|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||1.7 km2 (0.7 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,300/km2 (16,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barasat, Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Habra, Gaighata|
As per 2011 Census of India Machhlandapurr had a total population of 10,790, of which 5,519 (51%) were males and 5,271 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 879. The total number of literates in Machhlandapurr was 8,708 (85.58 % of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Machhlandapurr had a population of 9,706. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Machhlandapurr has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 72%. In Machhlandapurr, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
As per 2011 census, a large proportion of people in Habra I CD Block earn their livelihood as ‘other workers’, which include office, factory and transport workers, professionals and business people and so on. (See Habra I for details). Around a total of 32 lakh people from all around the city commute to Kolkata daily for work. In the Sealdah-Bangaon section there are 58 trains that carry commuters from 24 railway stations. In the Seadah-Hasnabad sections 32 trains carry commuters from 30 stations.
As per District Census Handbook 2011, Maslandapur covered an area of 1.7 km2. It had 3 primary schools, 1 middle school, 1 secondary school and 1 senior secondary school.
Maslandapur Bhudeb Smriti Balika Vidyalaya is a higher secondary school for girls in Maslandapur. Rajballavpur High School and Dhakshin Chatra High School are higher secondary schools for boys in Maslandapur.
Bandhan Academy is a Primary School for Girls and Boys from middle and low income families aiming to provide life centric quality education. Low cost education for the benefit of poor communities. Promoted by Bandhan a voluntary not for profit organization in West Bengal.
Maslandapur Rural Hospital with 30 beds functions as the main medical facility in Habra I CD Block.
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived 2007-08-09 at the Wayback Machine
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Page 289 -Map of Habra I CD Block. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2010-2011, Tables 2.1. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- Dey, Teesta. "The Suburban Railway Network of Kolkata: A Geographical Apprisal" (PDF). eTraverse, the Indian journal of spatial science, 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North 24 Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Page 93, Table 33: Distribution of Workers by Sex in Four Categories ofEconomic Activity in Sub-district 2011; Page 84, Table 30: Number and Percentage of Main Workers, Marginal Workers and Non-workers by sex in sub-districts, 2011. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Section II Town Directory, Pages 781-783 Statement I: Growth History, Pages 799-803: Statement IV: Medical Facilities 2009, Pages 803-805 Section: Educational, Recreational and Cultural Facilities. Directorate of Census Operations V, West Bengal. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- Google maps
- "33811 Seldah Bangaon Locl". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- "Gobardanga Hindu Coleege". GHC. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- "Gobardanga Hindu College". College Admission. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 24 August 2007.