List of motorized trikes
List of motorized trikes is a list of motorized tricycles also called trikes, and are sometimes considered cars. Three main configurations are motorized bicycle with side-car, two wheels in rear one in front, and two in front one in the rear (aka reverse trike). However, language and definitions vary.
One of the most successful trikes of its day was the De Dion-Bouton tricycle; from 1897 until the start of the 20th century about 15,000 copies were sold and was overall the most popular motor vehicle in Europe. Trikes have caused tautological confusion and simply defied typical two and four-wheel classifications, especially in the 21st century. Regardless, many popular motorcycles and/or automobiles had three wheels.
- Cugnot's "Fardier à vapeur" (Steam powered)
- Ariel 2.25 hp tricycle (1898)
- Benz Patent-Motorwagen (Internal combustion engine) (1886–1893)
- Buckeye gasoline buggy (1891)
- De Dion-Bouton tricycle (1897–1905)
- Léon Bollée Voiturette (1895)
- Long steam tricycle (c. 1880)
- Michaux-Perreaux steam velocipede (1884 Tricycle version)
- Motrice Pia (1894)
- Orient tricycle (1899–1901)
- BSA Ariel 3 (1970–1973)
- BMW R75 (1941–1945) (w. sidecar)
- Brough Superior Austin Four
- Campagna T-Rex (1996–2018)
- CityEl (1987–)
- Coventry-Victor 3-wheeler
- David trike cars (1913–1923)
- De Dion-Bouton tricycle (1897–1905)
- Electricar (1920–1921)
- Fend Flitzer (c. 1948)
- GG Duetto (1994–1999)
- Grinnall Scorpion III (c. 1991)
- Harley-Davidson Servi-Car (1932 to 1973)
- Heinkel Kabine
- HM Vehicles Free-way (1979 to 1982)
- Honda Gyro
- Indian Dispatch-Tow(1930s)
- Indian Tri-Car (circa 1907)(Hendee Manufacturing Co.)
- JZR Trike models
- Krauser Domani
- Lambretta Lambro (1949-1972)[better source needed]
- Lurquin-Coudert (1906–1914)
- Mercedes-Benz F300 Lifejet
- Messerschmitt KR175 (1953–1955) (Messerschmitt Kabinenroller)
- Messerschmitt KR200
- Minneapolis Tri-Car
- Misc Custom Chopper trikes
- Misc. Moto Guzzi Triporteurs
- Morgan 3-Wheeler (pre-war productions)
- Moto Guzzi Trialce
- Corbin Sparrow
- Norton Big 4 (mc w/ sc)
- Peel P50 (minicar) (1962–65)
- Piaggio Ape (1947– )
- Reliant Robin (1973–2002)
- Reliant TW9 (1967–1987)
- Scott Sociable
- Sinclair C5 (1985)
- Spirit of America Formula Shell LSRV. (jet engine)
- Tatra 49 (1929–1930)
- Triking (1970s-)
- Twike (TWIKE 1986+)
- Velorex (1950s–1971)
- Utopian (1914)
- Westcoaster Mailster
- Ape Callissino 200 (new production)
- Aptera 2 Series
- Bombardier Can-Am Spyder (2007–)
- Brudeli Leanster 625L
- Campagna T-Rex (1996–)
- Campagna V13R
- CityEl (1987–)
- Elio E-Series
- Elio P models (prototypes)
- eTuk USA (2015–)
- GG Taurus
- Hannigan BMW 1600 Trike
- Hannigan Harley-Davidson V-Rod Trike
- Harley-Davidson Street Glide Trike (2010–)
- Harley-Davidson Freewheeler (2015–)
- Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra Classic
- Honda Gyro (tilting)
- JZR Trike models
- Kymco CV3 (2018–)
- Morgan 3-Wheeler (new production 2010s)
- Myers Motors NmG
- Peel P50 (2010– )
- Peugeot Metropolis 400i
- Piaggio Ape (1947– ), MP3 (2006–)
- Polaris Slingshot
- Quadro 350S three-wheel scooter
- Rewaco RF-1 Trike
- Roadsmith Trikes
- Scorpion P6
- Stimson Sting (2002–2007)
- Tanom Invader TC-3
- Terracraft Supertrike
- Tilting Motor Works Tilting V-Max Trike
- Tokai Challenger
- Toyota i-Road (2013)
- Traverston Striker
- Tri Pod GII by Mynrva (2012-) Bandit 1250, ZX14R based
- Trirod F3
- Twisted Trike
- Uno III
- Vanderhall Laguna trike
- Veemo by VeloMetro Mobility – Fully enclosed, pedal-electric trike, regulated as an electric bicycle in North America.
- Volkswagen GX3 (concept trike)
- Yamaha Niken – trike version of Yamaha MT-09 for European markets
- Yamaha RX1 snowmobile custom conversion to street trike
- Yamaha Tricity
- ZAP Xebra (2006–2009)
Another idea is the flike, a sort of flying motorcycle/helicopter.
There is another arrangement of three-wheel, with the wheels in a line; this is so far pretty rare.
Motorcycles with two sidecars
Motorcycles with sidecars often have three wheels, but there has been some use of two sidecars (one on each side of a motorcycle, not a sidecar that seats two which is another thing). In one case the use of flexible type sidecars allow the center-line motor bicycle wheels to stay on the ground, and providing adequate handling
BMW R1200C aftermarket conversion to a trike
- Motorized tricycle
- Steam tricycle
- Three-wheeler (three wheel vehicles including animal, human, or motors)
- Tilting three-wheeler (related to the suspension of the vehicle)
- All-terrain vehicle (ATVs) (variety of wheel number and configurations)
- Off road go-kart and Dune buggys (typically 4 wheels plus roll cage)
- Chopper (motorcycle)
Motor bicycle related:
- Velomobile (human-powered car)
- Auto rickshaw (general term that includes many kinds of trike/three-wheelers etc.)
- Types of motorcycles
- Motorcycle motor powered car
- Enzyklopädie des Motorrads [Encyclopedia of Motorcycles], Instituto Geografico De Agostini, 1996, p. 132, ISBN 3-86047-142-2
- L.J.K. Setright (1982), The Guinness Book of Motorcycling. Facts and Feats., p. 23, ISBN 0-85112-255-8
- "Three Wheels Versus Two". Motorcyclist.
- Steve Greene (2011). Free on Three: The Wild World of Human Powered Recumbent Tadpole Tricycles. iUniverse. p. 21. ISBN 1462021603.
- "Medical Innovations - Wheelchair". Science Reporter. 44: 397. 2007.
- Chadwick, Ian (ed.). "A". British Motorcycle Manufacturers. Archived from the original on 3 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
Founded by James Starley and William Hillman in 1870 to make bicycles and the first patented tensioned wire-spoke wheel...
- Williams, Greg. "1936 Indian Dispatch-Tow - Classic American Motorcycles". Motorcycle Classics.
- "1907 Indian Tri-Car With Sedan Chair | S67 | EJ Cole Collection 2015". Mecum Auctions.
- "theLambro.com". Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Mercedes Benz". www.3wheelers.com.
- "A Minneapolis Tri-Car in Alaska".
- Motors, Elio. "Elio Motors Completes First E-Series Test Vehicle; Company Takes Critical Step Toward Commercial Production". www.prnewswire.com.
- p 
- "GG Taurus BMW Powered Reverse Trike is Coming to the USA". thekneeslider.com.
- Staff, Rider Magazine. "2014 Trike Buyers Guide | Rider Magazine".
- Can modern incarnation of C5 succeed? February 15, 2017
- "Kymco unveil three wheel concept". MotorcycleNews.
- "Peugeot Metropolis 400i review". December 1, 2013 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Topspeed – 2014 Piaggio MP3 Yourban LT 300IE Review
- Carter, Tony (January 20, 2015). "2015 Quadro 350S three-wheel scooter review". MoreBikes.
- Williams, Don (December 30, 2013). "Rewaco RF-1 LT-3 Trike Review | Precious Metals". Ultimate Motorcycling.
- "Roadsmith 2012 Gold Wing Trike Review, HT1800". trikes.bikernet.com.
- Scorpion Motorsports P6
- Carney, Dan. "Tanom Invader is a Hayabusa-powered hooligan". www.bbc.com.
- "With its unique tilt/steering system sorted, Terracraft's Supertrike hits the market". newatlas.com.
- "Tilting V-Max Trike by Tilting Motor Works". thekneeslider.com.
- "Polaris Slingshot vs. Scorpion P6, Campagna T-Rex, Campagna V13R, Morgan 3 Wheeler".
- "Honda Powered Twisted Trike". thekneeslider.com.
- "Gyro Technology". Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Vanderhall Laguna Three Wheel Roadster Built in Utah". thekneeslider.com.
- News, James Glave in; February 23rd 2016, Energy | (February 23, 2016). "Part bike, part car: Velometro to take cities by storm". National Observer.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "2005 Yamaha RX1 Snowmobile Street Conversion". uncommonmotors.com.
- "First manned flight for Flike personal tricopter". newatlas.com.
- "Inline-wheeled Thrustcycle SRT performs a clever balancing act". newatlas.com.
- "Motorcycling and Bicycling". Trade Press Publishing Corporation. July 7, 1919 – via Google Books.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Motorized tricycles.|