Lucas Rodríguez (footballer, born 1986)
|Full name||Lucas Rodríguez|
|Date of birth||February 8, 1986|
|Place of birth||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Kansas City Comets|
|2006–2007||Johnson County Cavaliers|
|2008–2009||Kansas City Brass||12||(2)|
|2010–2013||Minnesota United FC||61||(7)|
|2010–||Kansas City Comets (indoor)||158||(101)|
|2015||Jacksonville Armada FC||18||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 March 2019|
College and Amateur
Rodríguez spent his early childhood up in his native Argentina, before coming to the United States when he was 11 years old, settling in Lenexa, Kansas and played in this time for the KC Pace soccer club. He attended Shawnee Mission Northwest High School, and after attending Johnson County Community College for two years, moved to MidAmerica Nazarene University in Olathe, Kansas. He played two more years of college soccer at Mid America Nazarene, where in his senior year Rodríguez led his team to the Heart of America Athletic Conference (HAAC) Championship while being named the HAAC's Most Valuable Player, and garnering HAAC First Team and Third-Team All-America honors.
Undrafted out of college, Rodríguez signed his first professional contract in 2010 when he was signed by the NSC Minnesota Stars of the USSF Division 2 Professional League in May. He made his professional debut on July 14, 2010 in a game against AC St. Louis, and scored his first professional goal on September 24, 2010 in Minnesota's last regular season game of the 2010 season, a 3-1 win over FC Tampa Bay.
Rodriguez signed with the Kansas City Comets of the Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) for the 2010-2011 season. He played in 17 games scoring six goals and seven assists. His play was good enough to earn him the MISL Rookie of the Year award.
Rodriguez returned to the Kansas City Comets of the new Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) for the 2016-17 season.
- Formerly known as NSC Minnesota Stars and Minnesota Stars FC prior to 2013.
- Formerly known as Missouri Comets until the 2016–17 season.
- Alumni - College Archived 2009-01-05 at the Wayback Machine
- http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2009/22339.html#STATS Archived 2010-04-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Brazilian Geison Moura and Argentinean Lucas Rodrigue Added to NSC Stars Roster[permanent dead link]
- Former MidAmerica Nazarene's Rodriguesz Signed by NSC Minnesota Stars
- "Armada FC continues to build player fleet with Argentinian duo Ortiz and Rodriguez". Jacksonville Armada FC. Retrieved 4 April 2015.