Live and Let Live (2013 film)
|Live and Let Live|
|Directed by||Marc Pierschel|
|Produced by||Marc Pierschel|
|Written by||Marc Pierschel|
|Music by||Cars and Trains|
Live and Let Live is a 2013 documentary film by German filmmaker and director Marc Pierschel. The film follows several vegan activists and interviews vegan proponents. The documentary explores the reasons for adopting veganism and how people live according to this lifestyle.
The documentary film examines the relationship that humans have with animal by following six different individuals who moved to veganism for different reasons. With, for example, a butcher who became a vegan chef, a factory farmer who started a farm sanctuary, a professional athlete who changed his complete diet, and activists for the animal rights movement Animal Equality. Besides the film explores the history of veganism and the ethical, environmental and health reasons why people become vegan by interviewing proponents of the vegan movement.
In 2014 the movie, among other places, was screened on the 19th Milano Film Festival, Tage des unabhängigen Films in Augsburg and the Utopianale Filmfestival in Hannover. It became an official selection of Crossroads Film Festival, and was nominated for a 'Cosmic Angel' at the Cosmic Cine Film Festival.
The documentary stars the notable appearance of Jonathan Balcombe (ethologist and biologist); T. Colin Campbell (professor of nutritional biochemistry and writer of The China Study); Melanie Joy (sociologist and psychologist, on the ideology of carnism); Will Potter (journalist and author of Green Is The New Red); Peter Singer (professor of bioethics); Tom Regan (distinguished professor of philosophy on animal rights); Gary Francione (distinguished professor of law on 'abolitionism'); George Rodger (chair of The Vegan Society); and Jack Lindquist (professional track cyclist and vegan).
- World Premiere announced!. letlivefilm.com, 10 October 2013, seen on 1 March 2015
- Matthias Kampmann, Live And Let Live – Punktlandung zur Weltpremiere des Films über Veganismus. Vegannews.de, 4. November 2013, seen on 1 March 2015
- Fabian Elsässer, Corso-Gespräch: Leben und Leben lassen. deutschlandfunk, 30 May 2014
- Michael Banks, 'Live and Let Live:' The intersection of animals and society. The Red and Black, 21 February 2015, seen on 1 March 2015
- Sabine Kampmann, Live And Let Live – Das Interview mit Marc Pierschel kurz vor der Premiere. vegannews.de, 13 October 2013, seen on 1 March 2015
- Live and Let Live. Milano Film Festival - 4–14 September 2014, seen on 1 March 2015
- 24. Tage des unabhängigen Films Augsburg 2014: Di, 6.5. bis So, 11.5.2014 Archived 2015-02-06 at the Wayback Machine. Filmtage-augsburg.de, d.d., seen on 10 March 2015
- Screenings. Letlivefilm.com, seen on 1 March 2015
- Live and let Live: Nominiert für Cosmic Angel 2014. Newsage.de, seen on 1 March 2015
- letlivefilm.com, seen on 1 March 2015
- cast. Letlivefilm.com, seen on 1 March 2015