|Founded||April 16, 2009|
|National affiliation||Bagong Alyansang Makabayan|
Partido Galing at Puso (2016)
|Colors||Blue, red, yellow|
|Seats in the Senate|
0 / 24
|Seats in the House of Representatives|
7 / 358
0 / 81
|Provincial vice governorships|
0 / 81
|Provincial board members|
0 / 756
|Part of a series on|
Makabayang Koalisyon ng Mamamayan (Makabayan) (English: Patriotic Coalition of the People) is a coalition of twelve party-lists political parties in the Philippine House of Representatives. It was founded on April 16, 2009. The founding assembly was held at UP Theatre, Diliman, Quezon City.
Twelve party-lists are part of Makabayan:
- Bayan Muna (People First)
- Teachers: Alliance of Concerned Teachers
- Workers and peasants: Anakpawis (Toiling Masses)
- Women: GABRIELA (General Assembly Binding Women for Integrity, Reform, Equality, Leadership and Action) Women's party
- Youth: Kabataan (Youth)
- Indigenous people: Katribu (Tribesmen)
- Migrants: Migrante (Migrants)
- Children's rights: Akap-bata (Childcare)
- Government employees: COURAGE (Confederation for Unity Recognition and Advancement of Government Employees)
- Drivers: Piston
- Green party: Kalikasan
- Bicolano people: Aking Bikolnon
Makabayan also includes organizations that are not political parties, including:
- Peasants: Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (Peasant Movement in the Philippines, KMP), Amihan (National Federation of Peasant Women), UMA (Unyon ng mga Manggagawa sa Agrikultura, Union of Agricultural Workers)
- Workers: Kilusang Mayo Uno (May First Movement, KMU)
- Youth and Students: Anakbayan, College Editors Guild of the Philippines (CEGP), League of Filipino Students (LFS), National Union of Students of the Philippines (NUSP), Karatula - Kabataang Artista para sa Tunay na Kalayaan (Youth Artists for Genuine Freedom), SCMP - Student Christian Movement of the Philippines
- Fisherfolk: Pambasang Lakas ng Kilusang Mamamalakaya Pilipinas (National Force of Fisherfolk Movement in the Philippines, PAMALAKAYA)
- Religious: Promotion of Church People's Response (PCPR), Rural Missionaries of the Philippines (RMP)
- Health Workers: Health Alliance for Democracy (HEAD)
- Scientists: Agham- Advocates of Science and Technology for the People
- Teachers: Congress of Teachers and Educators for Nationalism and Democracy (CONTEND)
- Cultural Workers: Concerned Artists of the Philippines (CAP), Sinagbayan
- Indigenous People: Kalipunan ng mga Katutubong Mamamayan ng Pilipinas (KAMP)
- Human Rights Defenders: KARAPATAN - Advancement for the Advancement of People's Rights
- Lawyers: National Union of People's Lawyers (NUPL)
- Urban poor: Kalipunan ng Damayang Mahihirap (KADAMAY)
House of Representatives
- 8th Congress (1987–1992) - two seats
- 12th Congress (2001–2004) - three seats
- 13th Congress (2004–2007) - six seats
- 14th Congress (2007–2010) - eight seats
- 15th Congress (2010–2013) - seven seats
- 16th Congress (2013–2016) - seven seats
- 2019: Neri Colmenares has declared his intent to run for senator in the 2019 midterm elections. Likely running as an independent without support from any major political coalition, this will be his second attempt to run for a Senate seat.
- 2016: Colmenares finished 20th with 14.48% of the vote and was not elected.
- 2013: Teodoro Casiño finished 22nd with 10.70% of the vote and was not elected.
- "Makabayan Koalisyon never truly matured". Manila Standard. 25 September 2018.
- "Makabayan bloc endorses Poe-Escudero tandem - The Manila Times Online". www.manilatimes.net. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- tell-it-sunstar-left-and-poe-escudero-434985 (2015-10-09). "Tell it to Sun.Star: The left and Poe-Escudero". Sunstar. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- "Hacked By Xbrang Wolf". www.makabayan.net. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- II, Paterno Esmaquel. "Comelec stops purge of registered party-list groups". Rappler. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Share; Twitter. "Seized rebel documents show Makabayan bloc-CPP links". www.pna.gov.ph. Retrieved 2019-05-09.