Marjorie Ogilvie Anderson
After graduation she joined Alan Orr Anderson, whose eyesight was failing, as his paleographer and assistant. They married in 1932. Alan Anderson died in 1958, but Mrs Anderson continued to publish on early Scottish subjects, most notably her Kings and Kingship in Early Scotland and her revision of Early Sources of Scottish History, the standard collection of source material on Scottish History to 1286, written by Alan Anderson and first published in 1922.
She died in 2002.
- (with Alan Orr Anderson) The Chronicle of Holyrood, Edinburgh, 1938.
- (with Alan Orr Anderson) Adomnan's Life of Columba, Edinburgh 1961 (revised Oxford, 1991)
- Kings and Kingship in Early Scotland, Edinburgh, 1973 (revised Edinburgh, 1980)
- (editor) Anderson, Alan Orr, Scottish Annals from English Chroniclers: AD 500–1286, 2nd edition, Stamford, 1990.
- Watt, D.E.R., "Dr Marjorie Ogilvie Anderson: A tribute" in Simon Taylor (ed.), Kings, clerics and chronicles in Scotland 500–1297: Essays in honour of Marjorie Ogilvie Anderson on the occasion of her ninetieth birthday. Four Courts, Dublin, 2000. ISBN 1-85182-516-9
- Taylor, Simon, "Introduction" and "Bibliography of Marjorie Ogilvie Anderson" in Taylor (ed.), op. cit.
- Taylor, Simon, "The Anderson Century: 100 years of Early Medieval Scottish Historical Study" in History Scotland, Volume 2, Number 6 (November/December 2002).