Manila Metro Rail Transit System Line 8
|Other name(s)||PNR East-West Rail|
|Locale||Manila, Quezon City|
|Daily ridership||600,000 (projected)|
|Line length||9.4 km (5.8 mi)|
The Manila Metro Rail Transit System Line 8, or MRT-8 (formerly designated as MRT-9, now designated to Metro Manila Subway Line 9), also known as PNR East-West Line, is a proposed rapid transit line in the Philippines. It will be a nine-kilometer railway system connecting Sampaloc, Manila and Diliman, Quezon City via, Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon Avenue, and España Boulevard. The unsolicited proposal for the project was submitted to the Philippine government by Malaysia-based construction engineering company AlloyMTD group in 2016, and is awaiting for approval by the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA). According to MTD Philippines, Inc. President Patrick Nicholas David, the project will cost PHP 60 billion.
|University Avenue||Depressed||Line 7||Quezon City|
|Quezon Memorial||Line 7|
|University of Santo Tomas|
- Metro Manila Rapid Transit Network
- List of rail transit stations in the Greater Manila Area
- Manila Metro Rail Transit System
- Manila Light Rail Transit System
- Philippine National Railways
- Department of Transportation (DOTr)
- Transportation in the Philippines
- Transportation in Metro Manila
- "Alloy MTD offers to build P60-B Lerma-UP railway". Manila Bulletin Business. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- "AlloyMtd to embark on Philippine MRT-9 project next year - Business News | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- "Malaysian firm waits NEDA's nod for P60-B MRT-9 project". ptvnews.ph. Retrieved 2018-07-10.