Marcus Smith II
|No. 46 – Washington Redskins|
|Born:||March 31, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||258 lb (117 kg)|
|High school:||Hardaway (Columbus, Georgia)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 1 / Pick: 26|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Marcus Smith II (born March 31, 1992) is an American football outside linebacker for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft, and played his college football at Louisville.
Smith attended Hardaway High School in Columbus, Georgia. He played quarterback for Hardaway, passing for more than 1,800 yards and 14 touchdowns, while adding 227 yards rushing and four touchdowns. As a senior, he was selected to the 2009 AAAA All-Region Second Team.
Smith attended the University of Louisville from 2010 to 2013.
As a senior in 2013, he recorded 42 tackles, including 18.5 for loss, and 14.5 sacks, which was second nationally. He was named a third-team All-American by the Associated Press. He was also a first-team All-AAC and was named the conference's Defensive Player of the Year.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 3⁄8 in
|4.68 s||4.47 s||7.48 s||35 in
|10 ft 1 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
On July 26, 2017, Smith was waived by the Eagles.
On October 1, 2017, after Cliff Avril suffered a neck injury against the Indianapolis Colts, Smith was forced into the starting defensive line rotation early in the game. He responded with the finest game of his career, recording 1.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble on Colts QB Jacoby Brissett.
- Marcus Smith - Yahoo Sports
- Louisville's Marcus Smith Named Third-Team AP All-American
- UL's Smith Named AAC Defensive Player Of The Year
- "DL44, Marcus Smith". NFL.com. Retrieved May 24, 2019.
- 2014 NFL Draft: Eagles take Marcus Smith, defensive end from Louisville, with first pick
- "Marcus Smith playing time". nj.com. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- Alper, Josh (May 1, 2017). "Report: Eagles won't exercise Marcus Smith's 2018 option". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- McPherson, Chris. "Eagles Waive DE Marcus Smith And Sign LB Steven Daniels". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Sessler, Marc (July 28, 2017). "Seahawks sign former first-round pick Marcus Smith". NFL.com.
- Bell, Gregg (October 4, 2017). "Humbled, wise Marcus Smith gets second chance with Seahawks". TheNewsTribune.com.
- Williams, Charean (March 22, 2018). "Report: Marcus Smith signs one-year deal with Seahawks". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- "Seahawks Sign LB Erik Walden, RB Justin Stockton; Terminate Contract of LB Marcus Smith, Waive CB Elijah Battle". Seahawks.com. August 17, 2018.
- "Redskins Sign Josh Johnson, Three Others; Place Quinton Dunbar, Trey Quinn And Jonathan Cooper On Injured Reserve". Redskins.com. December 5, 2018.
- "Redskins Sign Matt Flanagan, Joshua Holsey, Andrew East; Waive Kapri Bibbs, Marcus Smith". Redskins.com. December 15, 2018.
- "Redskins Sign Marcus Smith And Alex Carter, Place Colt McCoy And Jordan Reed On Injured Reserve". Redskins.com. December 27, 2018.