Malatya Erhaç Airport
|Airport type||Public /Military|
|Operator||General Directorate of State Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||862 m / 2,828 ft|
Being the first built and put into service, airport Malatya has come into use since 1941 in Old Malatya now called Battalgazi. However, the airport was then deployed to another place; lastly, in May 1941 it was built in the area which has been still used. Our airport has been actively used in one of the most developed cities of the East; the distance to the city centre is 34 km; yearly passenger capacity is 100.000 in international line, 900.000 in domestic line and totally it is 1.000.000. plane capacity is 17.250. there is 6 scheduled flight of Civil aviation. Our airport is used both for civil and army forces and usufuructuary right is in the hand of General Directorate of State Airports Authority and Air Force Command.
Due to its strategic geographical position, Airport Malatya is used by the nearby cities; as a result of the improvements in the aerospace sector, there has been an increase of 100% both in the flights and the number of passengers.Therefore; our building has become inadequate for meeting the need. Shortly, after the tender,s our new building has been built. It was started to be built in 2009 according to the international standards; the length of the runway is 3350x45mt; the first flight was on 23 October 2010. With our new runway, our passenger number has reached to 1.000.000 yearly, in the past, this number was only 300.000 passengers.
Airlines and destinations
|AnadoluJet||Ankara, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|Pegasus Airlines||Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|SunExpress Deutschland||Seasonal: Düsseldorf|
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
- (in Turkish) Malatya Hava Meydanı Archived 1 November 2007 at the Wayback Machine at DHMİ (State Airports Authority)
- Airport information for LTAT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LTAT at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "SunExpress Germany S19 network additions as of 18OCT18". routesonline.com.
- "Istanbul New Airport Transition Delayed Until April 5, 2019 (At The Earliest)".
- Current weather for LTAT at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for MLX at Aviation Safety Network
- Malatya Oto Kiralama Malatya Oto Kiralama
|This Turkish airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Eastern Anatolia Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|