Maharashtra Airport Development Company
|Special Purpose Company|
|Founder||Government of Maharashtra|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maharashtra Airport Development Company Limited abbreviated as (MADC), is a Special Purpose Company constituted in 2002 by the Government of Maharashtra (GoM) to play a lead role in the planning and implementation of the Multi-modal International Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN) project, MADC would also take up development of other Airports in Maharashtra not managed by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and Indian Air Force (IAF) in order to provide air connectivity between District Headquarters and State Capital, Mumbai.
Formation of MADC
Keeping in mind all the key objectives, MADC was formed with equity participation from
- City and Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (CIDCO),
- Nagpur Improvement Trust (NIT),
- Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC),
- Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Ltd. (MSRDC) and the
- Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC)
Integrated with the development of MIHAN, the master plan of the project consists of a Special Economic Zone  comprising an Information Technology City, a Health City, a Captive Power Plant and other Manufacturing and Value Added units.
The MADC has been tasked with developing some existing airports in Non-Metropolitan regions of Maharashtra. These are :
- Amravati Airport
- Chandrapur Airstrip
- Dhule Airport
- Jalgaon Airport
- Karad Airport
- Phaltan Airstrip
- Solapur Airport
The remaining airports in the State of Maharashtra continue to remain under the jurisdiction of the MIDC.
The Government has approved proposals for developing three greenfield airports.
- Shirdi Airport
- Chhatrapati Sambhaji Raje International Airport near Purandhar in Pune district
- Boramani International Airport in Solapur
- MADC-Official Website
- Multi-modal International Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN)
- Nagpur Improvement Trust (NIT)
- Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC)
- Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- Nagpur Airport