SDO Office, Mekhliganj
|• Body||Mekhliganj Municipality|
|Elevation||58 m (190 ft)|
|• Additional official||English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jalpaiguri|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Mekliganj|
As of 2001[update] India census, Mekliganj had a population of 10,833. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Mekliganj has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 53%. In Mekliganj, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Now Birupaksha Mitra (WBCS) is the BDO.Before his Aroop Kumar Sadhukhan, WBCS(Exe) was the block development officer of Mekhliganj BlocK & he took the charge of the post in August 2015 from his predecessor Shri Anirban Dutta, WBCS(Exe), who had managed this block efficiently for over three years. With young administrators in the chairs, hopes are high on administration. The block comes under Mekhliganj Sub Division, where Shri Apratim Ghosh, WBCS(Exe) is the sub divisional officer. The deputy magistrates are Sri Prodyut kumar Halder, WBCS(Exe) and Sri Rabindra Nath Basu, WBCS(Exe). Treasury officer is Sri Goutam De, WBA&AS and additional treasury officer is Sri Nani Gopal Adhikary, WBA&AS.
- "Fact and Figures". www.wb.gov.in. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. p. 85. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Mekliganj
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 October 2008. Retrieved 2 October 2008.