|Founded||December 31, 1992|
|Revenue||CZK 2,872 mil (2009)|
|CZK 169 mil. (2009)|
|CZK 216 mil. (2009)|
|Total assets||CZK 4,068 mil. (2009)|
Number of employees
Mafra is a Czech media group that publishes printed and internet media, headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. It is a subsidiary of Agrofert holding conglomerate that is owned by trust of Andrej Babiš, the current Prime Minister of the Czech Republic. Mafra owns some of the most popular media in the Czech Republic, including MF DNES and Lidové noviny newspapers, and the most visited Czech news server iDnes.
Mafra was founded in 1992 in Prague. It was acquired in 1994 by the German group Rheinisch-Bergische Druckerei- und Verlagsgesellschaft GmbH (RBDV) (the publisher of the Rheinische Post), which bought Mafra from French press group Socpresse. In 2013, Mafra was acquired by Czech holding group Agrofert, which is owned by Andrej Babiš.
MAFRA publishes the daily newspaper Mladá fronta DNES (MF Dnes), which, with 224,000 circulation as of March 2011 is the second largest newspaper in the Czech Republic, after tabloid Blesk. Fully owned subsidiary Lidové noviny, a.s. publishes daily newspaper Lidové noviny with circulation of 44,000, 60% subsidiary Metro Česká republika, a.s. publishes a freesheet Czech edition of Metro with a circulation of 266,000.
The internet division is, as of February 2011, the third most visited Czech website on the internet, with 3.7 million unique visitors per month. It includes web portals iDnes.cz and lidovky.cz, most of its websites being under iDnes.cz.
- "MAFRA - 2009 Annual Report". Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "The new Czech media owners". Progetto.
- "Zpravodajci na českém webu: přehled zpravodajských serverů - Lupa.cz". Lupa (in Czech).
- "The press in the Czech Republic". BBC news. December 10, 2005. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- Francová, Pavla (26 June 2013). "Miliardář Babiš mediálním magnátem. Koupil vydavatele MF Dnes, Lidových novin i Metra". Hospodářské noviny (in Czech). iHNED. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Periodický tisk". www.abccr.cz. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "Portfolio Metro". iDNES.cz. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "Návštěvnost internetu v ČR v únoru stagnovala na 7,7 milionu lidí - Finance.cz". www.finance.cz. Retrieved 21 October 2017.