The Granby Inn, Longframlington
|Population||1,032 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North East England|
Longframlington is a small village in Northumberland, England, located on the A697, 11 miles (18 km) north-west of Morpeth and 5 miles (8 km) south-east of Rothbury. Longframlington is a former pit village and on the site of the pit now stands Fram Park, a log cabin holiday park. The village was previously the site of the Longframlington Music Festival.
A branch of the Roman road, Dere Street, known as the Devil's Causeway, passes close by Longframlington, and the mounds visible on the Hall Hill in the angle of the Pauperhaugh and Weldon Bridge roads may be those of a Roman camp.
The church of St Mary the Virgin dates from the late 12th century and until 1891 was a chapel of ease to Felton; since that date Longframlington has been an independent parish. The church was carefully restored in the late 19th century retaining its fine Norman chancel arch.
The church is identified as being dedicated to St. Laurence on maps of Longframlington shown on website Communities.Northumberland.gov.uk (Longframlington - Ordnance maps) dated 1897 and 1920.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Longframlington.|
- The Swarland Chronicles: Independent Online Magazine
- GENUKI (Accessed: 17 November 2008)
- Northumberland Communities (Accessed: 17 November 2008)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|This Northumberland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|