M-132 (Michigan highway)
M-132 highlighted in red
|Maintained by MSHD|
|Length||7.471 mi (12.023 km)|
|West end||Main Street in Dexter|
|East end||US 12 in Ann Arbor|
M-132 was the designation of a former state trunkline highway in the Lower Peninsula of the US state of Michigan near Ann Arbor. The highway, commissioned in 1929, connected Ann Arbor and Dexter to the northwest along present-day Dexter–Ann Arbor Road. The roadway was turned back to local control around 1960.
Beginning at the intersection of Main Street and Baker Road in downtown Dexter, M-132 ran southeasterly along Main Street through town. Upon reaching the city limits, the highway became Dexter–Ann Arbor Road. It ran southeast across rural Washtenaw County through fields before entering Ann Arbor where it followed Dexter Avenue and terminated at US Highway 12 (US 12, Huron Street/Jackson Avenue).
M-132 was commissioned in 1929 between Dexter and Ann Arbor; at the time it was created, it was fully paved. It remained in the same configuration until it was removed from the state trunkline system around 1960, after the freeway carrying Interstate 94 and US 12 was completed near Ann Arbor. After removal from the state highway system, the roadway is now simply known as Dexter–Ann Arbor Road; it is two lanes wide throughout.
The entire highway was in Washtenaw County.
|Ann Arbor||7.471||12.023||US 12 (Huron Street/Jackson Avenue)||Now BL I-94|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Michigan State Highway Department (May 1, 1929). Official Highway Service Map (Map). [c. 1:810,000]. Lansing: Michigan State Highway Department. OCLC 12701195, 79754957.
- Michigan State Highway Department & H.M. Gousha (January 1, 1930). Official Highway Service Map (Map). [c. 1:810,000]. Lansing: Michigan State Highway Department. OCLC 12701195, 79754957.
- Michigan Department of Transportation & Michigan Center for Shared Solutions and Technology Partnerships (2009). MDOT Physical Reference Finder Application (Map). Michigan Department of Transportation. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- Michigan State Highway Department (1958). Official Highway Map (Map). [c. 1:918,720]. Lansing: Michigan State Highway Department. § M12. OCLC 12701120, 51856742. Retrieved December 18, 2016 – via Archives of Michigan. (Includes all changes through July 1, 1958)
- Michigan State Highway Department (1960). Official Highway Map (Map). [c. 1:918,720]. Lansing: Michigan State Highway Department. § M12. OCLC 12701120, 81552576. Retrieved August 12, 2017 – via Archives of Michigan. (Includes all changes through July 1, 1960)
- Google (March 31, 2015). "Overview Map of Former M-132" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- M-132 at Michigan Highways