McMicken Island State Park
|McMicken Island Marine State Park|
|Location||Mason, Washington, United States|
|Area||222 acres (90 ha)|
|Elevation||3 ft (0.91 m)|
|Operator||Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission|
|Website||McMicken Island Marine State Park|
McMicken Island Marine State Park is a public recreation area on Harstine Island in south Puget Sound, Mason County, Washington. The state park's 222 acres (90 ha) include 11.5 acres (4.7 ha) of forested McMicken Island and 1,661 feet (506 m) of saltwater shoreline with a sheltered cove. A sand bar connects McMicken Island to Harstine Island at low tide. Park activities include hiking, boating, and harvesting shellfish. The park is administered as a satellite of Jarrell Cove State Park. It bears the name of William C. McMicken, who was Washington Surveyor General from 1873 to 1886.
- "McMicken Island". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "McMicken Island Marine State Park". Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission. Retrieved September 2, 2018.
- "Jarrell Cove State Park". Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission. Retrieved September 2, 2018.
- Olsen, Jerry. "Short Biographies and Personal Notes of All of the Surveyors Associated with the General Land Office in Washington, 1851-1910" (PDF). pp. 316–317. Retrieved September 2, 2018.
- McMicken Island Marine State Park Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission