries is referred to as a first minister, and the terms Chief Minister, Premier, and Chief Executive are used in the Overseas Territories. In the Crown dependencies, the term Chief Minister is used in all apart from Guernsey, where the leader is referred to as the President of the Policy and Resources Committee.
Government of the United Kingdom
- Note: As England does not have a devolved government, all English affairs are governed by the UK government.
|Prime Minister||Portrait||Took office||Party||Ref|
|Theresa May||13 July 2016||Conservative|||
|Northern Ireland||The posts of First Minister and deputy First Minister are currently vacant.|||
|Scotland||First Minister||Nicola Sturgeon||20 November 2014||Scottish National Party|||
|Wales||First Minister||Mark Drakeford||12 December 2018||Welsh Labour|||
|Crown dependency||Position||Name||Portrait||Took office||Party||Ref|
|Jersey||Chief Minister||John Le Fondre||7 June 2018||Independent|||
|Guernsey||PRC President||Gavin St Pier||4 May 2016||Independent|||
|Isle of Man||Chief Minister||Howard Quayle||4 October 2016||Independent|||
|Overseas Territory||Position||Name||Portrait||Took office||Party||Ref|
|Anguilla||Chief Minister||Victor Banks||23 April 2015||Anguilla United Front|||
|Bermuda||Premier||Edward David Burt||19 July 2017||Progressive Labour Party|||
|British Virgin Islands||Premier||Andrew Fahie||26 February 2019||Virgin Islands Party|||
|Cayman Islands||Premier||Alden McLaughlin||29 May 2013||People's Progressive Movement|||
|Falkland Islands||Chief Executive||Barry Rowland||3 October 2016||Independent|||
|Gibraltar||Chief Minister||Fabian Picardo||9 December 2011||Gibraltar Socialist Labour Party|||
|Montserrat||Premier||Donaldson Romeo||12 September 2014||People's Democratic Movement|||
|Pitcairn Islands||Mayor||Shawn Christian||1 January 2014||Independent|||
|Turks and Caicos Islands||Premier||Sharlene Cartwright-Robinson||20 December 2016||People's Democratic Movement|||
- List of rulers of the United Kingdom and predecessor states
- List of viceregal representatives of Queen Elizabeth II
- "Theresa May vows to be 'one nation' prime minister". BBC News. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- This column names only the leader's party. The executive they are heading may be a coalition of parties and independents; those are not listed here.
- The First Minister and deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland is a diarchy.
- "Martin McGuinness resigns as NI deputy first minister". BBC News. 10 January 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Nicola Sturgeon in 'open' offer to rivals". BBC News. 20 November 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Carwyn Jones sworn in as new Welsh first minister". BBC News. 10 December 2009. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Senator John Le Fondre named as Jersey's new Chief Minister". ITV News. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Gavin St Pier elected as Guernsey States' President". BBC News. 4 May 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Howard Quayle elected as Isle of Man chief minister". BBC News. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Anguilla profile". BBC News. 23 May 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Bermuda profile". BBC News. 24 July 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "British Virgin Islands profile". BBC News. 23 May 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Election results, VIP wins! Walwyn not elected". BVI News. 25 February 2019.
- "Falkland Islands profile". BBC News. 3 January 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Gibraltar profile – Leaders". BBC News. 17 February 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Montserrat profile". BBC News. 23 May 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Approved Council Minutes" (PDF). Pitcairn Island Council. 18 March 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Turks and Caicos profile". BBC News. 6 January 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.