Lady Mary Fagan
Coat of Arms of Lady Mary Fagan
|Lord Lieutenant of Hampshire|
28 March 1994 – 11 September 2014
|Preceded by||James Walter Scott|
|Succeeded by||Nigel Atkinson|
|Born||11 September 1939|
|Spouse(s)||Christopher Tarleton Feltrim Fagan (1960-present)|
|Children||Christopher Hugh Tarleton Feltrim Fagan|
James Tarleton Feltrim Fagan
|Mother||Caroline Judith Francklin|
|Father||George Haliburton Foster Peel Vere-Laurie|
Early life and family
Lady Mary was born at Gonalston Hall, Nottinghamshire, the daughter of Lt. Col. George Haliburton Foster Peel Vere-Laurie and Caroline Judith Francklin. She was married October 21, 1960 to Captain Christopher Tarleton Feltrim Fagan, the son of Christopher Frederick Feltrim Fagan and Helen Maud Tarelton. To their union were born two sons, Christopher Hugh Tarleton Feltrim Fagan (died in an automobile accident in 1987), and James Tarleton Feltrim Fagan.
Charitable and public service
Lady Mary is chair of trustees of the Countess Of Brecknock Hospice Trust. She is also a trustee of the Overlord Embroidery Trust, The Edwina Mountbatten And Leonora Children's Foundation and Winchester Cathedral Trust. 
Lady Mary was appointed a Dame Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (DCVO) in the 2009 Birthday Honours (announced 13 June 2009). She was appointed a Lady Companion of the Order of the Garter on 23 April 2018.
- Honorary Rear Admiral in the Royal Naval Reserve
- Honorary Colonel, 457 Battery RA
- Chairman of the Advisory Committee for Magistrates
- 27 April 1998: Honorary Colonel, 78 (Fortress) Engineer Regiment (Volunteers)
- Honorary Colonel, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (Volunteers) 4th Division
- After appointment as a Lady Companion of the Order of the Garter (LG), she has chosen to be known as Lady Mary Fagan in lieu of the previously correct Dame Mary Fagan.
- "Lady Mary Fagan". Alastair Bruce on Twitter. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- Lord Lieutenant of Hampshire website, hants.gov.uk; accessed 27 June 2015.
- Mosley, Charles, editor (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes. Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage Ltd.
- Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh (1976). Burke's Irish Family Records. London, U.K.: Burkes Peerage Ltd.
- "The Countess Of Brecknock Hospice Trust". Charity Commission.
- "Appointments to the Order of the Garter". The Royal Family. 23 April 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "No. 59090". The London Gazette (Supplement). 13 June 2009. p. 3.
- "No. 55110". The London Gazette (Supplement). 27 April 1998. p. 4764.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lady Mary Fagan.|