|Central government organisation |
Public sector undertakings in India
|Founded||9 September 1964|
|B B Singh (Chairman & Managing Director)|
|Products||E-auction, e-procurement, e-sales, retail software|
MSTC Limited (formerly known as Metal Scrap Trade Corporation Limited) is an Indian state-owned e-commerce company based in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is a Miniratna Category-I public sector undertaking, owned and operated by the Government of India with Profit Before Tax of INR 111.59 crore for fiscal year 2017-18. Incorporated on 9 September 1964, MSTC has 326 employees (as on 31 March 2018).
MSTC renders service to various e-commerce sectors, including e-auction, e-procurement, high sea sales, e-sales, and retail software. MSTC recently developed software to conduct online draw for new LPG distribution ship scheme which was conducted by state run oil marketing companies all over India. MSTC is also in the process of developing an online portal on behalf of the government for selling state-owned entities through an English auction system.
The company has its head office in Kolkata, West Bengal; four regional offices in Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai; and branch offices in Chandigarh, Jaipur, Vadodara, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Bangalore, Lucknow, Ranchi, Raipur, Vijaywada, Trichy, Vizag, and Hyderabad. MSTC has recently opened two new site office at Patna and Dehradun. It also has a subsidiary PSU company, FSNL (Ferro Scrap Nigam Limited).
- 1964 - incorporated as a regulatory body for export of scrap
- 1982 - independent company under Ministry of Steel
- 2002 - awarded Miniratna Category-II status
- 2004 - started auctioning of coal
- 2005 - awarded Miniratna Category-I status
- 2007 - started e-auction of manganese ore
- 2011 - started e-auction of iron ore in Karnataka, and human hair
- 2012 - started e-auction of chrome ore, baryte, raw pet coke
- 2013 - started e-auction of forest produces
- 2014 - started e-auction of iron ore in GOA and red sanders wood in Andhra Pradesh
- 2015 - e-auction of coal mine blocks and regassified LNG
- 2016 - developed e-bidding platform under DDUGJY & IPDS, DEEP and allocation of marginal oil field
- 2017 - developed ERAKAM portal to provide e-auction platform to sell agriculture produce
- 2018 - developed Online LPG Distributorship Draw Software for Oil Marketing Companies.
MSTC have offices at 21 locations across India.. There are four Regional offices, 13 Branch offices and 4 site offices Patna (Bihar), Amravati and Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh), Dehradun (Uttarakhand).
- Regional Offices: ERO at Kolkata , WRO at Mumbai , SRO at Chennai , NRO at New Delhi.
- Branch offices: Ranchi , Guwahati, Bhuvaneswar, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Raipur,Jaipur, Vadodara, Bangalore, Trivandrum, Vizag, Hyderabad.
- Site offices: Patna ( Bihar), Amravati and Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh), Dehradun (Uttarakhand).
The company is under the administrative control of Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India. Currently 64.75% share of the company is held by Govt. of India.
CERO is a joint venture of MSTC Ltd. and Mahindra Accelo. This JV company has set up the first auto shredding plant in India for recycling end of life vehicles and other white goods by converting these into shredded scrap which is a vital raw material of secondary steel plants.
- Kolkata Best Employer Brand Awards 2017 by Employer Branding Institute, India
- Jacob, Shine (28 December 2017). "LPG dealership expansion gains pace". Business Standard. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- Majumder, Arindam (7 May 2018). "E-bidding: Govt to explore English auction system for disinvestment" – via Business Standard.
- Jacob, Shine (30 November 2011). "Q&A: S K Tripathi, CMD, MSTC" – via Business Standard.
- Bureau, Andhra Pradesh (24 July 2014). "Stage set for e-auction of red sanders" – via www.thehindu.com.
- Mazumdar, Rakhi (7 May 2018). "MSTC to conduct E-auction of coal blocks, mjunction cries foul" – via The Economic Times.
- PTI (15 September 2015). "Bidding starts for imported LNG subsidy; 16 power companies in fray".
- Jacob, Shine (16 February 2017). "Cabinet awards 31 oil blocks to 22 firms" – via Business Standard.
- "https://www.mstcindia.co.in/content/Contact.aspx" – via MSTC LTD. External link in
- Mukherjee, Sharmistha (8 August 2016). "Mahindra Intertrade and MSTC sign JV to set up auto shredding centre" – via The Economic Times.
- "Employer Branding Awards". www.employerbrandingawards.com.