|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
Lurugan is one of the 31 barangays of Valencia City, Bukidnon. It is bounded by Mount Nebo in the west, San Carlos in the east, the municipality of Lantapan in the north, and Tugaya and Barobo in the south.
During the American Occupation of the Philippines, this area was part of Lurugan Valley, where the first Secretary of the Interior, Dean C. Worcester, established his own ranch in 1921. This was aside from the 10,000 hectares he acquired near Diklum for AMPHILCO (American Philippine Company). After his death, his son Frederick managed the ranch. Based on the topography of the place, Lurugan Valley also included Kisalom, which is now part of Mountain View College.
It was described in 1922 by the Bureau of Agriculture as having a "billowy plain" to its east towards Mailag, "more pronounced hills covered with heavy cogon and secondary forests" to its southwest up to Guinoyuran, and a "wide belt of virgin forest" to its northwest.
- Political Map of Valencia City (2002).""Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2011-02-03. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)"
- Edward Weber and Kathryn Beam (1998). American Involvement in the Philippines 1880-1930: An Exhibition. p. 14.
- P. J. Wester (1922). Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago: Their Natural Resources and Opportunities for Development. p. 28.
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|