London Buses route 328
|Start||Golders Green station|
|End||Chelsea World's End|
Route 328 commenced operating on 29 May 1999 between Golders Green station and Chelsea via West Hampstead, Kilburn, Maida Hill, Notting Hill Gate, Kensington High Street and Earl's Court. It was initially operated by First London's Westbourne Park garage with Marshall Capital bodied Dennis Darts. It replaced parts of routes 28 and 31.
Early enthusiasm for hybrid vehicle technology, in which all or part of the motive power is provided by electricity rather than directly by the engine, saw a number of small batches of experimental vehicles ordered. One of the routes selected for trials was route 328.
When next re-tendered, the route was retained by First London with a new contract commencing on 30 April 2011. In October 2011, it moved from Westbourne Park to Atlas Road garage while the former was partially closed to make way for Elizabeth line construction works.
On 22 June 2013, route 328 was included in the sale of First London's Atlas Road garage to Tower Transit. With the closure of Atlas Road garage, route 328 returned to Westbourne Park in June 2017.
- On 21 June 2004, A female bus driver on route 328 was shot in the stomach with a nail gun on Great Western Road.
- On 27 February 2008, a young woman was hit by a northbound 328 near St Mary Abbots on Kensington Church Street.
- Golders Green station
- West Hampstead West End Green
- West Hampstead station
- Kilburn High Road station
- Kilburn Park station
- Maida Hill
- Westbourne Park station
- Notting Hill Gate station
- High Street Kensington station
- Earl's Court station
- Chelsea World's End
- Tender losses for Go-Ahead and Tower Transit Buses issue 751 October 2017 page 21
- "Route 328 - award announced 24 October 2003". Transport for London. 24 October 2003. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- New hybrid buses unveiled for London fleet Transport for London 2 December 2008
- "Route 328 - award announced 12 July 2010". Transport for London. 12 July 2010. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- Fleet News Buses issue 750 September 2017 page 78
- FirstGroup Announces Sale of Eight London Bus Depots FirstGroup 9 April 2013
- Tower Transit announces First Group partial acquisition Archived 22 June 2013 at the Wayback Machine Transit Systems 9 April 2013
- Date set for Aussie takeover of London bus routes Australasian Bus & Coach 14 June 2013
- "Black woman bus driver is shot with nail gun". The Daily Telegraph. 22 June 2004. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "Woman is crushed by bus in Kensington". Evening Standard. 28 February 2008. Retrieved 18 November 2013.