List of current presidents of assembly
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs to be updated.August 2018)(
States recognised by the United Nations
States recognised by at least one United Nations member
|Abkhazia||People's Assembly||Speaker||Valeri Bganba||3 April 2012|
|Cook Islands||Parliament||Speaker||Niki Rattle||22 May 2012|
|Kosovo||Assembly||Chairman||Kadri Veseli||8 December 2014|
|Niue||Assembly||Speaker||Togiavalu Pihigia||12 April 2014|
|Northern Cyprus||Assembly of the Republic||Speaker||Teberrüken Ulucay||9 February 2018|
|South Ossetia||Parliament||Speaker||Pyotr Gassiev||7 June 2017|
|Taiwan||Legislative Yuan||President||Chia-chyuan Su||1 February 2016|
|Western Sahara||National Council||President||Khatri Addouh||2 July 2010|
States not recognised by any United Nations members
|Artsakh||National Assembly||President||Ashot Ghulian||1 July 2005|
|House of Elders||Speaker||Suleiman Mahmud Adam||24 August 2004|
|House of Representatives||Speaker||Abdirahman Mohamed Abdullahi||29 September 2005|
|Transnistria||Supreme Council||Speaker||Alexander Sherba||23 December 2015|
Sui generis entities
|European Union||Council of Ministers||President||Boyko Borisov||1 January 2018|
|Parliament||President||Antonio Tajani||17 January 2017|
|Sovereign Military Order of Malta||Council Complete of State||Grand Commander||Ludwig von Rumerstein||31 May 2014|
|Chapter General||Grand Master||Matthew Festing||11 March 2008|
There are several international parliaments, some that are directly elected and some that are appointed from among member states respective legislatures in the form of an inter-parliamentary institution.
- List of current dependent territory leaders
- List of current defence ministers
- List of current finance ministers
- List of current foreign ministers
- List of current heads of state and government
- List of current interior ministers
- List of current longest ruling non-royal national leaders
- List of current Permanent Representatives to the United Nations
- List of current presidents
- List of current state leaders by date of assumption of office
- List of current vice presidents
- List of heads of state by diplomatic precedence
- List of spouses of heads of state
- List of state leaders by year
- Lists of office-holders
- Lists of state leaders by year
- The Vice President is the ex officio presiding officer.
- The Austrian President of the Federal Council rotates every six months.
- The Colombian President of the Congress and Senate rotates annually.
- The Colombian President of the Chamber of Representatives rotates annually.
- The Costa Rican Speaker of the Legislative Assembly rotates annually.
- The German President of the Bundesrat rotates annually.
- The North Korean President of the Presidium is the ex officio presiding officer.
- The Panamanian President of the National Assembly rotates annually.
- The Sammarinese Captains Regent rotate every eight months.
- The Swiss President of the Council of States rotates annually.
- The Swiss President of the National Council rotates annually.
- The Uruguayan President of the Chamber of Representatives rotates annually.
- The European President of the Council of Ministers rotates every six months.
- The ACP Assembly President rotates biannually.
- The Baltic Assembly President rotates annually.
- The CEMAC Parliament President rotates annually
- The French Foreign Minister is the ex officio presiding officer.
- The Nordic Assembly President rotates annually.
- The UNGA President rotates annually.