Almshouses in Llanrhaeadr. The inscription reads that Lord Bagot, great great nephew of the foundress, repaired and improved the houses in 1820.
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Llanrhaeadr-yng-Nghinmeirch is a village and local government community in Denbighshire, Wales, including the villages of Llanrhaeadr and Pentre Llanrhaear and several hamlets and part of Mynydd Hiraethog. It lies in the Vale of Clwyd near the A525 road between Denbigh and Ruthin. It was also known under the anglicised spellings of Llanrhaiadr in Kinmerch in the nineteenth century, and Llanrhaiadr yn Cinmerch, officially until 6 September 1968. The Community population taken at the 2011 census was 1,038.
The medieval parish church of St Dyfnog contains a Tree of Jesse window, dating from 1533, described as "the finest glass window in all Wales, exceeded by few in England", which was originally part of Basingwerk Abbey near Holywell. Nearby is St Dyfnog's Well, once a destination for pilgrims.
There is a primary school in a comparatively modern building, and the 16th-century King's Head public house in the village centre.
- "Ruthin Registration District", GENUKI, accessed 22 July 2009
- "Relationships / unit history of Llanrhaeadr yng Nghinmeirch"[permanent dead link], Vision of Britain, accessed 23 July 2009
- "Community population 2011". Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Llanrhaeadr-yng-Nghinmeirch", accessed 13 June 2009
- "the Parish of Llanrhaeadr-yng-Nghinmeirch" Archived 2011-06-07 at the Wayback Machine, The Church in Wales website, accessed 13 June 2009
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 24 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Llanrhaeadr-yng-Nghinmeirch.|
- St Dyfnog's Church, Llanrhaeadr, accessed 13 June 2009
|This Denbighshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|