John McKager Stipanovich
November 26, 1948 (aged 69)
Ocala, Florida, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
|Known for||Florida election recount (2000)|
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
John McKager "Mac" Stipanovich (born November 26, 1948) is a Florida Republican activist and lobbyist. He may be best known for his role in the 2000 Florida election recount, in which he helped advise Katherine Harris.
Portrayal in film
Stipanovich is portrayed in the HBO film Recount by Bruce McGill. The film, which had a broadcast premiere on May 25, 2008, chronicled the events in Florida during the presidential election lawsuits and appeals.
- Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Florida in 1972
- Juris Doctor from the Levin College of Law in 1974
- Levey-Baker, Cooper, War Room: A Katherine Harris Adviser Reflects on the High Stress and High Stakes of the 2000 Recount, Sarasota Magazine, February, 2016, volume 38, Number 6, page 54
- "War Room: A Katherine Harris Adviser Reflects on the High Stress and High Stakes of the 2000 Recount". Highbeam.com. February 1, 2016. Archived from the original on December 20, 2016. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- "HBO's 'Recount': But Who's Counting?". Nysun.com. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Florida Lobbyist, Mac Stipanovich: Fowler White Boggs Banker, A Florida Law Firm". Web.archive.org. May 12, 2008. Archived from the original on May 12, 2008. Retrieved July 7, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)