M. S. Banga
M. S. Banga
Banga at the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, 2010
Manvinder Singh Banga
31 October 1954
|Other names||Vindi Banga|
Banga graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in 1975 and did BTech degree in Mechanical Engineering. He earned a master in business administration from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM-A).
Banga worked for Unilever for 33 years. He served as the chairman and chief executive officer of Hindustan Lever Ltd.. In February 2005, as part of a major reorganization of Unilever's upper management, Banga was elevated to the Unilever Executive, as the global head of the Foods division and ultimately took over the HPC division as well - effectively running all of Unilever’s categories across the globe. He was also responsible for their sustainability imitative.
Banga is currently a non-executive director on the Boards of Glaxo Smith Kline Plc, Thomson Reuters, and Marks & Spencer. He is also on the Board of the Confederation of British Industry. He is a Senior Partner at one of the world's oldest and leading private equity firms, Clayton Dubilier & Rice.  He served on the Prime Minister of India's Council for Trade & Industry from 2004 to 2014. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the President of India in 2010.
Vindi is the Chairman the Marie Curie Organisation in the UK, one of the leading charitable providers of palliative care services. He is also the Chair and Trustee of The Karta Initiative, a non profit organisation.
Ajay Banga (Ajaypal Singh Banga) is his brother and is currently the president and chief executive officer of MasterCard. Tavraj Banga is his son and a senior executive at the buy-out firm Terra Firma.
- "Company Overview of Kedaara Capital Investment Managers Limited: Manvinder Singh Banga". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Our leadership team: Vindi Banga". Marks and Spencers. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "33 years on, Vindi Banga quits Unilever". The Times of India. 19 March 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Banga elevated as global foods head ", The Financial Express, 11 February 2005 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 August 2006. Retrieved 28 November 2006.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Board of Directors: Manvinder Singh (Vindi) Banga". GSK. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Padma Awards: Press Note" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs. 25 January 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 November 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Karta Initiative". Karta-initiative.org. 29 December 2016.
- (12 April 2010.) "MasterCard Names Ajay Banga President and Chief Executive Officer Succeeding Robert W. Selander." Mastercard.com. Accessed January 2012
- Gupte, Masoom (17 July 2015). "December bash to toast May wedding of Vindi Banga's son". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2 October 2017.