List of vegetarians
This is a list of notable people who have adhered to a vegetarian diet at some point during their life. In the cases where a person's vegetarian status is disputed or they no longer adhere to a vegetarian diet, they are categorized as disputed or former.
|Scott Adams||Author||United States|||
|Sharon den Adel||Musician||Netherlands|||
|Chris Adler||Musician, drummer of Lamb of God||United States|||
|Agathocles||Political grindcore musical band||Belgium|||
|Shmuel Yosef Agnon||Writer||Israel||:171–172|
|Dianna Agron||Actress||United States|||
|eden ahbez||Musician||United States||:171|
|Al-Maʿarri||Philosopher||Emirate of Aleppo|||
|Damon Albarn||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|William Andrus Alcott||Physician||United States||:34–44|
|And Then There Were None||Rock band||United States|||
|Johan Angergård||Musician, owner of Labrador Records||Sweden|||
|Lauren Anderson||Model||United States|||
|Anthony the Great||Christian saint||Egypt||:22–23[nb 1]|
|Álex Anwandter||Musician, director||Chile|||
|Apollonius of Tyana||Philosopher||Greece||:30–35|
|Christina Applegate||Actress||United States|||
|Johnny Appleseed||Nurseryman||United States||:6–7:184–186,307–310|
|Joan Armatrading||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Richard Ashcroft||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Ashoka the Great||Emperor||India||:75–77|
|Nadja Auermann||Model and actress||Germany|||
|Emilie Autumn||Singer-songwriter, poet, violinist, actress||United States|||
|Nic Balthazar||Film director||Belgium|||
|Jacob Bannon||Musician, member of Converge||United States|||
|Bob Barker||Game show host||United States|||
|Samantha Barks||Actress, singer||Isle of Man|||
|Brandon Barnes||Musician, drummer of Rise Against||United States|||
|Basil of Caesarea||Bishop||Turkey||:159–160:78|
|Franco Battiato||Singer-songwriter, composer, filmmaker||Italy|||
|Beatle Bob||Dancer, St. Louis local figure||United States|||
|Jeff Beck||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Nick Beggs||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Conrad Beissel||Religious leader||Germany||:3|
|Raja Bell||Sportsman||United States|||
|Brie Bella||Professional wrestler, actress, WWE Ambassador||United States|||
|Lexi Belle||Actress||United States|||
|Jo Bench||Bassist||United Kingdom|||
|Hilary Benn||Politician||United Kingdom|||
|J. D. Beresford||Novelist||United Kingdom|||
|Elizabeth Berkley||Actress||United States|||
|Annie Besant||Writer||United Kingdom||:99–107|
|Traci Bingham||Actress||United States|||
|John Bishop||Comedian||United Kingdom|||
|Barry Black||Clergyman||United States|||
|Tony Blackburn||Disc jockey||United Kingdom|||
|Zach Blair||Musician, guitarist of Rise Against||United States|||
|Alexa Bliss||Professional wrestler||United States|||
|Beau Bokan||Musician and singer, frontman of Blessthefall||United States|||
|Michael Bolton||Musician||United States|||
|M. Visvesvaraya||Indian engineer, scholar, statesman and the Diwan of Mysore||India|||
|Cory Booker||Politician||United States|||
|Bramwell Booth||Chief of the Staff and General of The Salvation Army||United Kingdom|||
|Nathaniel Borenstein||Computer scientist||United States|||
|Wouter Bos||Politician||Netherlands||[nb 2]|
|Jacques Boyer||Professional bicycle racer||United States|||
|Josh Bradford||Guitarist for Silverstein||Canada|||
|Stuart Braithwaite||Guitarist of post-rock band Mogwai||United Kingdom|||
|Constantin Brâncuși||Sculptor, painter and photographer, pioneer of modernism||Romania||:228|
|Justin Lee Brannan||Artist, community activist, organizer||United States|||
|Claudia de Breij||Comedian||Netherlands||[nb 3]|
|Christie Brinkley||Model, actress||United States|||
|Peter Brock||Motor racing driver||Australia|||
|Fenner Brockway||Politician||United Kingdom|||
|Luitzen E.J. Brouwer||Mathematician||Netherlands||:236|
|Chris Browne||Cartoonist||United States|||
|Gautama Buddha||Spiritual teacher||Nepal||:11–88:21–23:17–21:50–57[nb 4]|
|Héctor Buitrago||Co-member of the Latin alternative band Aterciopelados||Colombia|||
|Bully||Rock band||United States|||
|Tahita Bulmer||Singer-songwriter for electronic band New Young Pony Club||United Kingdom|||
|George Burdi||Musician and white supremacist||Canada|||
|Peter Burwash||Tennis player||Canada|||
|Kate Bush||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Lauren Bush||Model, designer||United States|||
|John Campbell||Bassist for Lamb of God||United States|||
|Nacho Cano||Arranger, composer, musician, record producer||Spain|||
|Julia Carling||Journalist||United Kingdom|||
|Belinda Carlisle||Singer||United States|||
|Magnus Carlsen||Chess player||Norway|||
|Edward Carpenter||Poet||United Kingdom||:79–80:256–266,276|
|Ben Carson||Neurosurgeon||United States|||
|Chris Carter||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Cathy Cassidy||Author||United Kingdom|||
|Dan Castellaneta||Voice actor||United States|||
|Saint Catherine of Siena||Theologian||Italy||:167–168:89|
|Stephanie Cayo||Actress, singer, model||Peru|||
|Stephen Chan Chi Wan||Businessman||Hong Kong|||
|Agustina Cherri||Actress, dancer, model||Argentina|||
|Jacky Cheung||Singer||Hong Kong|||
|Michael Guy Chislett||Musician||Australia|||
|Julie Christie||Actress||United Kingdom|||
|Saint John Chrysostom||Early Church Father||Turkey||:79:124|
|Alexa Chung||Television presenter||United Kingdom|||
|Daniël de Clercq||Socialist||Netherlands|||
|Sue Coe||Artist||United Kingdom|||
|J. M. Coetzee||Writer||South Africa||:63–65|
|Rabbi David Cohen||Rabbi||Israel||:172|
|She'ar Yashuv Cohen||Rabbi||Israel||:172–173|
|John Coltrane||Musician||United States|||
|Pat Condell||Writer||United Kingdom||[nb 5]|
|Consolidated||Radical activist music group||United States|||
|Jeremy Corbyn||Politician||United Kingdom|||
|Liam Cormier||Musician||United States|||
|Hugo Brandt Corstius||Author||Netherlands|||
|Elvis Costello||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Roger Crab||Haberdasher||United Kingdom||:26–38|
|Stafford Cripps||Politician||United Kingdom|||
|Ernest Howard Crosby||Writer||United States||:143–147|
|Attila Csihar||Extreme metal musician||Hungary|||
|Alfonso Cuarón||Film director||Mexico|||
|Rivers Cuomo||Musician||United States|||
|Peter Cushing||Actor||United Kingdom|||
|Chuck D||Rapper||United States|||
|Leonardo da Vinci||Polymath||Republic of Florence|||
|Eugen d'Albert||Musician||Germany||[nb 6]|
|Jeru the Damaja||Rapper||United States|||
|John Darnielle||Musician, novelist||United States|||
|Georg Friedrich Daumer||Poet||Germany||:282–286|
|John Dear||Catholic priest, Christian pacifist, vegetarianism advocate||United States|||
|Lizzie Deignan||Cyclist||United Kingdom|||
|Lana Del Rey||Singer||United States|||
|Brad Delp||Singer-songwriter, frontman of Boston and RTZ||United States|||
|Eugenio Derbez||Television actor, director||Mexico|||
|Torrey DeVitto||Actress, musician, former fashion model||United States|||
|Thomas Di Leva||Singer-songwriter||Sweden|||
|Dave Dictor||Musician||United States|||
|Peter Dinklage||Actor||United States|||
|Mike Dirnt||Musician||United States|||
|Eliza Doolittle||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Julien Doré||Singer-songwriter, musician, actor||France|||
|Hugh Dowding||Officer in the Royal Air Force||United Kingdom|||
|Muriel Dowding, Baroness Dowding||Animal rights activist||United Kingdom||:137–151|
|Isadora Duncan||Dancer||United States|||
|Michael Clarke Duncan||Actor||United States|||
|Frederik van Eeden||Writer||Netherlands|||
|Michael Eisner||Businessman||United States|||
|Empedocles of Acragas||Ancient Greek philosopher||Greece||:30–32:41–42:64–66|
|Guy Endore||Writer||United States|||
|Kevin Eubanks||Musician||United States|||
|Joshua Evans||Quaker minister||United States||:40:7|
|Henri W.PH.E. van den Bergh van Eysinga||Writer||Netherlands||:228|
|Brian Fair||Vocalist for metal band Shadows Fall||United States|||
|Cosey Fanni Tutti||Performance artist, musician, writer||United Kingdom|||
|Corey Feldman||Actor||United States|||
|Marty Feldman||Comedian||United Kingdom|||
|Adam Ferguson||Philosopher||United Kingdom||:208:204–206|
|Vanessa Ferlito||Actress||United States|||
|Doug Fieger||Musician||United States|||
|Thomas Gabriel Fischer||Metal musician who led the groups Hellhammer, Celtic Frost and Triptykon||Switzerland|||
|Harley Flanagan||Founding member and former bassist of the crossover thrash band Cro-Mags.||United States|||
|Flux of Pink Indians||Anarcho-punk/post-punk band||United Kingdom|||
|Jerome Flynn||Actor||United Kingdom|||
|Jonathan Safran Foer||Writer||United States|||
|Alina Foley||Actress||United States|||
|Alan Ford||Actor||United Kingdom|||
|Desmond Ford||Evangelical Christian||Australia|||
|Thomas Ignatius Maria Forster||Astronomer||United Kingdom||:374–375|
|J. D. Fortune||Musician||Canada|||
|Jorja Fox||Actress||United States|||
|Sage Francis||Rapper||United States|||
|Saint Francis of Paola||Mendicant friar||Italy||:146|
|Nat Friedman||Programmer||United States|||
|Edgar Froese||German artist and electronic music pioneer, best known for founding the electronic music group Tangerine Dream||Germany|||
|Sadie Frost||Actress||United Kingdom|||
|John Galliano||Fashion designer||United Kingdom|||
|Mohandas Gandhi||Spiritual leader and politician||India||:xii|
|Jerry Garcia||Singer-songwriter and guitarist||United States|||
|Nicky Garratt||Musician, chef||United Kingdom|||
|John Gay||Poet and dramatist||United Kingdom||:115–119|
|Teri Gender Bender||Musician||United States|||
|Geoffrey Giuliano||Actor||United States|||
|Philip Glass||Composer||United States|||
|Kevin Godley||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Daniel Goldhagen||Author, professor, political scientist||United States|||
|Bobcat Goldthwait||Comedian||United States|||
|Lewis Gompertz||Animal rights advocate||United Kingdom|||
|Jorge González||Musician, former leader of the band Los Prisioneros||Chile|||
|Jane Goodall||Primatologist||United Kingdom|||
|Mckenna Grace||Actress||United States|||
|Sylvester Graham||Dietary reformer||United States||:15–70:141–148|
|Derrick Green||Extreme metal vocalist for Sepultura||United States|||
|Gail Greenwood||Musician||United States|||
|Dick Gregory||Comedian||United States||:215–218|
|Benjamin Grosvenor||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Vida Guerra||Glamour model||Cuba|||
|Nacha Guevara||Singer-songwriter, dancer and actress||Argentina|||
|Chin Chin Gutierrez||Actress||Philippines|||
|Nina Hagen||Singer and actress||Germany|||
|J. B. S. Haldane||Scientist||United Kingdom|||
|Sarah Jane Hamilton||Pornographic actress||United Kingdom|||
|Otoman Zar-Adusht Ha'nish||Spiritual leader||United States|||
|Trés Hanley||Actress and singer||United States|||
|John Harris||Journalist||United Kingdom|||
|George Harrison||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Lenie 't Hart||Animal rights activist||Netherlands|||
|Maarten 't Hart||Biologist||Netherlands||[nb 7]|
|David Hartley||Philosopher||United Kingdom||:207–209[nb 8]|
|Thom Hartmann||Radio personality, author||United States|||
|Annie Haslam||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Juliana Hatfield||Musician||United States|||
|Lizzy Hawker||Long-distance runner||United Kingdom|||
|Samantha Hayes||News presenter||New Zealand|||
|Heaven Shall Burn||Extreme metal band||Germany|||
|Martin van Hees||Philosopher||Netherlands|||
|Anne-Marie Helder||Singer-songwriter||United Kingdom|||
|Maximiliano Hernández Martínez||Politician||El Salvador|||
|Arnold Hills||Businessman||United Kingdom|||
|Adolf Hitler||Politician||Germany||[nb 9]|
|Lancelot Hogben||Zoologist||United Kingdom|||
|Amanda Holden||Actress and television presenter||United Kingdom|||
|Tuomas Holopainen||Keyboardist, songwriter||Finland|||
|Henriette Roland Holst||Poet||Netherlands||:230|
|Hostage Calm||Punk rock band||United States|||
|John Howard||Prison reformer||United Kingdom|||
|Steve Howe||Musician, guitarist for progressive rock band Yes||United Kingdom|||
|Mike Hranica||Singer for metalcore band The Devil Wears Prada||United States|||
|Dave Hughes||Television presenter||Australia|||
|Richard Hughes||Drummer||United Kingdom|||
|Henny Huisman||Television presenter||Netherlands|||
|Aldous Huxley||Writer||United Kingdom|||
|Frank Iero||Musician||United States|||
|Steve Ignorant||Singer and artist, co-founder of the anarcho-punk band Crass||United Kingdom|||
|Michael Imperioli||Actor||United States|||
|Michael Jackson||Singer||United States|||
|Susan Saint James||Actress||United States||:47–58|
|Jim Jarmusch||Film director||United States|||
|Mick Jenkins||Rapper||United States|||
|Joan Jett||Singer-songwriter||United States|||
|Matt Johnson||Vocalist and keyboardist of the indie pop duo Matt and Kim||United States|||
|Christofer Johnsson||Musician, founder member of Therion||Sweden|||
|James Johnston||Politician||United Kingdom|||
|Howard Jones||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Watkin Tudor Jones||Musician||South Africa|||
|Jónsi||Musician, founder of post-rock band Sigur Rós||Iceland|||
|Sachiin J. Joshi||Actor, producer||India|||
|Mike Joyce||Drummer||United Kingdom|||
|A. P. J. Abdul Kalam||Scientist, teacher, poet, former President of India||India|||
|Roberta Kalechofsky||Jewish writer, feminist, animal rights activist||United States|||
|Eliane Karp||Anthropologist, former First Lady of Peru||France|||
|Raden Adjeng Kartini||Educator, feminist||Indonesia|||
|John Harvey Kellogg||Physician||United States||:149–158|
|Matthew Kenney||Chef||United States|||
|Ayya Khema||Bhikkhuni||Germany and United States|||
|Masta Killa||Rapper||United States|||
|Kim Hyo-jin||Actress||South Korea|||
|Anna Bonus Kingsford||Magazine editor||United Kingdom||:374–383|
|Bep van Klaveren||Boxer||Netherlands||:103|
|Nicolette Kluijver||Television presenter and model||Netherlands|||
|Paul Koehler||Drummer of metalcore band Silverstein||Canada|||
|Niko Koffeman||Politician||Netherlands||[nb 10]|
|Martine Wittop Koning||Writer||Netherlands||:231|
|Abraham Isaac Kook||Rabbi||Latvia||:175:118–121|
|Kim van Kooten||Actress and screenwriter||Netherlands|||
|Killer Kowalski||Professional wrestler||Canada||:231–236|
|Jiddu Krishnamurti||Writer and public speaker||India|||
|František Kupka||Artist||Czechoslovakia||[nb 11][nb 12]|
|Christine Lagarde||Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund||France|||
|Alphonse de Lamartine||Writer, poet and politician||France||[nb 13][nb 14]|
|Carla Lane||Television writer||United Kingdom|||
|Robert Lange||Record producer and songwriter||South Africa|||
|Frances Moore Lappé||Researcher and writer||United States|||
|Maricel Laxa||Comedian and actress||Philippines|||
|Benjamin Lay||Abolitionist||United States||  |
|Cloris Leachman||Actress||United States|||
|Charles Webster Leadbeater||Author||United Kingdom|||
|Lee Hanee||Actress and beauty pageant titleholder||South Korea|||
|Patricia de León||Actress, TV host, model, beauty pageant titleholder||Panama|||
|Chris Leslie||Electric folk musician, member of Fairport Convention||United Kingdom|||
|Leona Lewis||Singer||United Kingdom|||
|Tony Levin||Musician||United States|||
|Liang Shuming||Philosopher, teacher, and leader in the Rural Reconstruction Movement||China|||
|Jimmy Liao||Picture book illustrator||Taiwan|||
|Bart de Ligt||Anarcho-pacifist and antimilitarist||Netherlands||:239|
|Richard Linklater||Film director||United States|||
|Lo Wing-lok||Physician and politician||Hong Kong|||
|Claire Loewenfeld||Nutritionist and herbalist||Germany|||
|Lisa Lopes||Rapper||United States|||
|Joanna Lumley||Actress||United Kingdom|||
|Becky Lynch||Professional Wrestler||Ireland|||
|Lady Constance Lytton||Suffragette||United Kingdom|||
|M-1||Rapper, member of Dead Prez||United States|||
|Grant MacEwan||Professor and politician||Canada|||
|Francisco Madero||Politician, writer and revolutionary||Mexico|||
|R. Madhavan||Actor, writer, producer, television presenter||India|||
|Jaime de Magalhães Lima||Philosopher, poet and writer||Portugal||[nb 15]|
|Mahavira||Sage who established tenets of Jainism||India||:19–28|
|Gustav Mahler||Composer and one of the leading conductors of his generation||Austria-Hungary||[nb 16][nb 17]|
|Lucy A. Mallory||Writer, publisher, editor, and spiritualist||United States|||
|Andrius Mamontovas||Musician, songwriter, record producer, actor||Lithuania|||
|Mani||Founder of Manichaeism||Iran|||
|João Manzarra||Television host||Portugal|||
|Bob Marley||Singer-songwriter, guitarist||Jamaica|||
|Jodie Marsh||Media personality, glamour model||United Kingdom|||
|Andy Martin||Musician and writer||United Kingdom|||
|Billy Martin||Guitarist and keyboardist for pop punk band Good Charlotte||United States|||
|Luis Miguel Martín||Long-distance runner||Spain|||
|Ricky Martin||Singer-songwriter, actor||Puerto Rico|||
|Mariano Gabriel Martínez||Musician and producer, founder of the band Attaque 77||Argentina|||
|Doug Martsch||Musician, member of Built to Spill||United States|||
|Scott Maslen||Actor, model||United Kingdom|||
|Paul Masvidal||Musician, member of progressive metal band Cynic||United States|||
|Mojo Mathers||Politician, member of the New Zealand House of Representatives||New Zealand|||
|Trixie Mattel||Drag queen, singer-songwriter, comedian||United States|||
|Brian May||Musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, astrophysicist, author, contributor||United Kingdom|||
|Alicia Mayer||Actress, comedian||Philippines|||
|Mazdak||Founder of Mazdakism||Iran|||
|Paul Mazurkiewicz||Drummer for death metal band Cannibal Corpse||United States|||
|Colman McCarthy||Journalist, teacher, lecturer, peace activist||United States||:206–207|
|Linda McCartney||Photographer, musician, entrepreneur||United States|||
|Paul McCartney||Musician, composer, producer, businessman, member of The Beatles||United Kingdom|||
|Stella McCartney||Fashion designer||United Kingdom|||
|Rue McClanahan||Actress, comedian, author||United States|||
|Patrick McDonnell||Illustrator, creator of Mutts||United States|||
|Jay McGuiness||Singer, member of the boy band The Wanted||United Kingdom|||
|Tim McIlrath||Musician, vocalist and guitarist of Rise Against||United States|||
|Gina McKee||Actress||United Kingdom|||
|Virginia McKenna||Actress, author and wildlife campaigner||United Kingdom|||
|Edward McMillan-Scott||Member of the European Parliament||United Kingdom|||
|Trash McSweeney||Musician, leader of the band The Red Paintings||Australia|||
|Hemant Mehta||Author, blogger, atheist activist||United States|||
|Armin Meiwes||Convict who claims to be reformed and concerned about injustices||Germany|||
|Shraga Feivel Mendlowitz||Rabbi, leader of American Orthodoxy||United States|||
|Natalie Merchant||Musician, songwriter||United States|||
|Method Man||Hip hop artist, record producer, actor, member of the Wu-Tang Clan||United States|||
|Saint Angela de Merici||Religious leader and saint||Italy||:125–126|
|Johan Messchaert||Singer and vocal pedagogue||Netherlands||:219|
|Lea Michele||Actress, singer||United States|||
|Eustace Miles||Real tennis player and health writer||United Kingdom|||
|Crispian Mills||Musician, songwriter, film director||United Kingdom|||
|Hayley Mills||Actress, singer||United Kingdom|||
|Giovanni Pico della Mirandola||Renaissance philosopher||Italy|||
|Shanna Moakler||Actress, model, reality television celebrity||United States|||
|Narendra Modi||Prime Minister of India||India|||
|Elizabeth Maria Molteno||Suffragist and civil rights activist||South Africa|||
|Daniel Mongrain||Musician for metal bands Martyr and Voivod||Canada|||
|Sophie Monk||Singer, songwriter, actress, model||Australia|||
|Théodore Monod||Naturalist, explorer, and humanist scholar||France|||
|Andrea Montenegro||Actress, model||Peru|||
|Leonardo Montero||TV host||Argentina|||
|Alan Moore||Comic book writer||United Kingdom|||
|Jenna Morasca||Actress, swimsuit model, winner of Survivor: The Amazon||United States|||
|Edwin Moses||Former track and field athlete||United States|||
|Malcolm Muggeridge||Journalist, author, satirist||United Kingdom||:243–250|
|Bawa Muhaiyaddeen||Saintly Tamil-speaking teacher and Sufi mystic from the island of Sri Lanka||Sri Lanka||:175|
|Lillian Müller||Model, actress in motion pictures and television||Norway|||
|Desidério Murcho||Philosopher, professor, and writer||Portugal||[nb 18]|
|Stuart Murdoch||Musician, member of indie pop band Belle & Sebastian||United Kingdom|||
|Keith Murray||Musician, member of indie rock band We Are Scientists||United States|||
|Reuben D. Mussey||Medical doctor and an early opponent of tobacco||United States||:44–46|
|My Summer As A Salvation Soldier||Singer-songwriter||Iceland|||
|Adam Myerson||Cyclist||United States|||
|Xavier Naidoo||Singer-songwriter, record producer||Germany|||
|Andrew Napolitano||Senior Judicial Analyst for Fox News Channel, former host of Freedom Watch||United States|||
|Martina Navratilova||Retired tennis player and a former World No. 1||Czech Republic||[nb 19]|
|Kevin Nealon||Actor and comedian||United States|||
|Helen Nearing||Author||United States|||
|Scott Nearing||Economist, educator, writer||United States|||
|Philip Neri||Priest noted for founding the "Congregation of the Oratory"||Italy||:152:153|
|Mike Ness||Musician for punk rock band Social Distortion||United States|||
|Jukka Nevalainen||Musician, member of Nightwish||Finland|||
|Phil Neville||Footballer, played for Manchester United and Everton||United Kingdom|||
|George Nicholson||Nationally known printer||United Kingdom|||
|Ferdinand Domela Nieuwenhuis||The Netherlands' first prominent socialist||Netherlands||:214|
|Roberto de Nobili||Jesuit missionary to Southern India||Italy|||
|William F. Nolan||Novelist, short story writer||United States|||
|Krist Novoselic||Musician, songwriter, author, activist, Nirvana member||United States|||
|Laura Nyro||Songwriter, singer, pianist||United States|||
|Suresh Oberoi||Character actor||India|||
|Billy Ocean||Singer-songwriter||United Kingdom|||
|Natasja Oerlemans||Politician, prominent member of the Party for the Animals||Netherlands|||
|José Oiticica||Poet, activist||Brazil|||
|Henry Oldham||Obstetric physician||United Kingdom|||
|Margreth Olin||Film director and producer||Norway|||
|Maria O'Neill||Writer, poet, journalist, spiritualist||Portugal|||
|Onision||YouTuber and Internet personality||United States|||
|Natalia Oreiro||Singer, actress, fashion designer||Uruguay|||
|Origen of Alexandria||Early Christian Neoplatonist philosopher and theologian and Church Father||Roman province of Egypt|||
|Dean Ornish||Physician and researcher||United States|||
|Kelly Osbourne||Singer-songwriter, author, actress, television personality, radio personality, fashion designer||United Kingdom|||
|Carré Otis||Actress, model||United States|||
|Esther Ouwehand||Politician, marketing manager||Netherlands||[nb 20]|
|Walburga, Lady Paget||Diarist, writer and an intimate friend of Queen Victoria||Germany|||
|Monty Panesar||Cricketer||United Kingdom|||
|Claudia Pastorino||Singer-songwriter, author||Italy|||
|Alexandra Paul||Actress||United States|||
|Gastón Pauls||Actor, TV host, producer||Argentina|||
|Nicolás Pauls||Actor, musician||Argentina|||
|Justin Pearson||Musician for a number of noise rock and hardcore bands, as The Locust||United States|||
|Kal Penn||Film and television actor, producer, and civil servant||United States|||
|Isaac Leib Peretz||Yiddish language author and playwright||Poland||:171|
|Tony Perry||Musician, member of Pierce the Veil||United States|||
|Fiona Phillips||Television broadcaster||United Kingdom|||
|Sir Richard Phillips||Schoolteacher, author and publisher||United Kingdom||:235–244|
|Kellie Pickler||Singer-songwriter||United States|||
|Gary Pihl||Guitarist, member of the band Boston||United States|||
|Sarah M. Pike||Comparative religion scholar||United States|||
|Pitchshifter||Metal band||United Kingdom|||
|Plotinus||Ancient Greek Neoplatonist philosopher||Greece||[nb 21]|
|Plutarch||Biographer, essayist, priest, ambassador, magistrate||Greece|||
|Henri Polak||Trade unionist and politician||Netherlands||:229|
|Alexander Pope||Poet||United Kingdom|||
|John Porcelly||Musician||United States|||
|Porphyry||Ancient Greek Neoplatonist philosopher||Greece||:58–61:37–38|
|Martín de Porres||Lay brother of the Dominican Order||Peru||:206|
|John Cowper Powys||Novelist||United Kingdom|||
|A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada||Gaudiya Vaishnava teacher, founder-acharya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness||India||:56–60:173–180|
|Jade Puget||Musician, member of the alternative rock band AFI||United States|||
|Purified in Blood||Metalcore band||Norway|||
|Jimmy Pursey||Musician, record producer||United Kingdom|||
|Pythagoras of Samos||Ionian Greek philosopher, religious teacher, political leader, and founder of Pythagoreanism||Greece|||
|Martha Quinn||One of the original video jockeys on MTV||United States|||
|Andrea Rabagliati||Author||United Kingdom|||
|Shrimad Rajchandra||Jain poet and philosopher||India|||
|Srinivasa Ramanujan||Mathematician and autodidact||India|||
|Anna Ramírez Bauxel||Racing cyclist||Spain|||
|Guillaume Thomas François Raynal||Writer and man of letters during the Age of Enlightenment||France||[nb 22]|
|Jean Jacques Élisée Reclus||Geographer, anarchist revolutionary, and writer||France||:88,105,173–176|
|Redman||Rapper, record producer, actor||United States|||
|Dimitri Reinderman||Chess Grandmaster with an Elo rating of 2542||Netherlands|||
|Ilya Yefimovich Repin||Leading Russian painter and sculptor of the Peredvizhniki artistic school||Russia||:110–114|
|Reshma||Renowned folk singer of Pakistan||Pakistan|||
|Rou Reynolds||Lead vocalist of Enter Shikari||United Kingdom|||
|Saint Richard of Chichester||Saint who was Bishop of Chichester||United Kingdom||:191:81|
|Penny Rimbaud||Writer, poet, philosopher, co-founder of the punk band Crass||United Kingdom|||
|Joseph Ritson||Antiquary||United Kingdom||:185–190|
|Maura Rivera||Dancer, television performer||Chile|||
|Reuven Rivlin||President of Israel||Israel|||
|Andy Robinson||English rugby union coach and retired player||United Kingdom|||
|José Luis Rodríguez||Singer||Venezuela|||
|Fred Rogers||Educator, minister, songwriter, television host||United States|||
|Romain Rolland||Dramatist, essayist, art historian, novelist||France|||
|Uli Jon Roth||Musician||Germany|||
|Xavier Rudd||Musician, singer-songwriter||Australia|||
|Hastings Russell, 12th Duke of Bedford||Nobility, activist||United Kingdom|||
|RZA||Rapper, CEO, record producer, actor, screenwriter, author, director||United States|||
|Jonathan Sacks||Rabbi, philosopher, and scholar of Judaism||United Kingdom|||
|Jacques-Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre||Writer, botanist||France||:208–214:173–176|
|Henry Stephens Salt||Writer, teacher, social reformer||United Kingdom|||
|Ric Sanders||Violinist, member of Fairport Convention||United Kingdom|||
|Justin Sane||Lead guitarist, singer and songwriter of the punk rock group Anti-Flag||United States|||
|Gabe Saporta||Lead singer and primary creative force behind the synthpop band Cobra Starship||Uruguay|||
|Susan Sarandon||Actress||United States|||
|Judith Sargentini||GreenLeft politician||Netherlands|||
|Martin Sastre||Artist, filmmaker||Uruguay|||
|Swami Satchidananda||Religious teacher, spiritual master and yoga adept||India|||
|Kool Savas||German rapper||Germany|||
|Sky Saxon||Musician||United States|||
|Nikolas Schiller||Blogger, prominent digital map artist in the blogosphere, civil rights activist||United States|||
|Wim T. Schippers||Voice actor, producer, comedian||Netherlands|||
|Fred Schneider||Musician, frontman of the rock band The B-52's||United States|||
|Tom Scholz||Musician, founder of the band Boston||United States|||
|Loretta Schrijver||Television host||Netherlands||[nb 23]|
|Richard H. Schwartz||Professor emeritus of mathematics, president of the Jewish Vegetarians of North America||United States|||
|Jason Schwartzman||Actor, musician||United States|||
|Albert Schweitzer||Music, philanthropist, theologian||Germany|||
|Jeremy Scott||Fashion designer||United States|||
|Jenny Seagrove||Actress, political activist||United Kingdom|||
|Kevin Seconds||Singer for hardcore punk band 7 Seconds||United States|||
|Virender Sehwag||One of the leading batsmen in the Indian cricket team||India|||
|Sandra Seifert||Nurse, beauty pageant contestant, fashion model||Taiwan|||
|Captain Sensible||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Serenity||Erotic dancer and pornographic actress||United States|||
|Christian Serratos||Actress||United States|||
|Quintus Sextius||Philosopher, whose philosophy combined Pythagoreanism with Stoicism||Italy||[nb 24]|
|Otep Shamaya||Vocalist of nu metal band Otep||United States|||
|Anushka Sharma||Actress, producer||India|||
|George Bernard Shaw||Playwright, critic, political activist||Ireland|||
|Martin Shaw||Actor||United Kingdom|||
|Francis Sheehy-Skeffington||Pacifist, suffragist||Ireland|||
|Percy Bysshe Shelley||Poet, dramatist, essayist, novelist||United Kingdom||:218–235|
|Herbert Shelton||Alternative medicine advocate, author, pacifist||United States||:160–161|
|Sheetal Sheth||Actress, producer||United States|||
|Barbie Shu||Actress and singer||Taiwan|||
|Agostinho da Silva||Philosopher, essayist and writer||Portugal|||
|Sarah Silverman||Comedian, writer, actress, singer and musician||United States|||
|Aaron Simpson||Mixed martial artist||United States|||
|Isaac Bashevis Singer||Novelist, short story writer||United States||:237–242|
|Peter Singer||Moral philosopher||Australia|||
|Fauja Singh||Centenarian marathon runner||India|||
|Matt Skiba||Musician for Alkaline Trio and Blink-182||United States|||
|Jon Skolmen||Actor and comedian||Norway|||
|Frank Somerville||Journalist||United States|||
|Song Il-gook||Actor||South Korea|||
|Sonu Sood||Actor, model||India|||
|Matt Sorum||Musician||United States|||
|Amílcar de Sousa||Medical doctor, author, president of the first Portuguese vegetarian society||Portugal|||
|Henry Spira||Widely regarded as one of the most effective animal rights activists of the 20th century||United States|||
|Freddie Starr||Comedian||United Kingdom|||
|Ringo Starr||Musician, singer-songwriter, actor, drummer for the Beatles||United Kingdom|||
|Bill Steer||Guitarist for extreme metal band Carcass||United Kingdom|||
|Aad Stelylen||Former Dutch athlete, specialised in long distances||Netherlands||:102|
|Arran Stephens||Writer, founder of Nature's Path Foods||Canada|||
|Gruschenka Stevens||Actress and singer||Germany|||
|Jon Stewart||TV show host, comedian||United States|||
|Courtney Stodden||Reality show contestant, actress, model||United States|||
|Joss Stone||Singer-songwriter, actress||United Kingdom|||
|Jan P. Strijbos||Naturalist, cineast, photographer, journalist, writer||Netherlands||:242|
|Joe Strummer||Musician, vocalist and guitarist of punk rock band The Clash||United Kingdom|||
|Stu Strumwasser||Novelist and entrepreneur||United States|||
|Poly Styrene||Singer-songwriter||United Kingdom|||
|María Eugenia Suárez||Actress, singer, model||Argentina|||
|Mark Suppelsa||Television anchor||United States|||
|David Sylvian||Singer-songwriter and musician, lead vocalist and main songwriter in the group Japan||United Kingdom|||
|Rabindranath Tagore||Poet, playwright, essayist||India|||
|Amber Tamblyn||Actress||United States|||
|Carlo Taranto||Member of the trio of TV and radio commentators Gialappa's Band||Italy|||
|Tarkan||Singer-songwriter, record producer, performer||Turkey|||
|Tertullian||Prolific early Berber Christian author from Carthage in the Roman province of Africa||Roman Empire (Carthage)||:53:116–117|
|Nikola Tesla||Inventor, engineer and futurist||Serbia|||
|The Giving Tree Band||Rock band||United States|||
|Marianne Thieme||Politician, animal rights activist, author||Netherlands||[nb 25]|
|Maarten Tjallingii||Professional racing cyclist for UCI ProTeam Team Jumbo–Visma||Netherlands|||
|Leo Tolstoy||Novelist, short story writer, playwright, essayist||Russia||:88–97|
|Peter Tosh||Musician, member of The Wailers||Jamaica|||
|Devin Townsend||Musician, former member of Strapping Young Lad||United States|||
|Paolo Troubetzkoy||Artist, sculptor||Russia||[nb 26]|
|Trương Thị May||Beauty pageant titleholder||Vietnam|||
|Titia van der Tuuk||Author, feminist, pacifist, teacher||Netherlands||:226|
|Shania Twain||Singer-songwriter, television personality||Canada|||
|Richard Ungewitter||Writer, pioneer of the German nudist movement||Germany||:436–437|
|Uphill Battle||Metalcore band||United States|||
|Mellie Uyldert||Writer, alternative healer, occultist and astrologer||Netherlands||:246|
|Steve Vai||Guitarist, composer, singer, songwriter, producer||United States|||
|Pedro Valdjiu||Musician, member of Blasted Mechanism||Portugal|||
|Fernando Vallejo||Novelist, filmmaker, essayist||Colombia|||
|Vanilla Ice||Rapper, actor||United States|||
|Dada Vaswani||Spiritual leader||India|||
|Sadhu T. L. Vaswani||Educationist||India|||
|Gee Vaucher||Visual artist||United Kingdom|||
|Eddie Vedder||Musician, songwriter, member of alternative rock band Pearl Jam||United States|||
|Marly van der Velden||Actress||Netherlands||[nb 27]|
|Krista van Velzen||Politician||Netherlands|||
|Milo Ventimiglia||Actor, director||United States|||
|Georgina Verbaan||Actress, singer||Netherlands|||
|Dirk Verbeuren||Drummer for melodic death metal band Soilwork||Belgium|||
|Umberto Veronesi||Surgeon and oncologist||Italy|||
|Yolandi Visser||Musician||South Africa|||
|Swami Vivekananda||Chief disciple of the 19th-century saint Ramakrishna||India||:50–52|
|Voltaire||Writer, philosopher, playwright||France|||
|Vydūnas||Teacher, poet, humanist, philosopher and Lithuanian||Lithuania|||
|Herschel Walker||Former college and professional football player and a mixed martial artist||United States|||
|Jeffrey Walker||Vocalist and bassist for extreme metal band Carcass||United Kingdom|||
|David Wallechinsky||Author of many Olympic reference books and other reference books||United States||:219–224|
|George Watsky||Hip hop artist, author and poet||United States|||
|Keenen Ivory Wayans||Actor, comedian||United States|||
|Bernard Weatherill||Politician, Speaker of the House of Commons||United Kingdom|||
|Dennis Weaver||Actor||United States|||
|Beatrice Webb||Sociologist, economist, socialist||United Kingdom|||
|John Wesley||Founder of Methodism||United Kingdom|||
|Charlotte Wessels||Singer-songwriter, lead vocalist of Delain||Netherlands|||
|Vivienne Westwood||Fashion designer||United Kingdom|||
|Jason Whalley||Singer for punk rock band Frenzal Rhomb||Australia|||
|Forest Whitaker||Actor, producer, director||United States|||
|Ellen G. White||Author and co-founder of the Seventh-day Adventist Church||United States|||
|Zara Whites||Former adult film actress||Netherlands||[nb 28]|
|Norbert Wiener||Mathematician, famous child prodigy, originator of cybernetics||United States|||
|Wendy O. Williams||Singer, actress, member of the punk rock band Plasmatics||United States|||
|Liam Wilson||Musician||United States|||
|Steven Wilson||Rock musician||United Kingdom|||
|Faye Wong||Recording artist, actress||China|||
|S. Fowler Wright||Novelist||United Kingdom||[nb 29]|
|Esmé Wynne-Tyson||Actress and writer||United Kingdom||:167–171|
|Shmuly Yanklowitz||Modern Orthodox Rabbi, activist, educator, writer, motivational speaker, social entrepreneur, founder of Uri L'Tzedek||United States|||
|"Weird Al" Yankovic||Comedy musician||United States|||
|Owain Yeoman||Actor||United Kingdom|||
|Yoon Jin-seo||Actress||South Korea|||
|Thom Yorke||Musician, singer and principal songwriter of the alternative rock band Radiohead||United Kingdom|||
|Marguerite Yourcenar||Author, essayist, poet||France|||
|Zarathustra||Founder of Zoroastrianism||Iran|||
|Marko Zaror||Martial artist, actor, stuntman||Chile|||
|Zendaya||Actress, singer-songwriter||United States|||
|Ethan Zohn||Soccer player||United States|||
|Bode Miller||Former World Cup alpine ski racer; Olympic gold medalist||United States|||
|Desmond Doss||Combat medic, Medal of Honor recipient||United States|||
|Louisa May Alcott||Novelist||United States||[nb 30]|
|Quinn Allman||Musician||United States|||
|Gillian Anderson||Actress||United States|||
|Jon Anderson||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Christian Bale||Actor||United Kingdom|||
|Andy Bell||Musician for bands such as Ride and Oasis||United Kingdom|||
|Amber Benson||Actress||United States|||
|Orlando Bloom||Actor||United Kingdom|||
|Justin Broadrick||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Tim Booth||Singer, dancer, actor||United Kingdom|||
|Jonny Buckland||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Chris Cerulli||Founder of the metal band Motionless in White||United States|||
|14th Dalai Lama||Monk||Tibet|||
|Leonardo DiCaprio||Actor||United States||[nb 31]|
|David Duchovny||Actor||United States||[nb 32]|
|Eliza Dushku||Actress||United States|||
|Duskie Estes||Chef and restaurateur||United States|||
|Nargis Fakhri||Model, actress, humanitarian||United States|||
|Fat Mike||Musician||United States|||
|Prince Fielder||Baseball player||United States|||
|James Franco||Actor||United States|||
|Benjamin Franklin||Politician||United States|||
|Peter Gabriel||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Daniel Gildenlöw||Musician and songwriter||Sweden|||
|Yana Gupta||Model and actress||Czech Republic|||
|Graham Hancock||Author||United Kingdom|||
|Charlie Harper||Singer-songwriter||United Kingdom|||
|Sam Harris||Author and neuroscientist||United States|||
|Josh Hartnett||Actor||United States|||
|Daniel Kessler||Musician, guitarist for Interpol||United States|||
|Emily Kinney||Actress, singer-songwriter||United States|||
|Dewi Lestari||Writer and singer-songwriter||Indonesia|||
|Ash Lieb||Artist, comedian and writer||Australia|||
|Melanie Lynskey||Actress||New Zealand|||
|Chris Martin||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Megan McArdle||Columnist||United States|||
|Sir Ian McKellen||Actor||United Kingdom|||
|John McLaughlin||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Meat Loaf||Musician||United States|||
|Alyssa Milano||Actress||United States|||
|Dannii Minogue||Actress, singer||Australia|||
|Roger Miret||Hardcore punk vocalist||United States|||
|Nate Newton||Musician||United States|||
|Olivia Newton-John||Singer-songwriter, actress||United Kingdom|||
|Matt Nicholls||Musician, member of Bring Me the Horizon||United Kingdom|||
|Paavo Nurmi||World record-setting runner||Finland|||
|Nivek Ogre||Musician, performance artist, actor||Canada|||
|Hayden Panettiere||Actress||United States|||
|Kate Pierson||Musician, member of new wave band The B-52's||United States|||
|Geoff Rowley||Professional skateboarder||United Kingdom|||
|Gad Saad||Evolutionary behavioural scientist||Canada|||
|Julia Sawalha||Actress||United Kingdom|||
|Dax Shepard||Actor||United States|||
|Chris Squire||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Michael Stipe||Musician||United States|||
|Ruben Studdard||Singer, actor||United States|||
|Frank Turner||Singer-songwriter||United Kingdom|||
|Bill Walton||Retired basketball player||United States|||
|Paul Weller||Musician||United Kingdom|||
|Pete Wentz||Musician, bassist and lyricist of Fall Out Boy||United States|||
|Toyah Willcox||Singer, actress||United Kingdom|||
|Karl Willets||Death metal vocalist for Bolt Thrower||United Kingdom|||
This list includes only those for whom there is a legitimate dispute of the fact and omits those merely rumored of being a vegetarian, regardless of how widely such rumor is spread.
- "He ate once a day, after sunset, sometimes once in two days, and often even in four. His food was bread and salt, his drink, water only. Of flesh and wine it is superfluous even to speak, since no such thing was found with the other earnest men.":Paragraph 7
- (Original Dutch) V: "Wie is die man die 's zondags het vlees snijdt?" A: "De tofoe snijdt, want ik ben vegetariër." (Translation into English) Q: "Who is that man preparing the meat on Sunday?" A: "Preparing the tofu, because I am a vegetarian."
- (Original Dutch) "Wat hebben Paul McCartney, Claudia de Breij, Erik Mouthaan en Pia Douwes met elkaar gemeen? [..] Ze zijn vegetariërs..." (Translation into English) "What do Paul McCartney, Claudia de Breij, Erik Mouthaan and Pia Douwes have in common? [..] They're vegetarians..."
- Gregerson:21 observes: "As Zen roshi, Philip Kapleau points out (see his Cherish All Life), any attempt by Theravadins and others to attribute to the Buddha himself, words permitting the consumption of meat involve a blatant falsification and corruption of sacred texts!"
- "I became a vegetarian in 1976 while watching a deer being butchered."
- "It may be of interest to note, in view of his exuberant vigor and great powers of endurance, that d'Albert is a strict vegetarian":196
- (Original Dutch) "Presentator Babs Assink vraagt vegetariër en dierenvriend 't Hart of het een angstaanjagend beeld is dat wij het varken tot op het bot verslinden." (Translation into English) "Presenter Babs Assink asks vegetarian and animal friend 't Hart whether or not it is a frightening image that we devour our pigs to the bone."
- "If the FRS knew Hartley as a friend, he would know him to be a mathematician with a special interest in statistics, an amateur violinist, and a vegetarian who saw animals as bearing a "near relation" to humans."
- Traudl Junge, who became Hitler's secretary in December 1942, wrote in her memoirs that he ate only side dishes, always avoiding meat. Likewise, Margot Wölk, who was forced to work as one of Hitler's food tasters at the Wolf's Lair (1941–1944), stated that all the food she tested for Hitler was vegetarian, and she recalled no meat or fish. Léon Degrelle, an acquaintance of Hitler, also recalled "He could not bear to eat meat, because it meant the death of a living creature. He refused to have so much as a rabbit or a trout sacrificed to provide his food. He would allow only eggs on his table, because egg-laying meant that the hen had been spared rather than killed." See also: the Vegetarianism of Adolf Hitler. In 2017 Russia's Federal Security Service granted permission to a team of French scientists to undertake an examination of Hitler's bones. An analysis of the tartar deposits found on the Führer's teeth and dentures found no traces of meat fibre.
- (Original Dutch) "Zijn gedrevenheid moet, zeggen velen, voortkomen uit religieus besef: de vegetariër Koffeman is net als zijn vrouw belijdend Zevende-dagsadventist, een klein protestants kerkgenootschap."' (Translation into English) "His determination has to, some say, come from religieus belief: the vegetarian Koffeman is just like his wife a practising Seventh-day Adventist, a small protestant denomination."
-  "Under Diefenbachs theosophical influence Kupka becomes a strict vegetarian and adopts a regime of daily physical exercises".:21
-  "Meets Nazarene artist Karl Diefenbach, who advocates man's return to naure. Moves to Diefenbach's home and participates in communal life-style there, which features vegetarian cuisine, outdoor baths, nude exercising, discussions about spiritual issues, music, and painting.":408
- "True it is that Lamartine ate flesh and fish at one period of his life; but we have the authority of Douglas Jerrold's London Journal for assuring our readers that he is again a vegetarian.":222
- "Lamartine said that, despite his conventions, in adulthood he conformed to society by eating meat. But contemporaries recall that later in life Lamartine reconverted to vegetarianism after travelling through India, and lived in Paris like a Hindu vegetarian...":214
- Jaime de Magalhães Lima (1859–1936) was a Portuguese writer born in Aveiro. He studied Law in the University of Coimbra. He was an admirer of Tolstoy and visited him in Russia. In 1912 he wrote the essay O Vegetarismo e a Moralidade das raças.
- "The following season proved a very gloomy one for Mahler. Once more the "city of music" could furnish him no greater material consolation than that of a few piano-pupils. Evenings he would attach himself to a group of young, poverty-stricken Wagnerian enthusiasts and over a cup of coffee help wage the abstract battles of the music-dramatist's political and ethical doctrines. Of these sage utterances one the young musicians adopted unanimously was the proposal to regenerate mankind through strict, vegetarian diet. Perhaps the cost of meat-dishes had as much to do with this resolution as the realization that carnivorous humanity was going to the dogs. [...] Although two years had passed since those unforgettable meatless meetings of the young Wagnerians in Vienna, Mahler was in Olmuetz still a vegetarian, claiming bitterly that he went to the restaurant to starve.":Chapter III
- "Keussler is also already here. A splendid fellow. After the Saturday evening rehearsal I'll be joining him for a vegetarian meal. (10 September 1908)";:254 "I'll presumably have to assume the role of 'the flesh pots in the land of Egypt'. Ouch! What a metaphor for a husband with vegetarian inclinations! (June 1909).":272
- 'O consumo de animais é supérfluo, não há razão para continuar a comê-los quando é tão fácil ser vegetariano', comentou Desidério Murcho, filósofo e vegetariano convicto ['The consumption of animals is unnecessary, there is no reason to continue to eat them when it is so easy to be vegetarian,' said Desiderio Murch, philosopher and vegetarian].
- "I advocate eating nutritious food (I'm a vegetarian), working out, being in top form mentally and physically...".:172–173
- (Original Dutch) "De koeien waren moe en zwak, maar werden toch de vrachtwagens ingeschopt en geslagen. Toen heb ik besloten daar niet mee aan mee te werken en vegetariër te worden." (Translation into English) "The cows were tired and weak and were brutally thrown into the trucks. At that point I decided to become a vegetarian and stop supporting this."
- "Plotinus came from somewhere in Egypt and lived a frugal life. He was celibate and vegetarian and took little in the way of food, drink and sleep."
- "Outro autor muito afamado de nossos dias, Raynal, era igualmente sóbrio. A senhora Marquesa de Alorna, que muitas vezes o teve a jantar, me contou, que nunca o vira comer mais que algumas poucas ervas e fruta, nem beber senão água.":281–282
- (Original Dutch) "Of vlees-vrije stijlvolle godinnen als Marly van der Velden, Alyssa Milano, Isa Hoes, Jorinde Moll, Loretta Schrijver [..]" (Translation into English) "Or meat free stylish goddesses like Marly van der Velden, Alyssa Milano, Isa Hoes, Jorinde Moll, Loretta Schrijver [..]"
- "Sextius thought, that there was food enough for man in the world without shedding blood; and that the taking pleasure in butchering helpless animals, only inspired men with cruelty."
- (Original Dutch) "Of ik zelf ook vegetariër ben? [..] Zelf heb ik dat vlees echter niet meer nodig. Bovendien wil ik graag advocaat voor de dieren zijn en u snapt dat ik dan liever niet mijn eigenklanten opeet." (Translation into English) "Whether or not I am a vegetarian myself? [..] I do not to eat meat anymore. In fact, I want to defend the rights of animals (as a lawyer) and I guess you understand I would rather not eat my own clients"
- "Repin's contemporary the prominent sculptor Paolo Trubetskoi was also sympathetic to theosophical ideas and was a vegetarian and confirmed antivivisectionist".
- (Original Dutch) V: "Waarom ben je vegetariër?" A: "'Ik vind het onzin om vlees te eten terwijl er tegenwoordig genoeg vleesvervangers zijn. Vlees eten is ontzettend zielig voor de diertjes. Ik ben dus zeker al twee jaar vegetariër." (Translation into English) Q: "Why are you a vegetarian?" A: "I think there is no sense in eating meat since there are loads of alternatives available. Eating meat, it's so sad for those poor animals. So I have been a vegetarian for at least two years."
- "[..] or Zara Whites, a former Dutch porn actress. The militant vegetarian made a half-naked appearance at the last 'Salon International de l'Agriculture'"[..]
- He (Wright) did not smoke or eat meat, rarely drank alcohol, and exercised with a rare determination".
- Although Louisa May Alcott is in many famous vegetarians lists, she probably wasn't a vegetarian. It appears that although she was raised a vegetarian by her father Amos Bronson Alcott, she didn't maintain that diet. Rynn Berry, an expert on the history of vegetarianism and veganism, wrote: "Whereas Amos Bronson Alcott remained a vegetarian for the rest of his life – refusing to consume milk, eggs, fish, meat, and cheese, or wear leather or woollen clothing – his wife and their four daughters were backsliders."(p133)
- DiCaprio was vegetarian when first meeting Paltrow, though later in life eat meats at a dinner with Tobey Macquire, a vegan.;
- David Duchovny identified as a vegetarian in the late 1990s; however in recent years he has been regarded as a pescetarian.
- "The passage from Gaskell has persuaded many vegetarians that Charlotte Brontë was one of their number. In fact, even as children, the Brontë siblings ate flesh, both according to their father and to the friends. Moreover, the diaries of the Brontë children refer to their meals and their menus, all of which contain a flesh component."(p241)
- Einstein was known to be sympathetic to the vegetarian cause: "Although I have been prevented by outward circumstances from observing a strictly vegetarian diet, I have long been an adherent to the cause in principle." It is also possible that Einstein adopted a vegetarian diet in the final year of his life: a single letter to Hans Muehsam, dated 30 March 1954 states that he was vegetarian; while in a letter to Max Kariel seven months earlier, he said that he was not.
- Although Emerson appears in many un-sourced "Famous Vegetarian" Lists in the internet, he was not a vegetarian: "Once, while Amos Bronson Alcott (a vegetarian) sat at Ralph Waldo Emerson's dinner table, his host discussed the savagery of cannibalism. Emerson was carving a roast as he told his tale. Alcott joked with his nonvegetarian friend: "But Mr. Emerson, if we are to eat meat at all why should we not eat the best?"(p58)
- "Ford, not a vegetarian, was obsessed with soybeans […]"(p157)
- Some sources state that Jobs was pescetarian rather than vegetarian.
- "Ancient sources sometimes identify Plato as a vegetarian, but none of these were his contemporaries, and it is not clear whether their authors knew for a fact that he ate no meat, or were making an assumption based on the vegetarian passages in the Republic and the Laws and the obvious Pythagorean influence in Plato's philosophy."(p33)
- "Another list named Shakespeare, the economic and social theorist Adam Smith (an advocate but not a practitioner), and that avid hunter Prince Charles as "famous vegetarians." There is no evidence to support the vegetarianism of any one of them – and a great deal to indicate otherwise.".(p21)"Even Shakespeare who was no vegetarian was burlesquing the Pythagorean theory of reincarnation […]"(p4)
- Norm Phelps argues that Socrates was not a vegetarian.(pp32–33)
- And numerous lists of vegetarians include both Henry David Thoreau and Charles Darwin, neither of whom gave up flesh or claimed to do so."
- Mark Twain is on many famous vegetarian lists, however these lists fail to provide evidence to substantiate the claim. Shelley Fisher Fishkin, the editor of The Mark Twain's Book of Animals writes that "Twain was not a vegetarian himself".
- Lilli Lehmann, My Path Through Life (1914): "We stayed to a meal with the Wagners, during which he talked much about vegetarianism that he wanted to adopt entirely, but his physician was opposed to it. After what I know of it to-day from my own experience, I am certain that Wagner, without going to the extremes of vegetarianism, would have found it a means of lengthening his life."
- Mentioned in Dilbert: A Treasury of Sunday Strips
- "Verkiezing van de meest sexy vegtariër 2007 (Vrouwen): Nominaties vrouwen 2007" (in Dutch). Wakker Dier. 2007. Archived from the original on 16 February 2008. Retrieved 26 April 2008.
- Murphy, Danny (3 February 2016). "Diversifying Metal With Lamb of God". vegasseven.com. Archived from the original on 5 February 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Arioch, David (15 January 2017). "Agathocles: "Por que matar animais quando há muitas alternativas de comida saudável ao seu redor?". DavidArioch.com (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 16 January 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- C.V. Raman: A Biography. Penguin Books India. 2011. p. 18. ISBN 9780143066897.
- Schwartz, R. H., 2001. Judaism and Vegetarianism. New revised edition. Lantern Books.
- The Extra Stuff (13 April 2010). "Everything You Wanted to Know about 'Glee'!". Warner Bros. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Dianna Agron profile, Marie Claire UK, Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Iacobbo & Iacobbo, 2004. Vegetarian America: A History, Praeger.
- Akasha Richmond, Hollywood Dish: More Than 150 Delicious, Healthy Recipes from Hollywood's Chef to the Stars, Avery Publishing Group, 2006 p. 114.
- LIFE – Vol.24, N.º 19, 10 Mai 1948, p. 132.
- ""I no Longer Steal from Nature"". Humanistic Texts. Archived from the original on 27 November 2016. Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- Glancey, Jonathan (12 April 1996). "Bring me your young, your disenchanted". The Independent. London.
- William Alcott, The Vegetable Diet As Sanctioned by Medical Men and By Experience in All Ages, New York, 1859.
- Gricourt, Nicolas (29 September 2010). "A Spiritual Interview with Michael Amott". Radiometal.com. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "And Then There Were None". Tooth & Nail Records. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Gourlay, Dom (29 March 2013). "Label Profile: Labrador Records". Drowned in Sound. Archived from the original on 26 July 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "About Me".
- Roberts, H., 2004. Vegetarian Christian Saints, Anjeli Press.
- "Life of St. Antony".
- Uribe R., Ignacia (25 December 2012). "SIN CHORIPÁN: Alex Anwandter". www.vegetarianoschile.cl (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 28 June 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Walters, K. S. & Portmess, L., eds., 2001. Religious Vegetarianism from Hesiod to the Dalai Lama, State University of New York Press.
- Miller, Gerri (21 November 2007). "Christina Applegate Poses for Revealing PETA Card". Time Inc. Archived from the original on 29 March 2011. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "Christina Applegate: "Fur: Get Me Not!"". People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. 2007. Archived from the original on 21 April 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- "What's the story with Johnny Appleseed?".
- Newell Dwight Hillis, The Quest of John Chapman: The Story of a Forgotten Hero, The Macmillan Company, 1904
- Wheatley, Jane (19 June 2004). "I want to be by myself". The Times. London.
- Jae-Ha Kim (18 January 2011). "Go Away With … Olafur Arnalds".
- WENN (5 January 2010). "Ashcroft's Christmas Turkey Surprise". contactmusic.com.
- Berry, R., 2003. Famous Vegetarians, Pythagorean Publishers.
- Phelps, N., 2007. The Longest Struggle: Animal Advocacy from Pythagoras to PETA, Lantern Books.
- Gregerson, J., 1994. Vegetarianism: A History, Jain Publishing Company.
- Roberts, H., 2006. The Vegetarian Philosophy of Índia, Anjeli Press.
- "Prominente Vegetarier – Fleischlos glücklich – Bild 4 – Leben". sueddeutsche.de. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "Die Zukunft isst vegetarisch". Vegetarisch-geniessen.com. Archived from the original on 7 March 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "Matcha Steamed Buns (Gluten Free)". www.emilieautumn.com. Emilie Autumn's Rolling Scone. 31 August 2014. Archived from the original on 4 February 2016. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Thaila Ayala sobre casaco de pele: 'Não vamos vestir a morte'" [Thaila Ayala on fur coat: "We will not put on death"] (in Portuguese). ANDA Agência de Notícias de Direitos Animais. 7 November 2011. Archived from the original on 15 May 2012. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Satnam Interview with Amitabh Bachchan". Archived from the original on 31 May 2009.
- Rakshit, Nayandeep (6 February 2018). "Interview | Vidya Balan: There should be equality in marriage". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "EVA – Nic Balthazar (Interview)". Archived from the original on 23 August 2011.
- Pollack, Hilary (6 June 2013). "VegNews Music Week: Converge's Jacob Bannon's Ethical Arsenal". VegNews. Archived from the original on 4 July 2014. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Animal Testing". RTÉ Radio 1. 21 August 2017. When the subject of eating meat was raised (from about 3 minutes in), Banville responded: "I don't" (at exactly 3 minutes and 28 seconds).
- Lilian Regato Garrafa (3 May 2011). "Arnaldo Dias Baptista torna-se embaixador da ANDA e se alia à defesa dos animais" [Arnaldo Dias Baptista becomes ambassador of ANDA and is allied to the defense of animals]. Anda.jor.br (in Portuguese). Brazil: Agência de Notícias de Direitos Animais (ANDA). Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Biography (TV Programme), unknown date. CBS News, A&E Network.
- Lewis, Roz (4 July 2017). "Samantha Barks's New York: 'It's a fiery city, with attitude'". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 4 July 2017. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Wright, James (28 July 2007). "Interview with Rise Against drummer Brandon Barnes". PureGrainAudio.com. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- Preece, R. ed., 2002 Awe for the Tiger, Love for the Lamb: A Chronicle of Sensibility to Animals. Routledge.
- Cousens, Gabriel (2000). Conscious eating. Berkeley, California: North Atlantic Books. p. 413. ISBN 1-55643-285-2.
- "Spiritual Traditions and Vegetarianism". Archived from the original on 2 May 2009.
- "Battiato: 'Una scelta di vita aiuta il corpo e la mente'". la Repubblica (in Italian). Rome. 25 June 2008. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Holleman, Joe (28 February 2016). "Spotlight: Beatle Bob hits concert for 7,000th straight night". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Archived from the original on 15 July 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Jeff Beck interview in The Guitar Magazine". June 1993.
- Yücel, Ilker (12 January 2016). "The Mute Gods InterView: Embrace the Things that Frighten". regenmag.com. Archived from the original on 17 January 2016. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
Actually, since doing that interview, I have become a complete vegetarian; I dont even eat fish now as I did then. [...]
- Young, Bob (21 June 2007). "Raja's beef? There is none". The Arizona Republic. Archived from the original on 20 July 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2007.
- "Brie Bella: An Exclusive Chat With The Star Of 'Total Divas'". CRAVE. 15 March 2016. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- "Model of the Day: Lexi Belle". Hustlerworld.com. 26 April 2010. Archived from the original on 21 August 2010. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Kelly, Kim (23 September 2016). "No Guts, No Glory: How Bolt Thrower's Jo Bench Inspired a Generation of Metal Musicians". Noisey. Archived from the original on 25 August 2018. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- Wintour, Patrick (6 August 2007). "Vegetarian minister faces big task in winning farmers' trust". The Guardian. London.
- "J.D. Beresford, who died early this year at the age of seventy-four, was for the last eight years of his life, a confirmed vegetarian." Review of "The Gift" by J.D. Beresford and Esmé Wynne-Tyson, The Vegetarian News magazine, Winter 1947.
- "Elizabeth Berkley: The Original Lettuce Lady". Archived from the original on 14 April 2009. Retrieved 7 May 2009.
- "PETA UK: Traci Bingham Gets to the Meat of the Matter". Archived from the original on 20 January 2009.
- Meyer-Renschhausen, Elisabeth; Wirz, Albert (1999). "Dietetics, Health Reform and Social Order: Vegetarianism as a Moral Physiology. The Example of Maximilian Bircher-Benner (1867-1939)" (PDF). Medical History. Cambridge University Press (43): 338. Archived (PDF) from the original on 23 September 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
In his own dietary habits Bircher-Benner was very circumspect. He waited until 1927, when he was almost sixty, before he made public his personal abstention from meat, [...]
- Midgley, Carol (27 July 2011). "Interview: John Bishop". Radio Times. Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "John tells his parents he's a vegetarian". John Bishop's Britain, Series 2, Food. BBC One. 6 August 2011. Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "Bishop, Cole Sexiest Vegetarians," Belfast Telegraph, 30 December 2013.
- "Navy's Chief of Chaplains' Concerns Include the Worldly, as Well as Divine". Los Angeles Times. The Washington Post. 15 December 2000. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Black, Barry (22 June 2007). "Chaplain Barry Black Extended Interview". Religion & Ethics Newsweekly (Interview). Interviewed by Kim Lawton. PBS. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "Scoop: TV Star Goes Green for PETA's Ad Campaign". Scoop Media. 20 November 2007.
- Hattenstone, Simon (10 August 2014). "Tony Blackburn: 'John Peel looked upon me as the devil for some reason'". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 11 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- Whittaker, Richard (15 January 2012). "Ready Not to Fall: Rise Against guitarist Zach Blair talks success and Straight Edge". The Austin Chronicle. Austin, Texas. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "TJR WWE Network Table for 3 Review with Trish Stratus, Lita and Alexa Bliss - TJR Wrestling". tjrwrestling.net.
- Toorn-Van Dam, Martine van den, 1970. De waarheid over het vegetarisme. 3rd ed. Emmen, Netherlands: Stichting De Ark.
- Atout, Alicia (26 February 2018). "Gimme Your Answers 4: A Video Interview w/ Blessthefall" (video). Amusicblogyea.com. Toronto, Canada. Event occurs at 11:36. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "Dancing With the (Compassionate) Stars". PETA. 31 August 2010.
- Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya: life and work. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. 1987. p. 110.
- David C. Nieman (19 December 2006). "Vegetarian diets, when properly planned, provide all the nutrients you need". Asheville Citizen-Times. Archived from the original on 7 July 2012. Retrieved 25 December 2008.
- Street Fight (film), 2005. Directed by Marshall Curry. Marshall Curry Productions LLC.
- Waxman, Olivia (28 June 2013). "Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Are PETA's Sexiest Celebrity Vegetarians". Time. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- C. W. Leadbeater, Vegetarianism and Occultism, 1913, p. 24-25.
- Sarah Schmid Stevenson (4 January 2018). "E-mail Pioneer Borenstein Sees Hope, Flaws in Chaotic Tech Industry". Xconomy.com. Archived from the original on 5 January 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Nathanial Borenstein '80, Doctor of Science". Grinnell.edu. 1 June 2013. Archived from the original on 31 December 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Kjente og berømte vegetarianere" (in Norwegian). Vegetar.com. Archived from the original on 11 October 2008. Retrieved 19 February 2010.
- Neefjes, Carine (23 October 2006). "Wouter Bos: De man die zondags tofoe snijdt" [Wouter Bos: The man who cuts Sunday tofu] (in Dutch). wouterbos.nl. Archived from the original on 14 October 2007. Retrieved 16 April 2008.
- "Profile: Jonathan "Jock" Boyer". Bicycling (bicycling.com). 2 February 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2010.[dead link][dead link]
- "Silverstein". Peta. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Mogwai's Stuart Braithwaite: Animals Will Never Die for My Dinner". Peta UK. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Roger Lipsey, 2004. The Spiritual in Twentieth-Century Art. Dover Publications.
- "Justin Lee Brannan Official website". Archived from the original on 5 August 2018. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- Gelder, Geertemarie de (21 November 2005). "Het zangzaad van Coldplay" (in Dutch). Kennislink. Retrieved 21 April 2008.
- "peta.de about Eva Briegel's participation in their Go Veggie campaign, 2006" (in German). Archived from the original on 8 January 2009.
- Hou, Kathleen (27 February 2015). "Christie Brinkley on Latte Art, Wellness, and Cheese". www.thecut.com. New York: New York. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Interview transcript: Peter Brock". Enough Rope with Andrew Denton. 18 July 2005. Archived from the original on 1 August 2009. Retrieved 1 April 2009.
- "House of Lords Debate: Live Food Amimals for Slaughter". Hansard. 5. 397. cc387. 7 December 1978. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
Lord BROCKWAY: My Lords, perhaps I should begin by declaring an interest. I am a vegetarian and I have been so for 70 years...
- Preece, Rod (2011). Animal Sensibility and Inclusive Justice in the Age of Bernard Shaw. UBC Press. p. 188. ISBN 978-0-7748-2111-7.
Several Labour Party members of Parliament ... espoused both "bread and cheese" socialism and vegetarianism, when Independent Labour and Labour had at least formally parted ways. Foremost among them was the pacifist Fenner Brockway ...
- "He's HAGAR The Horribly Nice Guy; Cartoonist Chris is set to make his hero a TV superstar". Sunday Mail. Glasgow, Scotland. 5 October 1997. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Internationale sexy-peta verkiezing: chris martin en carrie underwood" (in Dutch). Wakker dier. 20 March 2006. Archived from the original on 30 June 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2008.
- Romero Sala, Mar (2 June 2018). "Aterciopelados: "Seguimos siendo los mismos, irreverentes, rebeldes, niños"". EFE (in Spanish). Bogotá. Archived from the original on 9 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Bautista, Berenice (30 September 2016). "Los Aterciopelados viven un nuevo florecer". Chicago Tribune (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 31 July 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
Echeverri no es vegetariana; Buitrago sí, aunque no vegano.
- Atout, Alicia (9 October 2015). "Interview with Bully" (video). Amusicblogyea.com. Event occurs at 5:26. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Wild Woman of Rock!". Viva!. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "George Burdi exclusive interview pt. 1". Veriyhteys.com. November – December 2017. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- The Vegetarian Resource Group. "Vegetarianism and Tennis: A Natural Partnership". Archived from the original on 5 July 2008. Retrieved 5 March 2008.
- Tanith, Carey "MOTHERING HEIGHTS; Kate Bush has a baby but lives like a virtual recluse", Daily Mirror, 17 July 2000
- Amanda Hearst (18 May 2011). "Lunching with Lauren Bush at Vegetarian Restaurant Candle 79". Marie Claire. Archived from the original on 22 April 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Lauren Bush Fighting American Childhood Obesity and World Hunger at the Same Time". FOX News. 6 August 2010. Archived from the original on 12 August 2010. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "PETA names presidential niece Lauren Bush "sexiest vegetarian alive"". Chicago Tribune. 16 July 2003. Archived from the original on 22 April 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Peta's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2011 – Past Winners". 2011. Archived from the original on 22 April 2012.
- Godes, Patricia (25 February 2012). "Así es como Mecano esquiva su leyenda". El País (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 1 March 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- "If I ruled the world – Julia Carling, television presenter". The Scotsman. 4 October 2004. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- "Belinda Carlisle: Go-Go Vegetarian". Peta.org. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Inside the home (and mind) of world chess champion Magnus Carlsen". Financial Times. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Spencer, C., 2002. Vegetarianism: A History, Four Walls Eight Windows.
- Junu Bryan Kim (June 1990). "In Good Hands". Vegetarian Times. p. 34.
- Fanni Tutti, Cosey (4 April 2017). Art Sex Music. Faber and Faber. p. 206. ISBN 978-0571328543.
Jim at Wax Trax! had assumed me and Chris [Carter] were vegetarian and asked us to contribute a track [for 1987 Animal Liberation]. We weren’t vegetarian until that envelope arrived, but we have been ever since.
- P. Carton, La Vie saine, 190 Commentaires sur les Vers d'Or des Pythagoriciens, 1918; P. Carton, Traité de médecine, d'alimentation et d'hygiène naturistes, 1920; P. Carton, Le Naturisme dans Sénèque, 1922, etc.
- Ranscombe, Siân (17 April 2015). "Cathy Cassidy: 'There is a huge responsibility in being an agony aunt'". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 20 April 2015. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- Morrow, Terry (23 June 2007). "Voice of Homer Simpson leads his own, simple life". The Albuquerque Tribune. Archived from the original on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2009.
- Pajares, Gonzalo (20 January 2014). "No siento que trabaje porque me gusta mucho lo que hago". Perú.21 (in Spanish). Lima, Peru. Archived from the original on 18 August 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- Hill, Corbie (6 August 2014). "Ceschi out on parole". clclt.com. Creative Loafing Charlotte. Archived from the original on 15 September 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Archived copy" 吃素，很酷，新的潮流. 茹素 Magazine (in Chinese). Hong Kong: Club O, Hong Kong Vegetarian Society. April 2008. Archived from the original on 9 July 2010. Retrieved 12 February 2010.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Elizalde, Teresa. "Agustina Cherri: "Volvería a elegir a Gastón cada segundo de mi vida"". Revista OHLALÁ! (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 11 April 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "La dieta de los hijos de Agustina Cherri: "En mi hogar no hay gaseosas, dulces, ni lácteos"" (in Spanish). Todo Noticias. 26 January 2014. Archived from the original on 28 January 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
-  Archived 12 March 2009 at the Wayback Machine(in Chinese); Translated Version
- Juddery, Mark (21 April 2007). "The World on His Shoulders – The Incredible Strength of Sri Chinmoy". The Australian Vegetarian Society. Archived from the original on 10 October 2007.
- "The Academy Is' Michael Guy Chislett". Nicole Nuss, peta2. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- McCartney, Jenny (10 March 2002). "Julie Christie has done us no favours". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- DeSilver, Drew; Ford, Liam T.A. (December 1988). "Checklist". Vegetarian Times. Active Interest Media, Inc.: 38.
- "A Life in the Day: Alexa Chung". The Times. London. 12 October 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- Vuurboom, Jeroen (22 December 2000). "De Nederlandse Vegetariërsbond" (in Dutch). Jeroen Vuurbom on XS4all.nl. Retrieved 28 April 2008.
- Sue Coe, Dead Meat, Four Walls Eight Windows, 1996.
- Coetzee, J.M., 2007. Diary of a Bad Year, Penguin Books.
- "Animals can't speak for themselves – it's up to us to do it, by J. M. Coetzee". The Age. Melbourne. 22 February 2007.
- Richard Schwartz (ed.). "Rabbinic Teachings on Vegetarianism".
- Lewis Porter, John Coltrane: His Life and Music, The University of Michigan Press, pp. 253–254, 274.
- Condell, Pat. "Godless and Meatless". patcondell.net. Archived from the original on 5 March 2009. Retrieved 16 March 2009.
- Rainey, Lee Dian (2010). Confucius & Confucianism: the essentials. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons. p. 15. ISBN 978-1-4051-8841-8.
- Rose, Stewart D. (2007). The Vegetarian Solution: Your Answer to Cancer, Heart Disease, Global Warming, and More. Book Publishing Company. p. 123. ISBN 978-1-57067-205-7.
- In his Ethical Treatment of Animals in Early Chinese Buddhism: Beliefs and Practices(Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2014), Pu Chengzhong writes that Confucius “never prohibited the killing of animals, nor was he against eating meat” (p. 53), and also that he considered that “vegetables were not good enough to be used” in sacrifices, and that the flesh and blood of animals needed to be sacrificed instead (p. 11).
- Margaret R. Sáraco (Spring 1996). "Where Feminism Rocks" (PDF). On the Issues. p. 28. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2 January 2011. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- Daniel Boffey (15 August 2015). "Jeremy Corbyn's world: his friends, supporters, mentors and influences". The Observer.
- Lapointe, Kyle (29 October 2015). "Get Ready For Halloween: Interview With Cancer Bats". montrealrampage.com. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- Balshaw, Rita (13 February 2017). "A Day on a Plate with… Isabelle Cornish". Hippiesinthecity.com. Archived from the original on 9 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
I was a strict vegan for many years. But now I consume biodynamic eggs and sustainably farmed goats cheeses and yogurt.
- Mensonides, Frans (1 October 2006). "Kannibalisme op glijdende schaal; Eetgeenvlees van Hugo Brandt Corstius" (in Dutch). Fransmensonides.nl. Retrieved 3 May 2008.
- Paumgarten, Nick (8 November 2010). "Brilliant Mistake: Elvis Costello's boundless career". The New Yorker. pp. 48–59. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- Stuart, T. 2006. "The Bloodless Revolution", W. W. Norton & Company.
- Marr, Andrew (2009). A History of Modern Britain. Pan Macmillan. p. 19. ISBN 978-0-330-51329-6.
Sir Stafford Cripps was an intensely religious vegetarian, brilliant lawyer and sometime Marxist
- Preece, Rod (2011). Animal Sensibility and Inclusive Justice in the Age of Bernard Shaw. UBC Press. p. 189. ISBN 978-0-7748-2111-7.
another Labour minister Sir Stafford Cripps, a renegade from the Conservative Party, was also a vegetarian, but, at least in the first instance, it was predicated on health grounds...
- Kent-Einar Myreng (20 November 2014). "Tar gjerne imot grisehoder". ITromsø (in Norwegian). Archived from the original on 24 March 2015. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "Norwegian Black Metallers MAYHEM Comment On Controversial GATES OF METAL Appearance". Blabbermouth.net. 10 August 2006. Archived from the original on 30 August 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "The Camera's Cusp: Alfonso Cuarón Takes Filmmaking to a New Extreme With Gravity". www.vulture.com. London: New York. 22 September 2013. Archived from the original on 25 September 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "The Official Site of Rivers Cuomo". Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- The Vegetarian (Autumn 1994). "Obituary – Peter Cushing OBE". Vegetarian Society. Archived from the original on 5 December 1998. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Interview with PETA2".
- "Interview with Johnny Davis in The Guardian". London. 26 October 2006.
- "PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Winners Cause Global Warming". Archived from the original on 17 June 2009.
- Müntz, Eugène (1898), Leonardo da Vinci. Artist, Thinker, and Man of Science. Volume 1. London: William Heinemann. p. 17.
- Weitzmann, C. F. 1897. A History of Pianoforte-playing and Pianoforte-literature. New York.
- "Jeru the Damaja – Out There (interview)". Archived from the original on 15 April 2009.
- Smyers, Darryl (4 December 2012). "John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats Talks Denton, Taco Bell and Breaking Bad". Dallas Observer. Archived from the original on 23 August 2018. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- Williams, H., 2003. The Ethics of Diet : A Catena of Authorities Deprecatory of the Practice of Flesh-eating, University of Illinois Press.
- Suoheimo, Simo (29 June 2018). "Superhero Podcast #10 Zsombor Deak, Pro Ironman - Mastering Triathlon, Endurance and Life" (audio and text). Ambronite.com (Podcast). Archived from the original on 31 December 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- Dear, John (8 July 2008). "The only diet for a peacemaker is a vegetarian diet". National Catholic Reporter. Archived from the original on 19 September 2015. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "The Fuelling of a Champion: Lizzie Deignan". Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "Lana Del Rey". Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- Wright, Jeb (July 2003). "Classic Rock Revisited presents an exclusive interview with... Brad Delp of Boston". Thirdstage.ca. Archived from the original on 6 May 2017. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Aitana será la única hija de Eugenio Derbez y Alessandra". La Opinión (in Spanish). 3 May 2014. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Jon Wynne-Tyson (comp.), The Extended Circle: A Dictionary of Human Thought, Centaur Press, London, 2009, p. 77.
- "Verkiezing van de meest sexy vegetariër 2007 (vrouwen)" (in Dutch). Wakker dier. Archived from the original on 16 February 2008. Retrieved 19 April 2008.
- Clarke, Dionne (3 February 2016). "Getting To Know: Chicago Med's Torrey DeVitto". Bellalamag.com. Archived from the original on 23 February 2016. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Torrey DeVitto: Actor talks about living a cruelty-free lifestyle". All Animals. The Humane Society of the United States. 19 October 2016. Archived from the original on 20 October 2016. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
There are times when I eat something and I didn’t know it was made with eggs, and I don’t beat myself up. I try to do the best that I can. I’m 100-percent vegan in my fashion.
- Österberg, David (4 May 2015). "En allvarligare Di Leva". Mitti.se (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 9 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Julieta Díaz: "La presión por la maternidad no es solo de afuera"". Revista Ohlalá! (in Spanish). Barrio Norte, Buenos Aires. Archived from the original on 29 November 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- Mosh, Josh (25 May 2011). "RADIOACTIVE SUSHI FOREVER! A chat with hardcore legend Dave Dictor". ThrashHead.com. Archived from the original on 13 June 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
...To me being a 35 year long vegetarian...
- "Peter Dinklage: The 'Station Agent' With a Heart of Gold". Archived from the original on 25 August 2007. Retrieved 11 September 2007.
- "peta2 // Out There // The World's Sexiest Vegetarians Are ..."
- "Jay McGuiness and Eliza Doolittle voted sexiest vegetarians!". Hearst Magazines UK. 28 June 2011. Archived from the original on 19 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Meet the 2011 Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity Winners". People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals Foundation. 2011. Archived from the original on 19 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Eliza Doolittle And Jay Mcguiness Sexiest Vegetarians". First Active Media Ltd. 11 July 2011. Archived from the original on 19 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Pavey, Sasha, "David D'Or interview; WOMADelaide Festival 2008", SBS World View Program – 6/13/08 Archived 13 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Galy-Ramounot, Marion (7 November 2016). "Julien Doré : "Les hommes m'exaspèrent vite"". Le Figaro (in French). Paris. Archived from the original on 8 November 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Perrieux, Julie (2 July 2014). "Julien Doré: " Ce qui me pose problème, c'est l'élevage intensif "". Vegemag.fr (in French). Archived from the original on 7 July 2014. Retrieved 9 August 2018.