Mark C. Johns
Johns, spouse, and supporters at the 2014 Independence Day parade in Fairport, New York
|Member of the New York State Assembly|
from the 135th district
|Assumed office |
January 1, 2011
|Preceded by||David R. Koon|
|Born||October 29, 1952|
Rochester, New York
|Residence||Webster, New York|
|Alma mater||St. John Fisher College|
|Profession||Environmental health specialist, Politician|
Mark C. Johns (born October 29, 1952) is an American Republican politician who represents District 135 in the New York State Assembly, which includes the towns and villages of East Rochester, Penfield and Webster, and Fairport, in the eastern suburbs of Rochester.
Johns is a lifetime resident of Webster, where he attended Catholic and public schools. He became an Eagle Scout at the age of 14. He graduated from St. John Fisher College in 1975, with a B.S. degree in biology. He joined the Monroe County Health Department in 1979, where worked as an environmental health specialist until he retired in 2012.
His first foray into politics was a run against congresswoman Louise Slaughter for New York's 28th congressional district in 2000. He was elected to the Webster Town Board in 2007, where he served a four-year term before being elected to the state Assembly. Johns also served on the Webster Conservation Board.
- "Legislative Preview: Meet The New Members". The Capitol. Manhattan Media. January 6, 2011. Retrieved March 22, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Assembly Member Mark C. Johns (NY)". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Mark Johns: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 22, 2011.
- "Koons looks to fend off Johns again", Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester, New York, p. 3B, 2010-10-18, ISSN 1088-5153
- "Voters keep most area incumbents in office", Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester, New York, p. 9A, 2010-11-03, ISSN 1088-5153
- "Local GOP proves strong in vote", Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester, New York, p. 1A, 2010-11-07, ISSN 1088-5153
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mark C. Johns.|
|New York Assembly|
David R. Koon
| New York State Assembly, 135th District
January 1, 2011 – present