|Full name||Macclesfield Rugby Union Football Club|
|Founded||1877(present club formed in 1927 )|
|Location||Macclesfield, Cheshire, England|
|Ground(s)||Priory Park (Capacity: 1,250 (250 seats))|
|Chairman||Peter Harper (resigning at end of 2018-19 season)|
|Coach(es)||Andy Appleyard (Head Coach)|
|2018−19||Relegated from National League 2 North (14th)|
Macclesfield RUFC is a rugby union team based in the Cheshire town of Macclesfield and operates four senior sides, senior and junior colts and ten mini/junior teams. The first XV are known as the Blues and currently play in the fifth tie of the English rugby union system, North Premier, following their relegation from National League 2 North at the end of the 2018-19 season. The second XV, known as the Lions, plays in the Cotton Traders Premier League, the third XV play in Standish Media Services division 1 and the fourth XV play in the Freshlet Division 4.
Macclesfield RUFC was formed in 1877 although the present club was formed in 1927. After playing at several venues, the club moved to its present home in 1980. Five years later they participated in the forerunner to the launch of the national league system when they participated in the Girobank North West League. Over the last 25 years Macclesfield have climbed the pyramid spending one season in National One during the 2012–13 Season before being relegated but bouncing straight back after winning promotion during 2013–14 Season. However the 2014/15 Season saw the Blues relegated back to National 2 at the end of the campaign. They won the old North West 1 in 1991–92, North 2 in 1994–95 and entered the old National 3 North, then the fourth tier of club rugby, in 2002, winning the league in 2009–10, by which it had been restructured as National League 2 North.
- North West 1 (1): 1991–92
- North 2 (1): 1994–95
- North 1 v Midlands 1 promotion playoff winners (1): 2002–03
- National League 2 North (3): 2009–10, 2013–14, 2015–16
- National Division 2 Champions Cup (1): 2009–10
- Cheshire Cup
- Winners (8): 1991–92, 1994–95, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2015–16
- Runners-up (2): 2004–05, 2007–08
- Cheshire Plate
- Winners (2): 1981–82, 1993–94
- "Cheshire FBU Response to 'Draft' Corporate Plan & IRMP 2011/2012" (PDF). Cheshire Fire Authority. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Harper hoping for a Macc makeover". The RUGBYPaper (441). Rugby Paper Ltd. 26 February 2017. p. 43.
- Club website 'About our Club' page
- Club website - history page