|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Madathukulam had a population of 20,212. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Madathukulam has an average literacy rate of 70%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 78%, and female literacy is 62%. In Madathukulam, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The surrounding area is mainly based on agriculture. The area has six paper mills nearby, and one dyeing mill, one tannery, one dairy. Madathukulam is located between Udumalpet and Palani. Madathukulam is 12 km from Udumalpet, on the way to Palani.
Madathukulam was part of Coimbatore district. When Tirupur district was formed from the regions of Coimbatore and Erode district, Madathukulam has been a part of Tirupur district. It is also one of the taluks in Tirupur district and a state assembly constituency in Tamil Nadu.
With regard to education, there are Government and privately owned schools in Madathukulam. Those are Government High School and Higher Secondary School (GHSS) near KTL Mill, National Matriculation School, JSR Higher Secondary School, Thiruvalluvar Nursery and Primary School.
There are many temple, mosque, church in and around Madathukulam. Some of the temples are Sri AlaguNachiAmman Temple (at Karatholuvu), Sri Ramalinga Sowdeswari Amman Temple (at Narashingapuram), Sri Karuppannaswamy temple, Sri Ganapathy temple, Sri Sowdambika temple, Sri Mariamman temple (at a nearby place called Kazhukarai), Sri Lakshmi Narayana Perumal temple (at Chozhamaadevi), Sri Kulasekara Peruman (Lord Siva temple with Kunguma Valli ambal at Chozhamaadevi), Sri Idaicheeswari Amman temple (at Midapadi). The villages in madathukulam are Thungavi, Rajavur, Chinnappan Pudur,Polarapatti, Myvadi, Padaiyatchi Pudur, Sengandi Pudur, Goundappa Goundan Pudur and Narasingha Puram.
Jayarama Krishnan of DMK is the sitting MLA form this Constituency.
The Amaravathi River runs through the town.
Buses from Palani to Coimbatore Ukkadam Bus Terminal pass via Madathukulam.
City/mofussil buses are available from Madathukulam to reach various places. They are listed below with regard to directions:
- SOUTH: Kumaralingam (15/15A), Kozhumam (15), Rudrapaalaiyam (15), Kannaadiputhur (15/15A,26(SRT)
- NORTH: Kaniyur (2A,8,8A,8B,8C,12,20A/2A, 14,14c,26(SRT),29,30, SAKTHI, SMMS,NAH, SARASWATHI), Karathozhuvu (12,29,14,SAKTHI, SMMS,NAH, SARASWATHI), Thalavaaipattinam (14,14c,SAKTHI, SMMS,NAH, SARASWATHI), Dharapuram (14,14c,SAKTHI, SMMS,NAH, SARASWATHI)
- WEST: Uduamalaipettai (Udumalpet) (2A,12,12B,15,15A,29,30, SAKTHI, SMMS,NAH, SARASWATHI and Govt mofussil buses), Pollachi (SMMS, RNS,LAKSHMI, SIVA SELVI, RAJA,THIRUMURTHI and Govt mofussil buses), Coimbatore (Govt mofussil buses,THIRUMURTHI, SRK)
- EAST: Pazhani (8, 8A,8B,8C,10 (SRI MURUGAN),24, RNS, LAKSHMI, SIVA SELVI, RAJA, THIRUMURTHI and Govt mofussil buses)
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.