|Acting United States Secretary of the Air Force|
|Assumed office |
June 1, 2019
|Preceded by||Heather Wilson|
|Succeeded by||Barbara Barrett (Nominee)|
|United States Under Secretary of the Air Force|
August 4, 2017 – June 1, 2019
|Preceded by||Lisa Disbrow|
|Born||1958/1959 (age 60–61)|
|Education||Regis University (BS)|
Webster University (MS)
Air University (MMAS)
United States Army Command and General Staff College (MMAS)
|Branch/service||United States Air Force|
|Awards||Defense Superior Service Medal|
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Matthew Donovan is a United States Air Force veteran and government official who is serving as the Acting United States Secretary of the Air Force since June 1, 2019. He served as the United States Under Secretary of the Air Force from 2017 to 2019. He previously served as majority policy director for the United States Senate Committee on Armed Services. Donovan served 31 years in the U.S. Air Force, retiring as a colonel. His service included tours as commander of the U.S. Air Force Officer Training School and of the 95th Fighter Squadron.
- 1981: Bachelor of Science in Technical Management, Regis University
- 1986: Squadron Officer School
- 1995: Master of Science in Management, Webster University
- 1997: Air Command and Staff College (distinguished graduate)
- 1998: Master of Airpower Art and Science, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies of Air University
- 1998: Master of Military Art and Science, School of Advanced Military Studies of United States Army Command and General Staff College
- Matthew Donovan to become acting Air Force secretary at end of month
- "Matthew Donovan to become acting Air Force secretary at end of month". Stars and Stripes. Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- Kheel, Rebecca (August 2, 2017). "Navy secretary, seven other Pentagon posts confirmed". The Hill. Retrieved August 4, 2017.
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Key Additions to his Administration". The White House. June 29, 2017. Retrieved August 4, 2017. This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the White House.