Mansfield Woodhouse Greyhound Stadium
|Location||Old Mill Lane, Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire|
The stadium was constructed south of Mansfield Woodhouse and on the north east side of Mansfield. It was located off Old Mill Lane between the lane and the Mansfield Corporation sewage works sludge beds.
The greyhound racing was independent (unaffiliated to a governing body) and served the local mining community. The track opened after the war and opened for racing on 11 Dec 1948 and was overseen by Mr. C. Faulkner (managing director). It was listed as having a 5,000 capacity.
The site today is occupied by the Tall Trees Mobile Home Park.
- "OS Plan 1957". old-maps.co.uk.
- "Mansfield Woodhouse Sports Stadium, Thursday 1 December". Official Programme. 1949.
- Particulars of Licensed tracks, table 1 Licensed Dog Racecourses. Licensing Authorities. 1948.
- Barnes, Julia (1988). Daily Mirror Greyhound Fact File. Ringpress Books. p. 419. ISBN 0-948955-15-5.
- "DUCHESS AT THE TRACK". Our Mansfield and Area.